• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Thanksgiving! What are your plans?

Happy Turkey Day to all, even the non-americans!

Got up at 3am to finish prepping Bird One. Tossed him on the smoker at 4am. Whew, quite stressful. Im responsible for the two turkeys today, one for my side of fam and one for my wifes side. Im smoking both of them on a big green egg, annnnd its my first time smoking, let alone using the big green egg. Did a 24 hr brine and injection. Using some pecan and hickory wood chunks. I guess we’ll see how it goes...Hoping to put Bird Two on around 8am.

I want to go back to bed but am so nervous the bge’s temp isnt steady.

Whats everyones plans today?

Enjoy the day off folks!

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I’m going to eat with family. I’m a chef so thankful to get a break from cooking this year, I’ve slowly taught my family how to properly prepare a turkey.

As a public service, smoking and deep frying are ok but if you want a delicious turkey I highly recommend using this technique in the future, and remember resting is key. Also take a moment on YouTube and learn how to properly carve a turkey, many drop the ball there. Same with gravy, this video also shows proper gravy technique.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Happy Thanksgiving!

this year is weird. mom's side opted to do a get together on Saturday, dad's side (me, my brothers, and dad) decided to skip it entirely. we may meet up tomorrow to eat some food but not a huge get together. one of my brothers is about to have a baby, so this is the main reason we are keeping that time open.

so i'm just chilling home alone all day. will probably smoke and play videogames. might finally beat Red Dead Redemption 1. then later some booze MST3K/rifftrax.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Not celebrated here in my country, so im working today like a normal day.

You guys how you celerate this day, its like christmas?

kunonabi

Went to eat with the family, going to watch some football, study and eat some pizza rolls then watch something with my dad, probably Daredevil.

I was driving over to my parents house and I felt an anxiety attack coming on so I turned around and drove home. It’s gotten really bad, to the point where I feel like I need a klonopin just to leave the house. The natural supplements haven’t worked for me. I need to figure something out. I’m running out of ideas.

I don’t know why I’m posting this here. Not trying to derail anything. Sorry

cr0w

Old Member
Had a guy at work fry up my turkey yesterday, currently reheating it waiting for my wife to get home from her parents' place. When it's done I'm going to finish up the stuffing and mashed potatoes and chow down. Playing some RDR2 while I wait on the turkey.

May drive around after and check out the shopping madness, but that depends on if I feel like moving after I stuff my face.

way more

Goddamn OP, and God bless you. I wish I had a sister you married you.

I brined and baked, made stuffing and sweet potatoes and it was a success. My natural fresh turkey produced nearly 2 cups of fat so we had a huge mess of gravy and the family loved that. From now on I'm going to make sure we have 1/2 cup or gravy per person from now on.

OP, what kind of turkey do you use when smoking?

Top Bottom