• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Hardware Busters] The New PS5 is Actually Better

So now that DF and GN also tested the new revisions I guess the verdict should be clear.
The new revision is just fine. Theres nothing wrong with it....

Great Hair

Banned
surprise GIF

Great Hair

Banned
So the best scenario in their tests in the last video are with a heatsink and without the SSD cover plate?
No, with the SSD cover.

It prevents from having to clean up the PS5 SSD bay, SSD heatsink few times a month and (allegedly) running it without the cover will increase the internal temperature of the other components, as more heat will be "sucked away" from the fan, which in return is being used to cool down the rest (allegedly).

MikeM

So the best scenario in their tests in the last video are with a heatsink and without the SSD cover plate?
Seems like it. My question is at what temperature does throttling happen? i.e. is a heatsink required if you keep the plate off?

Edit: Is it bad to keep the plate off?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, with the SSD cover.

It prevents from having to clean up the PS5 SSD bay, SSD heatsink few times a month and (allegedly) running it without the cover will increase the internal temperature of the other components, as more heat will be "sucked away" from the fan, which in return is being used to cool down the rest (allegedly).
Makes sense. It was designed for the vacuum flow like we all pointed out before launch. It's almost as if engineers know more than forum trolls.

Top Bottom