• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardware Sales : Spain, Week 11

Esppiral

iu

-We are talking about sales in Spain
-You post an image of someone wearing a Mexican Hat talking in Portuguese.

This is wrong at so many levels.

In Spain people speaks Spanish...
Spain is in Europe not Latin America....

Since launch day I have not seen a single XSX being sold here. It seems that they are really struggling to get a steady supply and when they get it is sold very quickly. XSS seems to be more widely available though.

Airbus Jr

Banned
You could pack a turd in a Sony box and it would sell like crazy in Spain and South America. Actually they did from 2006 thru 2013.

Poorly informed customers for the most part. Most of them will be FIFA boxes anyway.
PS5 still have miles morales, demon souls, astro and sackboy at launch

Xbox still nothing

Halo Infinite delayed

Maybe The Medium but thats not enough to change the tide of batle

Bo_Hazem

Banned
1. PS5- 10,850
PS5 - 8,050 / DE- 2,800
2. NSW - 4,400
3. PS4 - 1,000
4. XBS - 975

Series S - 575 / Series X - 400
5. XBO - 100

Ok now this is child abuse at this point, 10,850 PS5 vs 975 both Xbox Series X|S :lollipop_tears_of_joy: Not to mention 1,000 PS4.:messenger_bicep:

beat up will ferrell GIF

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Phil playing chess, he must be the pawn...
😂
You could pack a turd in a Sony box and it would sell like crazy in Spain and South America. Actually they did from 2006 thru 2013.

Poorly informed customers for the most part. Most of them will be FIFA boxes anyway.
Are you implying that Latin American people are stupid? Uniformed and poor? Ouch man! Doesn’t look good for you!

Most of Europe leans PlayStation over Xbox. Not really shocked to see these numbers out of Spain. I am curious to know if both consoles remain sold out or if Xbox is readily available there. If it is then I think it's safe to say that this is another generation for PlayStation in Spain. If it isn't, then this would clearly be an issue of Microsoft not supplying many consoles there and for obvious reasons. But at the end of the day you can't see 10,850 versus 975 and not think that no matter what Spain isn't all that interested in Xbox.
Microsoft still thinks Europe is a country so, that’s how dumb of an American company it is!

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
😂

Are you implying that Latin American people are stupid? Uniformed and poor? Ouch man! Doesn’t look good for you!

No. You added stupid and poor. I am STATING that for the most part they are uninformed customers.

Source: I am from South America. I know the añmost monopolistic brand power that Sony has here thanks to the piracy ridden ps1 and ps2 generations. Most milennials just kept buying Sony consoles because it's the thing to do. MS and Nintendo consoles are almost alien devices here.

For this reason Sony has to do jack shit in Latin America to thrive.

- Poor or non existant customer service.

-Terrible pricing (no regional pricing whatsoever) unlike MS and he'll even backwards thinking Nintendo

- No ps now servers in the region.

- poor online

As a counterpoint you have Mexico. The Mexican customer is better informed and appreciates the effort MS made in the region. That's how xbox dominated there, even after the ps1 and ps2 generations monopolizing the market (due to piracy ofc)

Last edited:

El_Cinefilo

Wow, I go to Spain quite a bit and I know it's Sony land (I've bough most of my physical Vita games there) but I had no idea Xbox was tanking so hard there, I always assumed they sold maybe half as many xbox consoles not less than a tenth. It's pretty crazy, you would have thought the combination of Gamepass and €80 games would have had more of an impact.

Redlancet

Banned
as i said many times.most of europe dont give a fuck about xbox,its irrelevant here,no matter how noise some xbox fanboys make on social media and the cult of gamepass,people dont care,and there are many good reasons why that is happening,no exclusives no party

Redlancet

Banned
No. You added stupid and poor. I am STATING that for the most part they are uninformed customers.

Source: I am from South America. I know the añmost monopolistic brand power that Sony has here thanks to the piracy ridden ps1 and ps2 generations. Most milennials just kept buying Sony consoles because it's the thing to do. MS and Nintendo consoles are almost alien devices here.

-Terrible pricing (no regional pricing whatsoever) unlike MS and he'll even backwards thinking Nintendo

- poor online

As a counterpoint you have Mexico. The Mexican customer is better informed and appreciates the effort MS made in the region. That's how xbox dominated there, even after the ps1 and ps2 generations monopolizing the market (due to piracy ofc)

lol at the tears,thanks for the laughs

Whitecrow

Banned
MS already said they dont care about hardware sales, so why we give it any relevance.

MS's only goal is to make people play games while having faith that if they try them on Gamepass, they will buy them after.

Still, Sony kept a strong AAA offering while MS didnt, so, no reason to switch from Sonyland to XBOXland.

Zeroing

Banned

- poor online

You know I was joking?
Monopolies suck, but trust me, if MS can do it, they will, I think the better option is having multiple consoles in the market and let them fight!
Not us fight for them!

yurinka

Yes, this is Spain, a.k.a. Sonyland:
-PS5 selling 11x units compared to Xbox Series and 2.5x Switch, even if every new shipped PS5 stock gets sold out in a few minutes.
-Including previous gen, PS sells 14x units compared to Xbox and 2.7x units compared to Nintendo.

And the difference would be higher if PS5 and Series X weren't supply constrained (ot's easy to find Series S here).

Most of Europe leans PlayStation over Xbox. Not really shocked to see these numbers out of Spain. I am curious to know if both consoles remain sold out or if Xbox is readily available there. If it is then I think it's safe to say that this is another generation for PlayStation in Spain. If it isn't, then this would clearly be an issue of Microsoft not supplying many consoles there and for obvious reasons. But at the end of the day you can't see 10,850 versus 975 and not think that no matter what Spain isn't all that interested in Xbox.
Here in Spain it's easy to find Series S stock in every online shop. Series X, like both PS5 skus, always remain sold out and when there are new units available they quickly get sold out. Looking at the sales, new stock batches must be pretty small.

It's Spain dude. Spain has long been dominated by Playstation.... At least compared to Xbox anyway.

Last time I checked, Spain didn't = Everywhere except the US. If these numbers remained all gen long (assuming 8 yrs), Sony wouldn't even outsell the XBS by a million there.
Spain always has been Sonyland, Sony dominated here since the PS1 days. Here even PS Vita and 599€ PS3 at launch sold well. Out of all the Xboxes, only 360 performed decently during its first years (PS3 being released around 2 years later, some cool exclusives in Xbox side, better multiplatform game performance, better online, etc) but still way behind PS3.

Nintendo performed well here, too. But even when Switch has been on top dominated less than in other places, typically Spain is probably the most sonyer country in the world.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
MS already said they dont care about hardware sales, so why we give it any relevance.

MS's only goal is to make people play games while having faith that if they try them on Gamepass, they will buy them after.

Still, Sony kept a strong AAA offering while MS didnt, so, no reason to switch from Sonyland to XBOXland.
MS don’t care? Is that why they spent millions making 2 (not 1) next gen consoles. Behave!

Because to some people last gen systems are worth buying. Not to mention in many cases they are the cheapest option.

You need to look beyond "PlayStation fanboys are stupid" and see that there are other possibilities.
Xbox Series S is what you can buy for the same price as an Ps4.

It's just wasted money, period.

Caio

Spain is truly Sony Land; once the hardware constraint is over and AAA games will be available, it will be total PS5 domination there.

Elog

There are so many countries that are like this. Sometimes it feels as if the US based Xbox crowd lives in a bubble not fully taking in how small Xbox is outside of the US and how few customers actually are interested in GP (that is a nice product). People want to play with friends (i.e. you get the same box as your friends = large barrier to entry) and they want to play the big triple AAA titles. Big triple AAA titles have as a rule not been on GP and Sony is one of the best in the business to make the exclusive big triple AAA hitters (and MS is still miles behind here).

ACESHIGH

Banned
Spain is probably the most sonyer country in the world.

Argentina would like to have a word with you. In Spain Nintendo at least has a more significant foothold in the market. Here is all about Playstation. The Series S and gamepass (with regional prices in local currency) seem like a perfect fit for the market. But not sure how many customers are willing to switch platforms. Folks here just don't know about other alternatives (PC, Xbox, Nintendo)

yazenov

How are people going to subscribe to Gamepass if no one is buying your hardware?

Microsoft PR is full of shit.

Whitecrow

Banned
MS don’t care? Is that why they spent millions making 2 (not 1) next gen consoles. Behave!
Then why bring all games to gamepass on PC with this low subscription fee?

Do you think that MS, with all those billions to burn (Bethesda acquisition, paying devs for putting the games on Gamepass, etc), really cares about XBOX sales?

The answer is a clear NO.

How are people going to subscribe to Gamepass if no one is buying your hardware?

Microsoft PR is full of shit.

There's something called PC where Gamepass is available and where all XBOX games will be too.

XBOX console value is laughable.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Then why bring all games to gamepass on PC with this low subscription fee?

Do you think that MS, with all those billions to burn (Bethesda acquisition, paying devs for putting the games on Gamepass, etc), really cares about XBOX sales?

The answer is a clear NO.

There's something called PC where Gamepass is available and where all XBOX games will be too.

XBOX console value is laughable.
What am I reading?!!
Microsoft want you to use gamepass on your Xbox first and foremost. But they realise that not everyone will buy an Xbox. That’s why they are offering multiple routes. If they genuinely didn’t care, they wouldn’t have made a next generation console. It’s as simple as that.

Top Bottom