• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone ever purchased something from newegg/amazon and had them charge you for it and then tell you it's now out of stock.

I just bought a 2060 rtx card on Newegg, on Sunday. Monday morning I get notice that I was charged and then later got a shipping label, with status In transit:
"Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet. " Today it is still in this status with no new update. I contacted newegg and they just gave me a canned reply "its within normal time paramaters we will give you an update on the order when we get it".. Don't know why they can't just tell me flat out that if I was charged I will be guaranteed to get the item. LEt me know that its 1 to 1 on stock and they aren't screwing people over.

Normally i wouldn't be paranoid about this but after getting robbed for a ps5 and 3070, i am kinda on edge.
Then today I seen that the card was sold out the page. And all other 2060s on both amazon and newegg were now 200-300+ msrp or out of stock.

My thought is that they sold me a card and are going to hold onto it and collect intrest with my cash then tell me "we made a mistake the item is out of stock".

I had this happen already when I ordered a Turbographx16 mini from Japan, but they at least had a date for restock on the store page. But that was a special situation with the manufacturer pushing the product release out, i got it a few weeks later. This card is already out and I figure they aren't making these anymore now that 3000s are being pushed ? yet there is no midrange 3000 card.
This evga card has "we don't know if they will ever be back in stock" message on its store page now.

Judging by prices it looks like people aren't getting the 3000 series cards and now are trying to get the 2000 series ones and are jacking the prices up to $600-800 for a plain 2060 of all things. WTF.
I paid $350 on Sunday.

I was thinking well maybe I can buy a card on ebay "new" or "open boxed" but not sure I know how safe that is to do. I don't buy used pc parts. Usually things are avaialble. I am now stuck with a 1650 super and want to be playing some cyberpunk in 1080p , AC valhalla etc.. I am concerned if i wait then the prices will just keep going up and up and the stock gone.
I don't understand how amazon and newegg had a bunch of brands for sale and now everything over a 1600 series is sold out.

You would think that these companies databases would be 1 to 1 on stock. That when they will only charge you if they have it.

Should i pull the plug and buy a card over ebay, and then cancel or return the newegg order if it comes in, or just wait it out.
I even thought well maybe i can wait for 3060s but I don't want to be disappointed with scalpers, again, and don't want to deal with super high prices.

Is 350 for a 2060 "open box" or 400 new too good to be true? Sellers are selling multiple copies of the same cards.

Thoughts?

I've bought many items from Amazon, a few from Newegg, I've not had that happen. You should complain, ask to speak to a manager, inform them that your mom is named Karen and would like to sit in on the call. Tell them you will also be giving a 1 star review if this is not resolved satisfactorily, and you may need a partial refund even if the item is shipped for that to happen.

If you want to get your way when you get bad service, you need to come with threats that include a 1 star review, and if they don't respond timely give them one and include a note that you might be willing to change it if you get some better customer service. Someone higher up the food chain will have a meltdown and be with you shortly.

Top Bottom