• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Elden Ring turned Playstation fans against From Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrik

As a new From Software fan this has been on my mind for awhile now.
All I’ve seen this year from outspoken Playstation fans are complaints about Elden Ring and it’s popularity. It started after the release of Horizon Forbidden West, actually even before that with comparisons to Demon’s Souls PS5 graphics, and has culminated after God of War Ragnarök and is now quite absurd. It’s exactly like platform war, only there is no platform war, game is everywhere. I’ve never seen anything like it before. If it has happened before then please refresh my memory.

What is it about? Is it something about Elden Ring that somehow specifically trigger Playstation fans? Too open game world? Not enough story? Time wasted on ER when they could’ve made Bloodborne 2? Or is it because it’s not exclusive?

Help me understand. I love Elden Ring and right now it feels like I get caught in the middle of a war I don’t understand just by saying it’s my current favorite game of the year.

Skifi28

Why not ask those people you speak of directly instead of making a thread asking us? I have no idea of any wars or why playstation fans specifically would have something against the game. All I see is praise.

If this has been on your mind for a while, I would suggest getting your priorities straight. Gaming is about having fun, not whatever this shit is.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
feels like I get caught in the middle of a war
Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

sainraja

I haven't really got that impression at all and I am pretty active on this forum. It would help to know which people you are speaking of and asking them this directly.

If anything, the game gets universal praise which I personally do not get. It's basically doing what Nintendo already did with BOTW (minus being Souls).

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sekiro wasnt exclusive and that didnt get people riled up.

Follow more people on twitter/youtube and/or stay away from GAF/Reddit.
What you are claiming isnt a thing.

Elden Ring sold gangbusters and has over 400,000 user reviews that are overwhelmingly positive.
Even the console war home of Metacritic has it very very positive user reviews on every platform.

Filben

All I see is praise and acclaim. I never really thought much of From's games except for Sekiro, but I REALY like Elden Ring. So does almost everyone who played it.

Don't listen to the shit two people say on Twitter.

Rivet

I don't see many people hating on Elden Ring. Both Elden Ring and Ragnarok are perfectly acceptable choices as game of the year. It depends on the kind of games you prefer really. Both are masterpieces.

Now if you have a PS5 and played Demon's Souls remake, technically Elden Ring is a huge step back, like one gen behind, so it's only logical it's judged a bit more harshly by people who played both games. An Elden Ring with DS remake technicals would be incredible.

I personnally think Elden Ring is slightly overrated. It's mostly an open world From game with tons of monsters waiting in place to kill you like in a theme park. It's great, but we mostly already played that From game a lot of times now, it's not the revolution some reviewers would make us think it is. Then again, neither is Ragnarok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom