• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have You Ever ReBought a Game You Already Owned Digitally on a Different Store

ssringo

I owned a couple games through the various stores way back in the early days of online PC gaming. Direct2Drive and the like. I bought them again when Steam became a thing and brought everything under one roof. I'll also repurchase games I bought digitally on console when they get a Steam release though not necessarily at full price.

Red dead redemption. But I never replayed it.
What systems did you buy this digitally twice? Its only on Ps3 and xbox systems digitally? I wish it got a pc port, ps4/5 or switch port but rockstar doesn't want easy money it seems. Sad. If my ps3 was in working order, Id play it there.

Yes, quite a few times. Also, I think I bought metal gear solid 3 like 4 times.
If only these were on modern systems, Id' tripple dip(have games on ps2/ps3/ and vita.. They aren't even on pc (well mgs1 and 2 were on gog, but not mgs3. Mgs4 is locked to ps3, and the mgs HD collection won't get out of the 360/ps3-vita era. Its stuck there. Don't understand why these devs don't want free money. Konami is especially notorious for being straight c#nts about re-releasing games. At least suikoden 1/2 is coming (what about the rest)

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
What systems did you buy this digitally twice? Its only on Ps3 and xbox systems digitally? I wish it got a pc port, ps4/5 or switch port but rockstar doesn't want easy money it seems. Sad. If my ps3 was in working order, Id play it there.
I had the physical then bought it digital on xbox1 when they made it back compatible.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I did, but because of bundles. Some bundles are too good even if I already have on of the games somewhere else.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I recently bought White Knight Chronicles 2 in order to play the first WKC, even though it's available for streaming on PS+.

Same with Alone in the Dark: Inferno, just ordered a physical copy but I've been playing it via streaming.

I mean shit, when you're talking about classics, you can never have too many ways to play it.

Thank God I already own a physical copy of Quantum Theory. 🙌

Krathoon

A lot of times, I will wait for a game to get cheap on gog and then get it without DRM.
I got Outer Worlds on gog to get it off Microsoft DRM.

I also played Psychonauts 2 on Gamepass and then got it on gog. There is this app that can port your save game.

Last edited:

Pejo

I basically repurchase any digital only PSN game that I enjoyed on Steam if/when it becomes available.

Still waiting for this one....

14btkc4.png

Marchizmo

These motherfuckers got me buying free games I get on the epic store again on steam for easy steam deck use.

mdkirby

Ascent. Got it on gamespass, completed it, then wanted to play with some mates so bought it on ps5.

Also sinking city, got it on ps4, never finished it, then they did a ps5 upgrade, but no upgrade path due to a falling out with their publisher.

Think that’s literally it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I have, primarily when a game comes out on GOG after being Steam-only. I want my stuff DRM-free and I'll buy it again to get it.

PsyEd

Pretty much all my stuff on my playstation console exclusives....IF it's in steam/epic...I have it again. Back in the days on MW2 (OG) is the one I bought both on x360 and ps3 as I had friend in both....and I gotta get my Nuke on both!

I double-dipped on Control when it went from Epic to Steam. I bought Mass Effect legendary despite owning them all on Origin, and 360.

Red Dead, Dark Souls 1 and 3, Alan Wake, Okami, Bayonetta, Vanquish, a bunch of XBLA titles... many others. I've repurchased a ton of games on Steam because it's my preferred platform and I see it as more archival than a console. The games can often be had for peanuts as well.

drotahorror

When ps4 came out I didn’t have a capable pc and I went all digital. When I finally updated my pc I rebought tons of shit.

I did buy GoWR on ps5 digitally since my physical got delayed. Kind of regret it. Never even beat the game and my plan was to sell the physical copy asap and then rebuy on PC when it comes.

CamHostage

Okami, I think I have 2 or 3 versions, every time thinking, "OK, this will be the time that I play through the game..."

Mihos

Gold Member
No, only digital of games I own physical. I think I have every final fantasy at least 4 times. No regerts

NanaMiku

I bought Ace Combat 7 three times on the launch day. PS4 version 2 times and PC 1 time. The PS4 version are Japanese collector edition and Asian collector edition. The PC version is Steam

Three

I had a copy of the Witcher 3 (i think on GoG) that was given with my graphics card. Tried to install it and got some kind of error. Bought it on the PS4 instead. Not sure if that counts though.

More than I care to admit. If I really like a game, I mean reeeally like it I'm likely to buy every version that comes out. In some cases I've bought both the physical and digital versions of a game.

For instance, I bought Tales of Vesperia four times lol. First was the 360 disc, then it got cracked so I bought a second copy. Then I bought the physical Definitive Edition on Switch, then digitally on Xbox. I'll grab it on PS4 too.

Last edited:
I own the OG FF7 on iOS, Steam and PSN if that counts. Skyrim on Steam and PSN. Am I doing this right? Somehow I feel like I’m misinterpreting things.

Top Bottom