• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Having an issue with my EA account. Could really use some help

BreakOut

So I went to play battlefield on my PlayStation and it’s telling me I need to reset my EA password. At least an email address that I can’t use anymore. So I go through the motion and I contact you. They will not unlink the account from my PlayStation. So any of my EA games now don’t work because I can’t reset a password.
The email they want was hacked years ago, like enough that a police report was filed and my identity was fucked with. It’s not an option.
I was asked a bunch of questions but I guess I didn’t answer them right. However I couldn’t understand what she was asking me and it seems like she’s not allowed to explain to me what she’s actually asking.
I’m going to put a picture up of the questions.
bHHM8Xv.jpg
iReK5EY.png

I asked her what she meant by IP address. When she sent me to what’s my IP or whatever, I’m doing chat on the phone so I’m not understanding what she wants me to do. And she’s like not willing to tell me. She’s totally just not fucking going to tell me anything about what she means.

I didn’t even get the opportunity to answer all of the questions before she told me I was incorrect and didn’t pass or whatever.
What the hell is she talking about with the IP? What is she looking for I don’t understand? She asks what purchases I made on the account, I have never made a purchase on the account. I created it on PlayStation, whenever it auto did it apparently and I’ve only used it on PlayStation.

I tried to look back at the battlefield one trophies I have and listed that as one of the games and the possible date in which it was purchased. But it was purchased through PlayStation because I don’t own shit from them.
The new Star Wars game is coming from and I really want to play it but I don’t know if it’s going to say I can’t because I don’t have an EA account. Looking online it seems like this is a very common issue and people just kind of get screwed completely over.

If anyone can is willing to
Cvacx0w.png
look at the questions and help me understand exactly what she means with this IP and network thing I’d appreciate it. And when she asks what purchases I’ve made am I supposed to be telling her purchases I made on PlayStation that are EA games? it seems like she wants me to answer questions about an EA account that my PlayStation rapidly created for me so I could play a game.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
She just wants your WAN IP is what I guess, no idea why though, as it probably isn't a fixed IP anyways. But why is it so hard to provide, if that make her happy and able to proceed to the next step?

Last edited:
So I went to play battlefield on my PlayStation and it’s telling me I need to reset my EA password. At least an email address that I can’t use anymore. So I go through the motion and I contact you. They will not unlink the account from my PlayStation. So any of my EA games now don’t work because I can’t reset a password.
The email they want was hacked years ago, like enough that a police report was filed and my identity was fucked with. It’s not an option.
I was asked a bunch of questions but I guess I didn’t answer them right. However I couldn’t understand what she was asking me and it seems like she’s not allowed to explain to me what she’s actually asking.
I’m going to put a picture up of the questions.
bHHM8Xv.jpg
iReK5EY.png

I asked her what she meant by IP address. When she sent me to what’s my IP or whatever, I’m doing chat on the phone so I’m not understanding what she wants me to do. And she’s like not willing to tell me. She’s totally just not fucking going to tell me anything about what she means.

I didn’t even get the opportunity to answer all of the questions before she told me I was incorrect and didn’t pass or whatever.
What the hell is she talking about with the IP? What is she looking for I don’t understand? She asks what purchases I made on the account, I have never made a purchase on the account. I created it on PlayStation, whenever it auto did it apparently and I’ve only used it on PlayStation.

I tried to look back at the battlefield one trophies I have and listed that as one of the games and the possible date in which it was purchased. But it was purchased through PlayStation because I don’t own shit from them.
The new Star Wars game is coming from and I really want to play it but I don’t know if it’s going to say I can’t because I don’t have an EA account. Looking online it seems like this is a very common issue and people just kind of get screwed completely over.

If anyone can is willing to
Cvacx0w.png
look at the questions and help me understand exactly what she means with this IP and network thing I’d appreciate it. And when she asks what purchases I’ve made am I supposed to be telling her purchases I made on PlayStation that are EA games? it seems like she wants me to answer questions about an EA account that my PlayStation rapidly created for me so I could play a game.
If you noticed these problems in the last several hours, you might want to give it some time. It seems Apex Legends is having some server issues, so it might be an issue with EA. I'd just check back later and see if the issue is fixed.

Last edited:

NickFire

Had to jump through hoops like this with Fortnite. I believe I kept getting rejected because I used the IP address that PS4 showed. Needed to get it from a browser I believe.

she gave you the website to visit to get your IP.

https://www.whatsmyip.org/

Go to that and it'll tell you what your IP is. If you have a dynamic IP then it's useless as it will change. If it's static then it shouldn't change at least not for a long time.

Every device connected to your internet will have this IP as it is the public address used for accessing the internet through WAN. It's different from a local one which each of your devices are assigned on your LAN.

BreakOut

Probably needs the IP address of your PlayStation.
I asked her if that’s what she meant, she told me she couldn’t answer that. It was so weird. I had no idea what to give her. Next time I’ll try the ps5 address for sure. The account is linked to my psn, so it’s gotta be what she means right?

BreakOut

If you noticed these problems in the last several hours, you might want to give it some time. It seems Apex Legends is having some server issues, so it might be an issue with EA. I'd just check back later and see if the issue is fixed.
Battlefield won’t work either. When I booted it they said “you haven’t signed in in a while, change your password” or something. Forced a reset and emailed the link to an email I can’t access. Do you think the purchases she’s asking about are ones from ps5? Should I say I bought nothing since it wasn’t on EA website?

BreakOut

Help you with EA account support?

Ok sure - I'll pray for you.
Lady was rude as hell too.
When is asked what she meant she always answer with something non sensible, act like I should understand and use “!!”
Saved the whole transcript, as soon as I had saved her tone changed so drastically. Clearly they can see when you save it.
Went from:
Should I use purchases from the PS? Will trophy dates work or should I look at physical discs I inserted?”
“Yes!!”

To
“I really want to help you, I’m a gamer as well and I want you back in the game just as much as you do.”

Top Bottom