• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hayden Christensen Returning to Star Wars (Again) With ‘Ahsoka’ Series

ManaByte

Hayden Christensen is staying in the fold of the Galactic Empire.

The actor will reprise his role of Anakin Skywalker, aka Darth Vader, in Ahsoka, the latest Star Wars live-action series from Lucasfilm and Disney+, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

He’s also obviously in Obi-Wan.

Vader is dead at the time Ahsoka is set so this could be live action Clone Wars flashbacks.

Javthusiast

Banned
Good.
Star Wars Fun GIF by MOODMAN

jason10mm

Gold Member
Why? He's not exactly an old man.
Well, unless he plays a force ghost to current age ahsoka then he will ha e to be deaged to where he was pre revenge of the sith at least, as will Rosario.

Hayden is 40, so he is almost the age Vader was when he died (45, right?).

Kimahri

Banned
Well, unless he plays a force ghost to current age ahsoka then he will ha e to be deaged to where he was pre revenge of the sith at least, as will Rosario.

Hayden is 40, so he is almost the age Vader was when he died (45, right?).
Yeah, but 40 is still pretty young. In some cases you can make 40 years olds look like early 20s or whatever with just makeup and clever lighring, and in others, well, remove some lines digitally and you're there. It's a far cry from doing a young michael douglas.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Just tell me they got Sam J to be mace windo again. Fuck, I'd sub to D+ to see a scene with Ewan, Hayden, Sam J, and some girl as ahsoka.

Amiga

Would be cool if he is there as ghost. and more realized like how Luke projected himself. they retconned a lot of things so why not ghosting rules.

Ionian

Pretty decent cosplay. A bit cringe and the lightsaber effects need work, but not too bad.

Ah sure Star Wars is kinda like that anyway. She does look a bit off but as a character I disliked in Clone Wars I think she comes across pretty great in The Mandolorian.

I actually meant to post this one with the added music, woman she fights is Bruce Lee's daughter IIRC;

Tschumi

This guy comes back to star wars like i return to the toilet, to gift some more of my product to them grey PVC pipes beneath the street

Ah sure Star Wars is kinda like that anyway. She does look a bit off but as a character I disliked in Clone Wars I think she comes across pretty great in The Mandolorian.

I actually meant to post this one with the added music, woman she fights is Bruce Lee's daughter IIRC;

Much better. But they should hire the fight choreographer for ep 1-3.

ManaByte

Bruce Lee only has one daughter. He’s her godfather though.

dont get the hate for him. i liked him in star wars. the casting of the prequels was actually spot on. i'm happy that he's getting back into star wars. fuck the toxic fans.

ManaByte

dont get the hate for him. i liked him in star wars. the casting of the prequels was actually spot on. i'm happy that he's getting back into star wars. fuck the toxic fans.

The toxic fans drove Ahmed Best to almost jump off a bridge and put Jake Lloyd in the nuthouse.

I chose to ignore that movie ever existed.
I honestly liked it but I don't think they spent enough time focusing on him jumping places and doing cool stuff.

At the start when he learns what he can do and goes straight to the bank vault. That's dope. Movie just kinda nosedived as it went on.

Star-Lord

I honestly liked it but I don't think they spent enough time focusing on him jumping places and doing cool stuff.

At the start when he learns what he can do and goes straight to the bank vault. That's dope. Movie just kinda nosedived as it went on.
I feel the movie would’ve worked better as a series on Netflix or Prime Video. You get more time to flesh out the characters properly, and explore the powers in-depth.

His performances weren't the best but I ain't ever gonna shit on the guy and I'm legitimately happy to see him reprise the role.
I'd agree he's quite middle of the road for me as an actor, but I enjoy him a lot.

Like with Anakin I don't think some of the performances were down to him, and it was more script related. He had to deliver some really awkward lines.

When he's in the more serious moments like Revenge of the Sith, I think he's pretty damn good.

Top Bottom