• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Max to receive all DC Universe Original content.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Its official now, HBO Max is getting all the DC movies & shows going forward.

The original content that is on DCU is migrating to HBO Max. Truthfully, that’s the best platform for that content. The amount of content you get, not just DC , but generally from WarnerMedia, is huge and it’s the best value proposition, if I’m allowed to use that marketing term. We feel that is the place for that.

For ongoing series, that includes Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Titans, and Young Justice. The DC subscription service will stick around, but it looks like it'll be more for the comic books & not so much the shows.

This isn't a gamechanger for HBO Max, Disney Plus will still make its bajillion dollars, but its a nice get. DC cartoons are fuckin great and Doom Patrol has its fans. Both Harley Quinn and Doom Patrol are already on the service (y)

Castef

Banned
And now they announced that the original DC Universe is ceasing its streaming services and become a digital comics distibution platform only.

3F0C0A607EB15C1B5776E8D97A123E8C7353D223

I'm still mad at DCU for not giving Swamp Thing a chance. HBO Max bring back Swamp Thing!

TheMan

isn't their stuff mostly shit aside from doom patrol? Is HBO Max being punished for something they did wrong?

Sub_Level

isn't their stuff mostly shit aside from doom patrol? Is HBO Max being punished for something they did wrong?

- Harley Quinn was fun, and I don't even like Harley Quinn.
- Titans is pretty shit.
- Young Justice varies in quality across seasons, but overall makes for a good spiritual successor to the Justice League cartoon. When its good, its reaaallllyyyy good. When its bad, its pretty cringe.

Anyone know what the fuck is happening with Doom Patrol? That last episode was a non-finale and it sounds like it still hasnt been picked up for a 3rd season?

tkscz

Only Titans season one as it was focused on being as EDGY as humanly possible, and so much of the writing is dumb, just really really dumb.

Harley Quinn was pretty good, well written and funny,
Doom Patrol is godly and should've always been on HBO. This show should be watch by way more people than who got to see it.
Young Justice had a good season 1, great season 2 and slow but great season 3.
Swamp Thing I heard starts out really really good but then starts loosing quality as it goes (believe this started as a movie)
StarGirl I have no idea. Didn't bother when I found out it was going to the CW, knew it's quality was hitting the ground at that point.

Sub_Level

Only Titans season one as it was focused on being as EDGY as humanly possible, and so much of the writing is dumb, just really really dumb.

Harley Quinn was pretty good, well written and funny,
Doom Patrol is godly and should've always been on HBO. This show should be watch by way more people than who got to see it.
Young Justice had a good season 1, great season 2 and slow but great season 3.
Swamp Thing I heard starts out really really good but then starts loosing quality as it goes (believe this started as a movie)
StarGirl I have no idea. Didn't bother when I found out it was going to the CW, knew it's quality was hitting the ground at that point.

Such a based DC poster

Such a horrific avatar

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Does that mean Titans won't be in netflix anymore? We don't get HBO in the UK.
There's probably a good chance Netflix will retain international distribution rights. Not much sense in Warner trying to barter that back if HBO Max isn't even available internationally.

Top Bottom