• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDR support coming to Switch: Subscription will be required

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMW put heated seats behind a subscription. Anything is possible.
They put heated seats in models that normally wouldn't have otherwise had it, and then said, if you want this normally premium feature, pay the sub, if not, then you wouldn't have had it anyway. Two different things, I would say. And it gives people the option who wouldn't normally pay for a BMW with heated seats to have access to it.

But HDR in a Nintendo console, behind a subscription paywall, that only provides HDR? LMAO! Dumbest shit ever, no way anyone reading that actually though it could be true.

Last edited:

Three

They put heated seats in models that normally wouldn't have otherwise had it, and then said, if you want this normally premium feature, pay the sub, if not, then you wouldn't have had it anyway. Two different things, I would say. And it gives people the option who wouldn't normally pay for a BMW with heated seats to have access to it.

But HDR in a Nintendo console, behind a subscription that only provides HDR? Dumbest shit ever, no way anyone reading this actually though it could be true.

Nintendo put HDR OLED screens in switches that normally wouldn't have had it and it gives the option to those who wouldn't normally pay for a HDR OLED screen to have access to it.

You're rationalising for BMW.

Last edited:
Awful attempt at an April Fool's, but maybe that's just the way things are now. Pretty low effort, honestly. I remember an issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly that had a page that talked about secret unlockable Sonic and Tails in Smash Bros Melee, and they had the altered screenshots that looked authentic and everything, and even had the secret codes written up and things in the game you needed to do to unlock it. Amazing! As a 13 yr old at the time, I didn't grasp it was April Fool's until a few months later. Now that's a good April Fool's prank!

Those were the days!

Last edited:
Nintendo put HDR OLED screens in switches that normally wouldn't have had it and it gives the option to those who wouldn't normally pay for a HDR OLED screen to have access to it.

You're rationalising for BMW.
Nintendo Switch OLED doesn't support HDR. Nice try! Technically possible on that screen, but no software exists in the platform or backend to make it happen, let alone it being in the games themselves.

I was explaining the BMW thing because what you repeated was just the common misconception about it you hear repeated all the time. I was giving you context so that you had more information about it.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
1D9uAlvnxAjFTLEs9IU7bRPveSy9fkH8Db846E2-Qbo.jpg

BlackTron

I just read the details and laughed, especially at the time limit. It's way too egregious to ever be real even on Nintendo's worst day. He could have trolled more people if the terms weren't SO silly lol

I mean if even if it wasn't April Fools, come on guys. You haven't had your coffee yet. Unless you watched the video before reading the post.

Edit: HDR content in portable mode is limited to 47 minutes per day

This is clearly set up for you to determine on your own that it is fake, you guys are too much. Get a grip

Edit again: I was wrong, I guess it's more effective to troll people with something full of details intended to tell you it's a joke that actually works on current drive-by Internet culture. It's a bigger troll than an effective thought-out hoax!!

Last edited:

Drew1440

BMW put heated seats behind a subscription. Anything is possible.
It's not that uncommon, I have to pay £10 extra to get cable channels in 4k, despite the set top box already being 4k capable. If people pay for it they will charge for it.

nemiroff

Gold Member
April fools in March.. So radical.. So clickbaity.. So I guess this will be a new trend now...? If it was tomorrow it would be a small chuckle, but this is so fucking stupid.

Now that was a good April's fool prank.

The thing about April fool's day is that it's supposed to be in April, no? :)

Someone should tell that youtuber guy that youtube has a function where he can automatically premiere videos on a specific date ahead.

But anyway, at least this is a good heads up that I should avoid gaf and all media outlets tomorrow.

Last edited:

Three

It's not that uncommon, I have to pay £10 extra to get cable channels in 4k, despite the set top box already being 4k capable. If people pay for it they will charge for it.
4K channels at least have to be broadcast in 4K which has some bandwidth costs on the cable network provider.

scydrex

Ok but is the heated seat included in the price of the car? If they don't charge for it then fine but how do we know that? Because they said so?

Last edited:

Puscifer

Gold Member
Boomer tech guy couldn't wait until April 1st :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Lol I thought so, I saw this shit and rolled my eyes. Not because it was corny, but because I was like "I'm not even shocked anymore" then I read the thread and yes, maximum trolling.

Last edited:
I'm gonna do something like this in November then laugh at you all for falling for an April Fools joke. There's clearly no rules anymore.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Face Palm No GIF

On another note this wouldn't surprise me at all, if Nintendo could get away with it they would, after all they've been selling the same games to the same people for years

K' Dash

HDR is the biggest scam TV manufacturers pulled on people and now they want to charge a sub, lol.

The thing doesn't even have a standard for Gods sake...

diffusionx

Gold Member
They put heated seats in models that normally wouldn't have otherwise had it, and then said, if you want this normally premium feature, pay the sub, if not, then you wouldn't have had it anyway. Two different things, I would say. And it gives people the option who wouldn't normally pay for a BMW with heated seats to have access to it

Holy shit imagine shilling for BMW and their heated seats scam. It really does take all types. The point is THEY PUT THE SEATS IN THE CAR. If the seat is in the car, it’s not a premium feature anymore. Come on man.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
HDR is fine it feels like an additional feature, hd for the first time was mesmerizing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

But HDR in a Nintendo console, behind a subscription paywall, that only provides HDR? LMAO! Dumbest shit ever, no way anyone reading that actually though it could be true.
Retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom