• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head of Gust (Atelier series) Junzo Hosoi, is a fan of Master Chief, and would like to release games on Xbox consoles.

https://www.rpgsite.net/interview/1...terview-junzo-hosoi-on-ryzas-latest-adventure
Q. Earlier this year Gust explained that if there was enough fan demand we might see Atelier release on Xbox in the future. While I’m not sure if you’re able to share what platforms the game will be coming to at this time, is there any chance that Xbox owners might be able to experience Ryza’s journey for themselves in the future?

Junzo Hosoi:
It's not impossible. But, at this time there are no plans. However, I personally love Master Chief, so if there is a chance, we'd like to release it on Xbox.

It's surprising that they haven't yet given how many Japanese devs big and small Phil got to release on Xbox over the years, and just recently at the Tokyo Game Show. Gust and NIS are like the only studios that Xbox hasn't gotten releases from.

Atelier would be a big get, it's a major RPG in Japan and for Jrpg fans, up there with big names like YS, Final Fantasy, TWEWY, Fire Emblem and the like. I personally don't care much for the series and think they all blend together but for people who are JRPG fans or fans of Gust games this is reassuring that they are looking into possibly releasing games on Xbox in the future. Would be a huge get.

Last edited:
Forget releasing on xbox how about simply releasing ANYTHING outside of Japan.
Any word on how much Apple paid them to release something on iOS?
It must have been billions, because they normally they are terrified of any country or device beyond the ocean.
Koei melts when they touch water.

Except those Dead or Alive girls. They could handle the water.

Chukhopops

I love the Atelier series but they are ideal for the Switch, wouldn’t buy Ryza 3 on Xbox even for 4K 60 FPS Dolby Vision thighs.

Huge get in what way? Atelier is a very niche series in terms of the numbers it pulls. Also, I think considering sales of FF games on Xbox platforms not being particularly great (we can speculate similar for Octopath Traveler; even though it was in GamePass it was also available for sale at a discount due to being in GamePass so if the idea GP leads to increased sales (in volume) for all games were true we would've seen that happen with Octopath and likely the sequel coming to Xbox (but not GP) Day 1), it might be fair to say the audience for this type of game in large numbers on Xbox simply isn't there.

I can't imagine new entries on Xbox would suddenly see impressive sales, both Junzo and Phil know this. So it's going to come down to if they can negotiate inclusion into GamePass which I figure would exclude any of the newest releases Day 1. The series is niche but not to the point where it doesn't get decent numbers (at least enough to be profitable against the production budgets).

Chukhopops

Why not? They don't have any gameplay online component.

Is it because you have the other entries on on PS/NSW?
Those are very relaxed RPGs / crafting games so they are perfect to play in short sessions. I discovered the series on the Vita and since then played it on Switch.

It’s personal preference of course.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Deerock71

Phil must've wallpapered his house with 100 dolla bills, put diamond studded snow tires on his Lamborghini (both were gifts), and personally provided a cristal bidet so he gets a little bonus tipsy after a good shit.

Chukhopops

Huge get in what way? Atelier is a very niche series in terms of the numbers it pulls. Also, I think considering sales of FF games on Xbox platforms not being particularly great (we can speculate similar for Octopath Traveler; even though it was in GamePass it was also available for sale at a discount due to being in GamePass so if the idea GP leads to increased sales (in volume) for all games were true we would've seen that happen with Octopath and likely the sequel coming to Xbox (but not GP) Day 1), it might be fair to say the audience for this type of game in large numbers on Xbox simply isn't there.

I can't imagine new entries on Xbox would suddenly see impressive sales, both Junzo and Phil know this. So it's going to come down to if they can negotiate inclusion into GamePass which I figure would exclude any of the newest releases Day 1. The series is niche but not to the point where it doesn't get decent numbers (at least enough to be profitable against the production budgets).
I think not many people will buy the PS version since Sony decided to cover every character’s ass with a dust cloud.

Gust should just go full multiplat and include PC imo.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I was today years old when i found out Atelier games dont come out on Xbox.

And ive played most of them since Rorona.

Since nobody made a Ryza 3 thread yet...
7rG2KjI.jpg
This pleases me.....this pleases me greatly.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They are releasing Atelier Ryza 3 on Switch, PS4/5 and PC. Why not just also release it Xbox as well? It might not sell as well on Xbox but it could sell decently on gamepass.

Corndog

Banned

Ya. It’s so difficult to port games that use similar hardware. It might even take more than a few people.

Top Bottom