• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heartagram Will Never Die - Neon Noir, the debut solo album from Ville Valo of HIM, is out now

For anyone that forgot or didn't know, HIM disbanded back in 2017. Ville put out some songs in 2020 on Youtube (under the name VV), but now he's put out his first full solo album.

As a longtime HIM fan, yeah, I can say this is the good shit.

Some songs from the album:

Ah yes, HIM - I still remember watching them for the 1st time performing live on the German VIVA music channel back in the day, dudes were great and Greatest love songs vol.666 is a legit good goth metal album, razorblade romance also had a couple of nice tunes, after that though they literally became a pop-rock boy band.
Unfortunately, the whole HIM shtick wore thin since it was solely based on the frontman's good looks, I mean, just take a look at every HIM video comment section on YouTube not to mention the hundreds of female young virgins screaming "VillllllleeeeeeeEEEE" at every live show/gig, I mean, shit, after a while i just couldn't take the band seriously when it came to their musical prowess, it was literally the Ville Valo show.
Don't get me wrong, the man's a handsome motherfucker and also has a good voice so it's kinda expected but, again, after a while the whole "love metal" and - generally speaking - target group became obnoxious/insufferable.

Saw a couple of new interviews regarding neo noir and...it's more of the same shit, the guy is like he's wearing a "costume", eyeliner, "stylish" hat, V-neck t-shirt+blazer combo etc etc and just like their/his music, the whole thing is just so image-based that it grinds my friggin' gears.

Salute the sanguine and Echo-locate your love are nice-ish tunes but, yeah...

Anyway, wish the dude the best 'cause apparently he got mentally fucked up during the 2 year COVID shit-show (like many of us) and with that I can sympathize.

PS: Don't fear the reaper (cover), your sweet 666 and when love and death embrace will always have a place in my rock/metal playlists.

Last edited:

SiahWester

I use to listen to them in 6th grade. They were my favorite band until I starred branching out. I still come back to their music though just because its so unique. That's great that Ville is doing his own thing and honestly it sounds no different than HIM. I wonder if he can sing about something other than relationships/romance though.

Top Bottom