• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell Freezes Over as XBOX outsells PS5 in Japan

ZehDon

Gold Member
I mean... count your victories when they happen, I suppose? I don't really consider it a win to outsell a console that basically has no stock to sell.

With that said, comparing the Series X|S to the Xbone, it's clear Microsoft have made up ground.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

hideo-kojima-blink.gif

Rykan

Really? This nonsense again?

We've been over this already. Playstation 5 stock arrives in large batches every few weeks or so where as Xbox stock arrives consistently every week in smaller numbers. This is why Xbox outsells PS5 every now and then: It's because the large batch came the week before.

For reference, these are the average hardware sales per week for 2022 according to Famitsu:
Switch - 85k
PS5 - 18.8k
XBS/X - 4.5k

Any "OH WOW! XBOX OUTSOLD PS5!" is just overreactionary clickbait bs.

Last edited:
the PS5 has sold

Yeah but how many of those numbers are people that buy and hoard multiple units and attempt to resell them at higher prices? I bet a lot, thus the numbers are not indicative of actual gamers which have bought them, it's scalper numbers.
7se921d.gif

You think people are still sitting on, what, a quarter million or more systems than are constantly loosing resale value?

TheTony316

Yeah but how many of those numbers are people that buy and hoard multiple units and attempt to resell them at higher prices? I bet a lot, thus the numbers are not indicative of actual gamers which have bought them, it's scalper numbers.

Sure but the same can be said about Xbox.

Woopah

....on a specific week.
I mean cool for Xbox but it's kinda sad seeing Sony and MS battling it out when Switch is selling like 5X as much as Ps5/Xbox combined.

Traditional console gaming is basically done in Japan. They want handheld console and mobile gacha games.
The Lite is by far the least popular Switch version in Japan, at most you could say that Japan wants hybrid gaming. But really its about the games. To do well in Japan you need to have the right software, and they are still playing a lot of traditional games.
You know a PS Vita 2 would go a very far way in Japan
Only if it got the right software, PS4 was much more successful in Japan than the Vita.

I don't get the big fuss over looking how pathetic and lame the Japanese market actually is and not helped by stock, it's not actually that new The 360 was able to outsell the PS3 in Japan in the week Namco brought out Ace Combat 6 for the 360

Brofist

Sure it’s probably because the PS5 is in low supply, but 3k+ for each the Series S and X is good all things considered.

I sincerely hope all the Sonycucks out there have a network of friends & family who can support them through these hard times as it is proven comprehensively that the Japanese prefer Master Chief to the iconic Sony characters 'Lesbian Couple' from the hit The Last of Us franchise.

Top Bottom