• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell Let Loose |OT| WWII Brought to Life - PC, (PS5, XSX, Coming Late 2021)

Starfield

Holy shit you're a fucking casual and it's like you're completely oblivious to what type of game this is and what the developer aims to achieve.
some people have different expectations even though when they read the title description it clearly says it isnt a regular shooter such as cod

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
Real life battles don't have respawning.

Are you able to communicate without swearing?

No, I fucking can't. You don't fucking like it? That's too fucking bad.

It's a TACTICAL shooter. Obviously, you never played one.

It's console gamers like you who casualized and ruined the FPS genre. You're the reason why the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games are shit now. You can't play a tactical shooter without those things? That's too bad, go ruin another game with your casual garbage. Here's what you do and it's simple. Don't play the game. Don't talk about it ever again.

Guy can't play a shooter without killcams, hit markers, and something to readily display who he killed. That's fucking hilarious. :messenger_grinning_squinting: When the hell did you start play shooters dude? 8 years ago?

Holy shit, just imagine if you played Rainbow Six 3, Squad or even ArmA 3. I bet DCS wouldn't be enough like Ace Combat for you. lol

Last edited:

Kupfer

BIGGEST COMPLAINTS I HAVE ABOUT THIS GAME
1)
No hit/kill feedback!!! Did the guy duck, or did you kill him? I have to go into scores, than press L3 on the controller, to see if I got a kill.
There actually is kill/hit feedback. If you headshot someone there's a *pling*, if you hit someone, it soundds like you hit a clothbag filled with sand. The fact you don't know if the enemy just layed down to bandage or died on spot is a huge part of the game. One must be aware of the actions one is taking and accordingly be and remain mindful and vigilant.
2) No indication of who killed me, or how. I'm just dead. They need to show you, who killed you, as in show a silhouette like in Battlefield, or some kind of notification like User so and so killed you, with this weapon.
Why do they need to do it? It has no impact on the game. You dead? Respawn and give your new life a better meaning. If you can't tell from your death who/what and from what location you were killed, then you need to be more mindful. This game is not supposed to be easy, it is not meant to compensate for your lack of gamesense with auxiliary mechanics. Git Gud.
Because of those two complaints, I'm not going to spend much time with this game, until they improve it.
I hope they don't "improve" it and keep their fanbase tight. Putting this game on PsPlus has a huge potential to gain more fans for the game, but for players who want to play the game as it is intended, this *free*release is a pain in the ass. People are trying it out, which is fine, but some don't get it, getting frustrated, starting to teamkill and don't contribute anything for the team to have a good time. Also the lack of communication ... no PS5 user has an excuse for not communicating.
Anyway, will be playing the Battlefield 2142 beta tonight, since it should be open to everyone today, and tomorrow!!!
I hope you have more fun with BF and stick with it. And I don't mean that to be mean. a lot of CoD and BF players are just trying out HLL and some of them are blocking the fun of the whole match because they don't get the game mechanics.
I can't wait for the BF and CoD release to lure those players away from HLL and having good matches with people who really want to play HLL and put some effort in a 2 hour match.

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
Thanks.

I won't be buying 2142, as I had enough with the beta. BF4 gives my fast pace fix, but I'm still interested in this game.

It's just hard for me to wrap my head around the gameplay concepts being presented, but I may open up over time.

The game has an excellent environment that really draws you in. Crawling through the grass, creates tension that you don't get in those fast pace shooters.
Honestly, play in a squad where people are talking. The game goes from meh to really good when you’re communicating and working together to overcome the various challenges.

It’s a shooter but the game itself is actually more about strategy and communication over your aim.

Exactly. That is why when you win and overcome the enemy team through teamwork when your team and squad is firing on all cylinders it feels better than having a good K : D ratio, at least for me.

Sadly, that can't be the case all the time with HLL. Many still often play this game as if it is COD/Battlefield, centered around their individualistic needs by chasing kills or not defending points because it is boring for them which then end up being back capped, so you have your good and bad days when it comes to your teammates.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Does that PS5 still have a massive stutter problem?
It has been running great since I downloaded it though having a few disconnection issues from time to time.

Exactly. That is why when you win and overcome the enemy team through teamwork when your team and squad is firing on all cylinders it feels better than having a good K : D ratio, at least for me.

Sadly, that can't be the case all the time with HLL. Many still often play this game as if it is COD/Battlefield, centered around their individualistic needs by chasing kills or not defending points because it is boring for them which then end up being back capped, so you have your good and bad days when it comes to your teammates.

Sadly when I play solo I tend to do my own thing and not listen to team mates.

Absolutely love controlling choke points

DeaDPo0L84

how is this game going under radar ? it's very buggy with server issues but ..

it awesome ! i love ww2 and band of brothers and i really don't know how they managed nail it in a multiplayer game . it's brutal , unforgiving and realistic . actually been scared going around the battlefield
Because most gamers have ADD now and need to die/respawn/or be calling in a airstrike every 3 seconds for it to be "entertaining".

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hell Let Loose is something that most online multiplayer shooters are afraid to be, as any misstep in unbalanced map design or overpowered classes could result in an instantly broken experience for everyone. Despite some clunkiness with finer movements, some stretches of dullness that go on a bit too long, and the inevitable inconsistencies that any online game is destined to deal with, Hell Let Loose often adds up to a good time, and sometimes even a great one.

It doesn’t do much to go above and beyond, and its deficiencies might be enough to stop some from enjoying its strong points, but for the players the game is clearly aimed at, it’s flaws are mostly forgivable.

The game is great as long as you communicate and you're ready to occasionally do stupid shit like lie in a bush and watch a hedge for 15 minutes.

It's console gamers like you who casualized and ruined the FPS genre. You're the reason why the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games are shit now.
southpark-videogames.gif

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Game looks beautiful. I don't know why a bigger deal is not made of this versus CoD or BF. I haven't really been into shooters in awhile, but I would start here if I wanted to return. Even if WW2 has been quite overdone, it hasn't been recently and this looks challenging in a good way.

Mind sharing your settings?
No not at all i put my
Controller sensitivity : 52
Controller sensitivity when ADS: 34
Movement Deadzone: 12
Look Deadzone : 14
Try out those basics just to make it more snappy and responsive Imo. Tweak it to your own. I will warn you..i have encountered a bug that keeps resetting these settings back to default. Its very annoying.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I mean, they aren’t wrong. Nearly all console shooters are the same but with a different skin. Something new comes along that challenges them, forces them to break the ‘one man army’ habit and suddenly the games labelled shit.

Im holding our another week before jumping back in. The casual crowd who refuse to learn the game make it a chore to play.
I downloaded it since it was free for the PS5 on PS+ so I am for sure a noob who still has a ton to learn.

That said the amount of people playing that still want to be Rambo amazes me

So many games we will be losing all the areas one by one and half of my team are off in some area of the map that has no bearing on the final outcome

I would tend to write it off as other noobs but surely people understand the mechanics of a conquest style of game

Its not a lot of fun getting steam rolled while you see 10 people or so just out wondering the country side

Maybe these are the casuals you speak of and will tire soon of this

GHG

Gold Member
Im holding our another week before jumping back in. The casual crowd who refuse to learn the game make it a chore to play.

Honestly it's mind boggling how many people are refusing to adapt to the game on console.

As someone who grew up playing americas army 1.0 in my early teens alongside many other people my age I'm starting to question the intelligence of the kids around these days.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Honestly it's mind boggling how many people are refusing to adapt to the game on console.

As someone who grew up playing americas army 1.0 in my early teens alongside many other people my age I'm starting to question the intelligence of the kids around these days.
I put so many hours into AA on the PS4 loved that game

Questioning kids today I see many times the one sniper rifle taken by people who push the front line and wants to fight face to face.

Reactions: GHG
Going to really have roll my sleeves up and give this a red hot go. Any tips?
Use a headset, do what your squad lead tells you to do, even if it sounds ridiculous.

Don’t play as a squad lead for your first few games, instead play as a rifleman or a class that simply needs to shoot at things. This gives you an opportunity to properly understand how the game works and an accurate idea of the pacing.

Encourage other team mates to engage in communication. The game is so much more fun when you’re all working together in a squad.

Oh, did I already say use a headset? It’s basically the difference between winning and losing.

I really go back and forth on this game. One minute its brilliant, then the next time I boot it up Im on a team that is being spawn camped to hell back at the base.

Shmunter

I really go back and forth on this game. One minute its brilliant, then the next time I boot it up Im on a team that is being spawn camped to hell back at the base.
Spawn camped? How small are the spawn drops? I always envisigaed large scale landings and battles?!?

Spawn camped? How small are the spawn drops? I always envisigaed large scale landings and battles?!?

Squad leads can throw down outposts/garrisons for you to spawn on across the map but they can be destroyed. They are probably talking about the enemy recon squads hanging around the main HQ spawn picking off people, which is a primary goal for them as artillery hangs out there and can devastate the front line if not taken care of.

Shmunter

Is there a tutorial here, or do I have to read the fucking field manual?

The German ww2 songs playing post match, Lola

Last edited:
Is there a tutorial here, or do I have to read the fucking field manual?
No tutorial. There are a couple of really good YouTube videos that are helpful though. Just search for Hell Let Loose basics and you’ll get some helpful tips.

The game is relatively simple, it just doesn’t provide any instructions and the menus and map icons can be a bit obtuse if you’re new.

They are large but that is partially the problem. There is a lot of open space and I logged into a match where you basically spawned into a field from the HQ and the entire enemy team was already there just firing into the spawn. I think this was on the Utah beach map and we spawned as the Germans

Squad leads can throw down outposts/garrisons for you to spawn on across the map but they can be destroyed. They are probably talking about the enemy recon squads hanging around the main HQ spawn picking off people, which is a primary goal for them as artillery hangs out there and can devastate the front line if not taken care of.

Nope, not just snipers. It was a big chunk of the team. There was no where else to spawn (people were dropping squad spawns but they were barely outside of the HQ). The wide open area seemed to make it almost impossible to flank as well since there wasn't much in the way of hiding spots.

Nope, not just snipers. It was a big chunk of the team. There was no where else to spawn (people were dropping squad spawns but they were barely outside of the HQ). The wide open area seemed to make it almost impossible to flank as well since there wasn't much in the way of hiding spots.

Yeah that will happen, I rarely get out of that situation so the best thing to do is just defend the best you can. The enemy team is dealing with the same wide open area as you so just maintain a line and hold them back while recon or a rogue squad will try and dismantle their spawn posts. It can be frustrating but it is part of the game when you're facing a coordinated team.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Going to really have roll my sleeves up and give this a red hot go. Any tips?
Talk to your squad and listen to your commanding officer at least until you get a level 1 trying to tell you to do stupid shit.

Honestly working together with people communicating is where this game really shines.

Stay alive.

Really plan your movements and use cover

Flank is a great strategy as many people run straight into battle and make easy targets

Shmunter

Man this game can reach huge heights if it only gave better console quality of life options. Text size, some basic training mode. Would just blow the roof off.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Man this game can reach huge heights if it only it gave better console quality of life options. Text size, some basic training mode. Would just blow the roof off.
For me the tension and atmosphere this game creates is amazing.

Your actions and especially your movements have consequence that games like COD and BF can not replicate.

As of right now its not a great PC port but for me it runs really good on the PS5 it does need qol updates and a training mode is needly badly.

I have found my love in this game being a tank killer having to sneak into a good shooting position and take out the armor is a thrill

Ive had this installed on my PS5 since it was available on plus but not even launched it. And I want something to play..... I think it's the whole 'you have to use voice to do well' thing that's putting me off. It's not that I'm shy it's that all my shit is in the living room and trying to do anything on mic is just annoying as hell with family wandering in and out the entire time and watching youtube on the other tv etc. Same reason I hardly ever use my PSVR.

How viable is this game lone wolfing it?

Shmunter

For me the tension and atmosphere this game creates is amazing.

Your actions and especially your movements have consequence that games like COD and BF can not replicate.

As of right now its not a great PC port but for me it runs really good on the PS5 it does need qol updates and a training mode is needly badly.

I have found my love in this game being a tank killer having to sneak into a good shooting position and take out the armor is a thrill

Have to really compliment the trigger action on how it pops through like a spring loaded mechanism. But I’m a sucker for that stuff.

Top Bottom