• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell Let Loose |OT| WWII Brought to Life - PC, (PS5, XSX, Coming Late 2021)

Ive had this installed on my PS5 since it was available on plus but not even launched it. And I want something to play..... I think it's the whole 'you have to use voice to do well' thing that's putting me off. It's not that I'm shy it's that all my shit is in the living room and trying to do anything on mic is just annoying as hell with family wandering in and out the entire time and watching youtube on the other tv etc. Same reason I hardly ever use my PSVR.

How viable is this game lone wolfing it?
With regard to your question, not at all. If you truly try to lone wolf it, you’ll find yourself spawning at HQ and running to the fight constantly.

Potentially role as a sniper and have a go at that but otherwise you’ll not have much of a good time. It’s also super frustrating having someone in the squad who is ignoring the squad lead and just doing their own thing.

With regard to your question, not at all. If you truly try to lone wolf it, you’ll find yourself spawning at HQ and running to the fight constantly.

Potentially role as a sniper and have a go at that but otherwise you’ll not have much of a good time. It’s also super frustrating having someone in the squad who is ignoring the squad lead and just doing their own thing.
yeah that's what I figured but if It's like hellforleather says and you can get away with just listening in it might be viable. But like I say even wearing a headset in a busy room can be a tad vexing.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
yeah that's what I figured but if It's like hellforleather says and you can get away with just listening in it might be viable. But like I say even wearing a headset in a busy room can be a tad vexing.
I will be honest I lone wolf it often when I know my squad isnt talking and they are all going their own directions and I still have a blast.

When I lone wolf it though I like to flank and just try to distract the enemy more then anything.

I will try to get deeper into their territory and catch groups reinforcing the front line and pick one or two off then vanish

Or more so lately I try to flank and get their tanks before they reach the front lines

I will be honest I lone wolf it often when I know my squad isnt talking and they are all going their own directions and I still have a blast.

When I lone wolf it though I like to flank and just try to distract the enemy more then anything.

I will try to get deeper into their territory and catch groups reinforcing the front line and pick one or two off then vanish

Or more so lately I try to flank and get their tanks before they reach the front lines
ok you've sold me. I'll give it a go when I'm a tad less drunk!

DeaDPo0L84

Played this with a buddy and a good squad that actually communicated last night, 5 hours quickly went by. The game is punishing and genuinely makes me feel tense and question every move versus every other shooter on the market. Not having markers for where fire is coming from, knowing friendly fire is a thing, and that 1 or 2 bullets can put me down at any given moment makes you think way more than a CoD/BF/etc would and I fucking love it.

I've definitely died easily 5x more than I killed but the overall experience is so much more rewarding when you win a match cause you feel it was a actual struggle especially since matches take easily an hour+.

It won't be for everyone but for someone who got their start playing mp games with SOCOM 1 it makes me happy a game like this can still have a audience in 2021.

Ok I tried it despite being 2 1/2 bottles of red in..... Joined a squad. Nobody talking anyway. Spawned. Ran what seemed 1/2 a mile towards the action. Died without seeing anybody at all. Respawned closer to the action. spotted some fools hiding behind a tank. Killed all 4 of em. Died again to some unkown asshole. Respawned. Game ended with a win. I guess the rest of the team knew what they were doing cos I sure as hell didnt. Will try again. Sober.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just looked at the trophies I got in that brief game. Only 45% of players with the kill your 1st enemy trophy. Good lord.
Tom Cruise What GIF

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I know right? I even double checked it! 45.4%
I see that as well but some of these stats don’t make much sense either looking at them.

Less then 18% of players have won a match from either side?

Only 27% of players earned the trophy for losing a match?

5% kill 10 players without dying that one earned me a Silver

.1 have played 5 matches on Omaha Beach POINT 1%

I see that as well but some of these stats don’t make much sense either looking at them.

Less then 18% of players have won a match from either side?

Only 27% of players earned the trophy for losing a match?

5% kill 10 players without dying that one earned me a Silver

.1 have played 5 matches on Omaha Beach POINT 1%
Makes sense if players spawn in, get killed a few times with no clue what fuck is going on then leave before the game ends and never come back.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Would love to see some stats in this game like total number of kills and maybe furthest kill, how far you have ran, number of team mate revives.

Don't really care about the whole K/D ratio though

TheMan

I had some fun game when I picked this up on PC 6 months ago because it seemed like most peeps understood that the game worked best when squads stuck together. But, on Ps5 it seems like no one is interested in playing as a squad. And sadly I find the same has been true on the PC side for a couple of months as well.

Luipadre

Hell let loose is janky as fuck on PS5 but when you play with a squad that communicates and moves together its fucking awesome. I love playing medic here. I hope they will sort out these performance issues

Shmunter

yeah i turned it off too but the haptics are awesome
But the tight mechanical click through of the trigger feels so good. It connects you to what your brain is seeing in your hand!!

yeah it’s more work to press it vs basic soft, but each shot is an event in itself.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
But the tight mechanical click through of the trigger feels so good. It connects you to what your brain is seeing in your hand!!

yeah it’s more work to press it vs basic soft, but each shot is an event in itself.
It is so well implemented I have just had too many surgeries on my right wrist that force it takes just causes me pain after an hour long sessions.

Played this game a bunch over the weekend. Still trying to come to grips with some of the nuances. Like, when you drop supplies, does your squad leader need to collect them? How does the supplies contribute to the Commanders abilities?

Also, is there any reason to build things like fuel depots and munitions anywhere but back at base?

I haven't played since the update and sure hope it fixes the stuttering as it had gotten really bad as of late.

And for a laugh..

lol

for as realistic as this game is supposed to be, I've seen some pretty funny ragdolls. I was playing a match where someone got blown up by a tank and their body rocketed down the road at least a 1/4 of a mile.

The more I play this game the more I like it. I think I will be investing more time into as well since BF2042 has kinda shaped up to be a bust.

NickFire

I've played this a little, and plan to give it another try. But my oh my is this game tough when you don't know what you are doing. Every time I spawn, I die either before I spot someone to shoot at, or while I'm trying to aim at them. This game's name is perfect for this game.

I've played this a little, and plan to give it another try. But my oh my is this game tough when you don't know what you are doing. Every time I spawn, I die either before I spot someone to shoot at, or while I'm trying to aim at them. This game's name is perfect for this game.

You always gotta go for cover. Dont run out in the open, even if you arent at the "front line" because there are always squads trying to flank and the enemy sniper team out there. Also listen to your squad leads directions. Moving as a unit much better than running around alone.

The best luck i have had in combat is finding half way decent/defendable spots with minimal exposure watching lanes or areas where the enemy might try to flank. Then you wait and look for movement. Be patient with your shots though. If you just start blasting, you give away your position with the muzzle flash.

With all that said though, I still usually have more deaths than kills in most rounds. One of my most successful matches I took the "snake in the grass" strategy where I crawled into a field between my team and the opposition team and just laid there capping guys trying to cross the field. I took out about 10 people before they just started carpet bombing the area with frags.

Top Bottom