• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Games Says New Project Is So Ambitious It Would 'Seem Impossible' Even With a 1,000 Person Team

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Speaking to IGN, studio co-founder and managing director Sean Murray said that, while it's not a sequel to No Man's Sky, the new game is just as ambitious.

He said: "For a while now we've been working on something pretty ambitious in the background. It's a small team but we like it that way.

"Similar to No Man's Sky, it's the kind of project that even if we had a thousand people working on it, it'd still seem impossible."

The game was in "very early" development as of September last year but Murray reassured that, while No Man's Sky is still receiving regular updates and isn't finished by a long shot, the two games aren't impacting each other's development.

jqYRTgT.gif

Gun Animal

I can't believe he's making the same mistake again.
It's better to fail at being ambitious than to succeed at being mediocre.

Even then, the No Man's Sky that exists today is everything he promised and more---the only mistake they made was releasing the game a year or two too early, or maybe the mistake was not negotiating some kind of full exclusivity deal with Sony that would have allowed them to give the game the extra time it needed.

I have bottomless faith in Hello Games' ability to (eventually) deliver a game with unprecedented scope and complexity.

Fuz

Banned
It's better to fail at being ambitious than to succeed at being mediocre.

Even then, the No Man's Sky that exists today is everything he promised and more---the only mistake they made was releasing the game a year or two too early, or maybe the mistake was not negotiating some kind of full exclusivity deal with Sony that would have allowed them to give the game the extra time it needed.

I have bottomless faith in Hello Games' ability to (eventually) deliver a game with unprecedented scope and complexity.
Hi Sean.

//DEVIL//

did no mans sky take off or something for him to be interviewed in the first place ?

that game sucked :/ , Zero hope of the new project. especially day 1 lol. Imagine buying their game day one LoL.. to game pass or get out bud.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Peter Molynuex has something to trump up soon I guess.

see that tree over there watch it grow in real-time from a sapling to full grown then chop it down to build a house for you family.

Even though No Man's Sky is constantly receiving content updates and technical patches, it's a little too late in my opinion to earn back good favour. Those people who bought the game upon release in 2016 were deserving of a finished product, not an early access title that's still being updated 5 years later.

Arthimura

Tbh I think they redeemed themselves with all the working they're doing with NMS for years now.

I just hope they don't do the same mistakes of overpromising.

Last edited:
Top Bottom