• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me decide my bathroom wall tiles...

Which wall tile for the bathroom?

• Option A

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Option B

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Option C

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Option D

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

OZ9000

Banned
utDv8Oz.jpg

iLwQUfC.jpg

5V9Ufn8.jpeg

I will use a corresponding colour for the floor tiles.

edit:
Option D

leon_lappato_porcelain_tiles.jpg

leon_dark_grey_lappato_porcelain_tile.jpg

leon_dark_grey_lappato_tile.jpg

I kind of like this. Although this may well darken the bathroom. Perhaps I'll apply the black tiles to one wall only?
edit 2:

vogue_grey_polished_concrete_effect_xl_porcelain_tile.jpg

This could be used as a floor or wall tile. Quite plain and safe.

singapore_polished_concrete_effect_porcelain_floor_til_1.jpg

Floor tile.
I thought about the above floor tile, with corresponding wall tile, and 1x wall with the dark grey panels. Essentially emulating the bathroom above.

Last edited:

Trunx81

What’s the color of the sink and toilet?

A would be my first impression, followed by C. B looks boring and broken.

Keep in mind that you’ll have these tiles probably for a few years (or maybe forever, who knows, my parents haven’t renovated their baths since 1981). Therefore you should choose something that you won’t get tired of so quickly. Why Option A then, you might ask? Well, no lines/ornaments are easier to the eye and, even if this sounds strange, simple materials don’t bore your eyes out that much. While with the other two options, one day you will decide “I can’t stand these lines anymore. Especially you, Chuck!” (Yes you will start to name them).

A also makes it easier to decorate the rest, as it goes with nearly anything. For spots that you see quite often (before smartphones I would say “from the toilet”, but these glorious times are over. RIP shower gel ingredients. I knew you by heart) you can decorate with some easy replaceable things that you can flip out once in a while to keep the room interesting. Option A doesn’t limit you in this - the other two do that.

OZ9000

Banned
What’s the color of the sink and toilet?

A would be my first impression, followed by C. B looks boring and broken.

Keep in mind that you’ll have these tiles probably for a few years (or maybe forever, who knows, my parents haven’t renovated their baths since 1981). Therefore you should choose something that you won’t get tired of so quickly. Why Option A then, you might ask? Well, no lines/ornaments are easier to the eye and, even if this sounds strange, simple materials don’t bore your eyes out that much. While with the other two options, one day you will decide “I can’t stand these lines anymore. Especially you, Chuck!” (Yes you will start to name them).

A also makes it easier to decorate the rest, as it goes with nearly anything. For spots that you see quite often (before smartphones I would say “from the toilet”, but these glorious times are over. RIP shower gel ingredients. I knew you by heart) you can decorate with some easy replaceable things that you can flip out once in a while to keep the room interesting. Option A doesn’t limit you in this - the other two do that.
Toilet / sink / shower will be white. Fixtures will be chrome.

I think I'll settle on A.

I've also got a wildcard choice

leon_lappato_porcelain_tiles.jpg

leon_dark_grey_lappato_porcelain_tile.jpg

leon_dark_grey_lappato_tile.jpg

I kind of like this. Although this may well darken the bathroom. Perhaps I'll apply the black tiles to one wall only?

edit 2:
vogue_grey_polished_concrete_effect_xl_porcelain_tile.jpg

This could be used as a floor or wall tile. Quite plain and safe.

singapore_polished_concrete_effect_porcelain_floor_til_1.jpg

Floor tile.

I thought about the above floor tile, with corresponding wall tile, and 1x wall with the dark grey panels. Essentially emulating the bathroom above.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
If you really have to choose between those 4 choices go for A.

If you're feeling a bit wild go for something fun, you seem to have enough money to do whatever you want !
ncp7iH5.jpg
Too wacky for me.

Aiming to have a modern and timeless appearance to the bathroom although the above designs seemed to be popular according to the tile company.

I must say I am liking Option D, particularly with the 1 dark grey wall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom