• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help renting a first person shooter

My friend is visiting for the weekend and we're looking for a 2 player co-op first person shooter on the Xbox.

We're done with Halo2 and Time Splitter 2 and 3.

We're thinking about:

Area 51
Project: Snowblind
Pariah
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

None of the reviews we read on IGN really indicates if they are 2 player co-op and that's really what we're looking for. Not looking to shoot at eachother.

Any recommendation please?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
None of the games you listed have coop. The afore mentioned Serious Sam is an excellent choice however.

bitwise

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You can't even save the game. I gave id the big F U for that one.

I didnt think you needed to, you just chose the level you want.

its been awhile i cant really remember.

I'm crossing those games out of my list then.
Going to read some reviews about Serious Sam and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Is Medal of Honor: European Assault any good?

Jeff-DSA

bitwise said:
I didnt think you needed to, you just chose the level you want.

its been awhile i cant really remember.

I don't think you can level select until you have passed them in the single-player campaign first. I was just pissed because my friend and I played like 6 hours of co-op and found out that we couldn't save our progress at the end. That was a sad moment...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
rahxephon03x said:
I'm crossing those games out of my list then.
Going to read some reviews about Serious Sam and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Is Medal of Honor: European Assault any good?

MoH is super bland.

Do the Tom Clancy games have one Xbox co-op? I only played them on live, but co-op splinter cell, ghost recon and rainbow six are all great....lots of teamwork, etc.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Does Doom 3 have split screen co-op or is it online only? If it's the former, I would highly recommend it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, it's hard to imagine a game being more bland than Pariah. I don't see how the team working on that game never actually stopped to realize that they were creating "Generic - The Game".

My wife and I got burned with Doom3. We love co-op gaming, and we were bummed out when we realized it was Live only (although the Live co-op is quite good).

If you get the special edition, you CAN play the original Doom co-op, but the set up is crappy. You get two square screens, not the traditional co-op wide screen viewing area. Even on a larger tv, the viewing area is small and annoying. Plus, y'know, games have kinda improved since the original Doom. :)

Tain

Plus, y'know, games have kinda improved since the original Doom.

Eeehh. There are no singleplayer FPSes like Doom ('manic') that are actually better games. Serious Sam is excellent, though.

LakeEarth

Help renting a first person shooter
Okay, first you get to your car and get inside. Turn on the engine and back out of your driveway. Head to Blockbuster and walk inside. Look at the game sections and look at the games. On the back, they have pictures, look for the ones where the gun is kinda floating near the bottom. Bring it to the employee and say "I would like to rent this game, please, sir". Then you give the man the money and walk out. Drive home.

ansi

rahxephon03x said:
My friend is visiting for the weekend and we're looking for a 2 player co-op first person shooter on the Xbox.

We're done with Halo2 and Time Splitter 2 and 3.

We're thinking about:

Area 51
Project: Snowblind
Pariah
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

None of the reviews we read on IGN really indicates if they are 2 player co-op and that's really what we're looking for. Not looking to shoot at eachother.

Any recommendation please?

Two words: Raze's Hell.

Great 2-player "tough as nails" co-op (no XBox Live required).
Awesome one-player and xBox live game too!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ChrisReid said:
Not necessarily.. some games, like Full Spectrum Warrior, are Live coop only and lack system link.

yes, but what does FSW have to do anything with Doom3? :p

Top Bottom