• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Henry Cavill is Superman again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Lord please don't let Geoff Johns anywhere near his movie. I will go back to being a Catholic and praying to Mother Mary if it keeps Johns away from the franchise.
Kevin Smith has a good Braniac script. They’d just need to remove the death and return plot, Brainiac’s gay robot sidekick, the polar bear guards of the Fortress of Solitude, and the giant fucking spider.

490a38ef255842b48d24c8d982d59fcc.png

Flutta

Banned
It’s like you guys already forgot that WB will be dictating the theme of the movie….
It’s a new era we live in. Shit will be injected will all types of woke garbage.

Doesnt matter if Cavill is lead or not.🤣

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm excited but if it does feature Black Adam I hope Superman is still the primary focus of the movie. His Kal-El only really got one and a half movies to himself. Let him save some people, report on stuff, do actual Clark Kent shit....the DBZ fights are a given but we need some character moments too.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hope he signed a lot of papers, he's gonna need them to beat the Rock.
I 'spect they could film these two guys just working out in some sort of vaguely Hall of Justice themed gym for 2 hours, dump it into theaters, and get $300 MILLION from the Twilight mom crowd :p

Call it "Pumping Iron, in spaaaaace":p

Henry Cavill might not be Superman... again

I know the Rock pushed hard for it and being the leading man for one of the biggest products coming out for the company probably gave him quite a bit of clout (he knew the power of building up a good rivalry that'd lead to a mega payoff event, having been part of one of the best ever during his wrestling days). But now that's past the powers that be are looking much further ahead and given how in flux things are I wouldn't bank on anything. It sounds like they want to start over clean, total break from the past. This whole corporate-WB-Gunn-Zaslov-who's getting-the-shaft-roller-coaster meta saga has been way more entertaining than any stories inside the DCEU btw. On par with 90s wrestling.

So who knows? Maybe Bond is back on the table.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

I know the Rock pushed hard for it and being the leading man for one of the biggest products coming out for the company probably gave him quite a bit of clout (he knew the power of building up a good rivalry that'd lead to a mega payoff event, having been part of one of the best ever during his wrestling days). But now that's past the powers that be are looking much further ahead and given how in flux things are I wouldn't bank on anything. It sounds like they want to start over clean, total break from the past. This whole corporate-WB-Gunn-Zaslov-who's getting-the-shaft-roller-coaster meta saga has been way more entertaining than any stories inside the DCEU btw. On par with 90s wrestling.

go away ruby rod GIF

MrMephistoX

It just speaks to the disorganization of DC and their attempts to fast forward into Avengers box office numbers without putting in the work: like how many years have they wasted at this point by editing BvS and Justice League into terrible films (directors cuts excluded) when they could have just taken it slow and built up a franchise with Wonderwoman and Flash and Aquaman before trying to leap into Justice League? Also the somewhat underhanded way The Rock got the cameo of Cavill in for Black Adam along with them sharing the same agent kind of makes me wonder if the Rock bit off more than he could chew and assumed he could get away with it because he was delusional enough to think Black Adam would do Avengers numbers. WB just kinda let the cameo happen before Gunn and Safran got hired and they weren’t playing it up in the way you’d expect with a press tour etc. idk the whole thing just seems weird I like Cavill as supes but clearly someone just doesn’t like the guy at WB.

WB probably would have cancelled the Snyderverse sooner if Aquaman and Shazam hadn’t become hits because literally everything else they’ve made has been expensive soulless garbage. I’d literally rather watch Eternals or paint dry over Black Adam again.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Wasn’t Henry Cavill balding?

90% sure he got a hair transplant I remember thinking the same thing about David Beckham how he was thinning too and now in his old age has a lion’s mane

Are those things that effective? Maybe I need one I wonder how expensive they are

Tams

Gold Member
90% sure he got a hair transplant I remember thinking the same thing about David Beckham how he was thinning too and now in his old age has a lion’s mane

Are those things that effective? Maybe I need one I wonder how expensive they are

They are effective. It's taking healthy hair and filling the gaps.

How much if costs depends on how many grafts (individual hairs) you want done. That depends on how much you have already irretrievably lost and how dense you want it. Needless to say, it can get expensive (though pocket change for a celebrity).

Oh sorry, were we supposed to be discussing DCEU? Eh, maybe they can make a sequel to The Man From U.N.C.L.E. now if he's free.

Tams

Gold Member
Good thing he ditched The Witcher! Wait?!?!?!
Still a good thing. The Witcher show was never good and had turned to shit.

The females of course still swoon at him, but it was marring his name in terms of being an actor, even though he was really the only good part of it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Gunn "liking" Henry Cavill has no bearing on Cavill staying on as Superman, unfortunately.

I can't wait for this shitshow to be over and we finally hear Gunn's master plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom