• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here are the Games Coming Exclusively to Xbox in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmuroChan

Your premise that PC gaming is somehow now a part of the Xbox platform is simply false. Steam exists entirely outside of Xbox. As does GOG. As does EGS. As does Ubisoft Connect. As does Origin. And on and on. These platforms pay nothing to Microsoft for their presence on PC. Windows is an open operating system, not a closed ecosystem like consoles.

Beyond all that, the article references the consoles specifically. So are you saying when Microsoft is talking about Xbox Series X and S they are automatically including PC gaming? That is one hell of a reach.

Steam is also not a PC-only client. I run Steam on my Mac.

Last edited:
So they say only 30 announced games plus Jez corden said, there are 2 unannounced big games coming this year. He said it on Xbox 2 podcast.

So 3 big games and rest small. Not bad

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I was expecting a troll thread but it looks legit:messenger_grinning_sweat:. This thread can be used as "Here are the leaked Epic Game Store free games list for 2022" in december, 2021 :messenger_smiling_horns: . Except Halo(which i think won't make it in 2021) and Flight Simulator(which i think will get a lot of downgrade) of course.

I hope Xbox will fight back in 2022 though. We need a healthy competition.

arguing that xbox today is not windows pc + console + cloud it means you don't fully understand what Microsoft is doing from when Spencer is in charge and yes the only thing to do is to write "lol"
ps. thinking windows isn't ms platform is embassingly stupid to a level that I dont really know where to start

A third-party game sells on Xbox: MS gets 30%.
A first-party game sells on Xbox: MS gets 100%.
A third-party game sells on Steam: MS gets 0%.
A first-party game sells on Steam: 70%.

If anyone "owns" PC gaming, it's Valve. MS owns PC gaming as much as they own Switch.

Apparently, you're the embarrassingly stupid one here.

Last edited:
Blatantly lying?! Did you actually READ the article? Under Psychonauts 2 it said plainly "OK, this one’s not technically a console exclusive, but it’s launching into Xbox Game Pass, so we couldn’t miss out on including it." For the Yakuza collection? "These ones aren’t technically exclusive, but it’s the first time these games are coming to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass, so we’re pretty excited." People are so triggered by Xbox they don't even know what they are complaining about anymore. If you don't like the platform enjoy whatever it is you enjoy and ignore it. It's almost like there is some sort of weird emotional reaction it's pretty funny. I guess if it really matters to you can send them a sternly written email expressing your discontent.

Yes, they are blatantly lying! I guess you need to read article 100 times. This article is about exclusives. There is no a single mention of multiplatform title ina
article nor in headline. As you noticed regarding Yakuza, they've mentioned "technically", so, they'are trying to adopt it as it is exclusive since article IS about exclusives only. And also, Psychonauts and and Little Witch are announced for PS4 ( Switch). These games CAN'T be here in that article and especially put them under term exclusive. Yes, they are blatantly lying and misleading people, their own community. If you want keep swallowing their lies, suits yourself

Last edited:
Yes, they are blatantly lying! I guess you need to read article 100 times. This article is about exclusives. There is no a single mention of multiplatform title. As you noticed regarding Yakuza, they've mentioned "technically", so, they'are trying to adopt it as it is exclusive since article IS about exclusives only. And also, Psyconauts and and Little Witch are announced for PS4 ( Switch) These games CAN'T be here in that article and especially put them under term exclusive. Yes, they are blatantly lying and misleading people, their own community.

Some are also just timed-exclusive, like The Medium. This is a very misleading list.

Not to mention, even the few games that are never coming to Switch or PlayStation, aren't exclusive either, since they're on Steam.

Not to mention, even the few games that are never coming to Switch or PlayStation, aren't exclusive either, since they're on Steam.

Yes, i've mentioned that in similar way in previous posts

JAAj3uH.jpg

Last edited:

If anyone "owns" PC gaming, it's Valve. MS owns PC gaming as much as they own Switch.

Not necessarily. Microsoft owns a lot of gaming tools like simplygon and obviously people are investing into Microsoft's OS.

Topher

Gold Member
ms get money on the game sold as everyone else but at the same moment steam as everyone else is leveraging their product windows Is, no matter how much ms haters will try to spin it, users that are on their os are instantly ms users no matter what. Ms could push an AD on their start menu and u should forcibly swallow it u get it?. Ms is pushing xbox name all over their os with their installed app. Thing that no one can do nor steam or others. If u don't understand that windows is their platform as xbox is i can't help u

That's heavily exaggerated. Microsoft is not "pushing xbox name all over their os with their installed app". The Xbox app doesn't even launch on Windows start up at all unless it is explicitly set it to do so. It is an app just like any other can easily be deleted just like any other. But I'm just going to go back to the fact Microsoft had to put their games on Steam as their own wasn't cutting it. When it comes to gaming on PC, Steam is just the dominant platform. Regardless, nothing you are saying is leading back to this false premise that Xbox incorporates everything PC gaming. That's fiction.

MonarchJT

Banned

ok let me explain you this coz maybe you are young and you grow up just with steam and steam is everything that ever existed for you .You know that there wasn't steam when old ass like me where playing games on windows? ..and you know where ppl will play (i hope never) if steam will end up to exist? I'll tell you ..on windows. Ms is more than happy that their ecosystem is flourishing and is happy that so many nice money are moving on it because this raises its position in the IT industry.certainly they also tried to take the market share that steam has .. failing... but I don't even think that the Ms Store will be the last time they will try. You only talk about videogames and this blurs your eyes ... it seems you do not even see the various interests of ms and even where the gaming is heading at full speed. maybe because you compare Microsoft to Nintendo or Sony ... company in the DNA so different to say that Microsoft does not see them as competitors is perhaps the most exact thing ever said. It's ever more stupid to compare ms with valve...(i just lold). Again u can spin it how you want (and it is making me really smile) but windows is their own platform and the introduction of UWP was a proof of it (the fact that they have abandoned it at the moment does not change anything also because they are introducing it again on Windows 10x). It almost seems to make you angry that ms controls ana platform which gives it stability .. absurd.

ps. no one said ms control pc gaming ..i said that windows is their own platform

Last edited:
ok let me explain you this coz maybe you are young and you grow up just with steam and steam is everything that ever existed for you .You know that there wasn't steam when old ass like me where playing games on windows? ..and you know where ppl will play (i hope never) if steam will end up to exist? I'll tell you ..on windows. Ms is more than happy that their ecosystem is flourishing and is happy that so many nice money are moving on it because this raises its position in the IT industry.certainly they also tried to take the market share that steam has .. failing... but I don't even think that the Ms Store will be the last time they will try. You only talk about videogames and this blurs your eyes ... it seems you do not even see the various interests of ms and even where the gaming is heading at full speed. maybe because you compare Microsoft to Nintendo or Sony ... company in the DNA so different to say that Microsoft does not see them as competitors is perhaps the most exact thing ever said. It's ever more stupid to compare ms with valve...(i just lold). Again u can spin it how you want (and it is making me really smile) but windows is their own platform and the introduction of UWP was a proof of it (the fact that they have abandoned it at the moment does not change anything also because they are introducing it again on Windows 10x). It almost seems to make you angry that ms controls ana platform which gives it stability .. absurd.

ps. no one said ms control pc gaming ..i said that windows is their own platform

First of all, I'm 41.

What difference does it make if Steam wasn't always around? They are today, and 90% of PC gaming goes through Valve. That's who gets paid if you want a successful PC game.

It isn't any more complicated than that. I'm sorry you don't get it (or don't want to get it).

Last edited:
Yes, they are blatantly lying! I guess you need to read article 100 times. This article is about exclusives. There is no a single mention of multiplatform title ina
article nor in headline. As you noticed regarding Yakuza, they've mentioned "technically", so, they'are trying to adopt it as it is exclusive since article IS about exclusives only. And also, Psychonauts and and Little Witch are announced for PS4 ( Switch). These games CAN'T be here in that article and especially put them under term exclusive. Yes, they are blatantly lying and misleading people, their own community. If you want keep swallowing their lies, suits yourself
So they are lying when they say Psychonauts is not exclusive? It really is time to send that email to MS. I'm sure you'll set them straight! Show them no mercy!

MonarchJT

Banned
First of all, I'm 41.

What difference does it make if Steam wasn't always around? They are today, and 90% of PC gaming goes through Valve. That's who gets paid if you want a successful PC game.

It isn't any more complicated than that. I'm sorry you don't get it (or don't want to get it).
gosh it's not really hard ..leaving that 30% on the table isn't for ms a problem expecially when let's say 1/5 of steam users buy their office 365 after you have already paid for the OS. Every steam users , using the Microsoft platform, is potentially a constant buyer of Microsoft software or services ... if not today tomorrow.Not counting that if gameoass starts to take hold seriously (and it looks like it is doing it) Microsoft doesn't even have to worry about that 30% anymore

Last edited:

kyussman

I'm pretty sure an Xbox is gonna be a must have for me this time around.....but it's gonna be a few years before the big games start dropping.I'll be going with a PS5 first,I've not heard of a lot of the games on that list tbh.

So they are lying when they say Psychonauts is not exclusive? It really is time to send that email to MS. I'm sure you'll set them straight! Show them no mercy!

They've never said in article Psychonauts isn't exclusive nor implied it. LOL. Correct term would be multiplatform title. Not some "technically isn't" crap. Or it is exclusive, or it is not exclusive.
What i've said in previous post regarding Yakuza, same can be applied to Psychonauts.

Will just copy and switch Yakuza with Psychonauts

As you noticed regarding Psychonauts, they've mentioned "technically", so, they'are trying to adopt it as it is exclusive since article IS about exclusives only. And also, Yakuza ( already on PS4) and Little Witch is announced for PS4 ( Switch). These games CAN'T be here in that article and especially put them under term exclusive. Yes, they are blatantly lying and misleading people, their own community. If you want keep swallowing their lies, suits yourself

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
gosh it's not really hard ..leaving that 30% on the table isn't for ms a problem expecially when let's say 1/5 of steam users buy their office 365 after you have already paid for the OS. Every steam users , using the Microsoft platform, is potentially a constant buyer of Microsoft software or services ... if not today tomorrow.Not counting that if gameoass starts to take hold seriously (and it looks like it is doing it) Microsoft doesn't even have to worry about that 30% anymore

That is whole heck of a lot of supposition. There are only 45.3 million subscribers of consumer Office 365 in the entire world. Sorry, but you are trying way too hard here to connect dots that are in different coloring books.

The simple answer as to why Microsoft put their games on Steam is that they would rather have 70% of something rather than 100% of nothing.

When people told you to seek help, they didn’t mean Microsoft customer support, they meant professionally.

MonarchJT

Banned
That is whole heck of a lot of supposition. There are only 45.3 million subscribers of consumer Office 365 in the entire world. Sorry, but you are trying way too hard here to connect dots that are in different coloring books.

The simple answer as to why Microsoft put their games on Steam is that they would rather have 70% of something rather than 100% of nothing.
it could be 365 it could be the other versions it could be Skype or whatever windows is their own platform this is a fact as the sun will raise tomorrow and they are managing their OS (failing or not) as they like from the API to the UI and UX and of course on the pre-installed applications where you happen to find the Xbox one and not steam or gog

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
These are the games that are coming exclusively to Xbox in 2021.

*All of them are also coming on PC.
** Some of these games are also coming on PlayStation.
*** Some of these games are also coming on Switch.
**** And some of these aren't technically exclusive, but we included them anyway to increase the list.
***** Some of these games have been available for years.
****** MS marketing is once again "goin' to give ya!"

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Not necessarily. Microsoft owns a lot of gaming tools like simplygon and obviously people are investing into Microsoft's OS.
Sony is part of the Blu-ray Disc Association and gets royalty fees from every single device that uses a Blue-Ray Player, xbox included.
Does this mean Sony owns Xbox?

You make it sound like that's a bad thing.
If its not a bad thing why are so many xbox fans getting triggered when its gets pointed out that those games are factually not exclusive? Why are xbox fans using the most convulted logic to argue that PC is somehow owned by microsoft?

Last edited:

Thomish

How many first party exclusives compared to times exclusive is my question? One of the main reasons I haven't picked up a XSX (or tried to anyway) is because I don't feel like I'll be missing out on any game as it stands right now.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
If its not a bad thing why are so many xbox fans getting triggered when its gets pointed out that those games are factually not exclusive? Why are xbox fans using the most convulted logic to argue that PC is somehow owned by microsoft?
Because fanboys are idiots.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
And yet, the threads where the Zenimax deal is brought up is filled with Sony fanboys complaining how MS stole the games from them. If you can play it on PC also, how did MS took anything away? Apparently everyone has a pc alongside a PS5.
Absolutely no relevance b/w the two things:

1. These games are still not Xbox exclusives because they are available on another platform.
2. MS did steal Bethesda games from PlayStation. But MS did not steal those games from PC.

Loope

Absolutely no relevance b/w the two things:

1. These games are still not Xbox exclusives because they are available on another platform.
2. MS did steal Bethesda games from PlayStation. But MS did not steal those games from PC.
Who gives a fuck, they didn't steal anything.They payed for it.
As soon as someone talks about xbox exclusive there is always a: " they're not exclusive, you can play it on pc". Well, now then, just play it on pc, what's holding these people up? Why thrown a tantrum and act like MS stole a candy from a kid. If you have a pc, by all means play the game, why whine all the time about it?

I only play on pc, it's good for me that they're not real exclusives.

Topher

Gold Member
As soon as someone talks about xbox exclusive there is always a: " they're not exclusive, you can play it on pc". Well, now then, just play it on pc, what's holding these people up? Why thrown a tantrum and act like MS stole a candy from a kid. If you have a pc, by all means play the game, why whine all the time about it?

The people who are complaining probably do not have PC. Not sure where this idea that all PS owners have PC. Either way, you are pitting two different conversations against each other and that doesn't make sense at all.

I play primarily on PC and have PS for exclusives so no, from my perspective, nothing has really changed as far as Zenimax/Bethesda is concerned. I will play their games on PC like I always have.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Yeah, steal is the wrong word; I used it only because you used it earlier. But they did block that content -- many established IPs -- on PlayStation.

I'm not complaining because I will just play those games on Xbox instead of PS. But it is a fact; you can't deny it. Your comment suggested that they didn't -- which is factually incorrect.

Last edited:

Loope

Yeah, steal is the wrong word; I used it only because you used it earlier. But they did block that content -- many established IPs -- on PlayStation.

I'm not complaining because I will just play those games on Xbox instead of PS. But it is a fact; you can't deny it. Your comment suggested that they didn't -- which is factually incorrect.
True. The fact is they payed for it, if you want to play it, either get an xbox or play on pc.

Loope

The people who are complaining probably do not have PC. Not sure where this idea that all PS owners have PC. Either way, you are pitting two different conversations against each other and that doesn't make sense at all.

I play primarily on PC and have PS for exclusives so no, from my perspective, nothing has really changed as far as Zenimax/Bethesda is concerned. I will play their games on PC like I always have.
It doesn't change the fact that any thread with one game announced by MS is met with: "meh it's also on pc", giving the impression everyone with a PS has a PC. But when that deal came to light we all knew how it went. I always play Bethesda games on PC.

Umbasaborne

Banned
A disappointing first year to be sure. Losing halo to next fall really hurt some of my excitement, and i think microsoft lost a lot of steam. It doesnt help that they had nothing to show for their upcoming projects other than cg trailers (yay) so those are far, far away i guess. Ironically, i use my series x more than my ps5 since xbox was my primary system last gen, and i own more games for it. I like the look of the ps5 quite a bit, hence my profile pic. But as of now, im more excited for the immediate future of playstation than xbox.

they can totally turn the ship around with some more unnanounced games coming this year though. But for me, the lack of tripple a exclusives for their new console is disappointing right now.

Sony is part of the Blu-ray Disc Association and gets royalty fees from every single device that uses a Blue-Ray Player, xbox included.
Does this mean Sony owns Xbox?

I'm not talking about ownership, but talking about money. Microsoft is trying to be everywhere in gaming because being exclusive or putting up barriers actually loses you a lot of money in the long run.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
12 minutes, Tunic and The Artful Escape are all games I think people will end up talking highly about by the end of 2021.

It doesn't change the fact that any thread with one game announced by MS is met with: "meh it's also on pc", giving the impression everyone with a PS has a PC. But when that deal came to light we all knew how it went. I always play Bethesda games on PC.

But some of these are also on PlayStation. Some are also on Switch. They're all being called exclusive, but none of them are.

Ecstatically speaking , xbox is known since the beginning the go to platform for fps games, if you're tired of teenage child holding a stick style gameplay like ico then go for xbox , you can't alienate the platform origins ,it's there, tied with the brand.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Lol, for what? He didn't say anything that warrants reporting.

You've been calling people stupid for trying to explain the fact that Microsoft doesn't own PC gaming.

Report yourself for embarrassing yourself over and over.
that's your opinion and I never said they own gaming, i said windows is their platform and that is a fact......at the same time I did call you stupids

Last edited:

Loope

But some of these are also on PlayStation. Some are also on Switch. They're all being called exclusive, but none of them are.
Yes, some of these are on different platforms, but i find it a bit ridiculous when talking strictly about consoles, if the game comes out on pc and Xbox, or pc and ps5, does it really matter to the immense market of people that only buys consoles?No.

But that doesn't hold off the huge amount of people always go off on the fact that it is also on pc, even though they don't own a pc or ever will own one as can be seen by the amount of butt hurt over the zenimax deal. People that do have pcs, just shrugged their shoulders and moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom