• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days (from October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pswii60

Surely this stuff has to be in a party manifesto and not just in Trump's head? How does it work in the US? Is a manifesto published in an election?

Future

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT

WHAT THE FUCK

THAT'S LIKE GOING TO A GAME SOURCE CODE AND DECLARING THAT FOR EVERY ONE LINE OF CODE IN, TWO LINES NEED TO BE ELIMINATED

THERE IS NO LOGIC TO THIS

THIS IS NOTHING BUT STROKING THE DICKS OF LIBERTARIANS WHO HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING.

Haha pure insanity

krang

Wow, what an incomprehensible asshole.

Thanks for making that decision for the rest of the planet, you fucking cunt.

NimbusD

This ^^^ There was an interview with Mitch McConnel this morning where they asked him about this, and his answer was basically: LOL NO

Honestly it's a horrible idea. They're easy enough to vote out, but also you need SOMEONE in the government to be able to be there and know how things function, or you'll get overrun with special interest and lobbyists and anyone unelected who just gets to hang around forever.

Not that those aren't already problems, but it'll just create more problems.

Zaru

Haha. It starts so tame and then ramps up the crazy to TV Trump. You done goofed.

I'm half sure the tame stuff is in the beginning to make people with short attention spans who don't finish reading believe he's not that bad

NimbusD

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT

WHAT THE FUCK

THAT'S LIKE GOING TO A GAME SOURCE CODE AND DECLARING THAT FOR EVERY ONE LINE OF CODE IN, TWO LINES NEED TO BE ELIMINATED

THIS IS NOTHING BUT STROKING THE DICKS OF LIBERTARIANS WHO HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING.

Yep, welcome to Trumpland! Feels sort of like a reality show, doesn't it?

meanspartan

This doesn't ruin the lives of people following our laws.

Ok, explain to me how my friend who is on DACA who was brought here as a two year old by his parents and didn't even find out he was here illegally til he was 16 broke a law?

For all intents and purposes, he is not from Mexico and deporting him there would be inhumane. His parents broke the law, he did nothing wrong. You want him to be deported?

Simplistic statements like yours are abhorrent. Not all situations are so cut and dry.

RedSwirl

Here's an article about it:
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/9/21/12993074/trump-trade-4-million-jobs

In summary: if he pulls out of nafta and puts big tariffs on mexico/china, they will retaliate with their own tariffs and the US will fall into a recession, likely dragging the other 2 down with it, with millions of jobs lost in the US.

That's not even counting the implications of Trump flat-out ignoring WTO tariff regulations which could put 70 years worth of trade liberalization at risk.

So... pretty bad but not 2008 bad?

And that's if Trump doesn't take us out of the WTO, which could roll our economy back to pre-WWII conditions?

I think one article back in the primaries postulated that Trump wants old-school mercantilism.

7threst

i have an HSA through work...its the biggest fucking ripoff on earth. The hospital bills for the birth of my daughter totaled over 10K out of pocket. At 3 kids, ive paid 30K out of pocket in hospital bills. I work for an insurance company.

Jezus... I am amazed about the US healthcare system... And when I say 'amazed' I actually mean appalled.

Decado

With the support of the legislature , courts, and states? All of it. They aren't going to support a lot of that though, particularly term limits.
Wonder what the odds are of the crap getting through but the positive changes being stonewalled and Trump just shrugging his shoulders...?

Brinbe

The saddest part is that those who are already hurting will suffer the most. While the rich will just get richer. Really feel for those Americans right now.

If you can, get the fuck out. Come up here to Canada. With the climate being fucked, it'll be warmer up here now.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Some sounds good.

Some sounds terrifying.

If he can complete even a 16th of that list, I'm going to be impressed. Especially the term limits one.

Actually, with the path he took to becoming president, I'm not going to dismiss it happening. Not after this week.

norinrad

Reading that list, i think the Republican party is going to have more issues with Trump than the Democrats and the rest of the country. lol

People who grew up learning math the "rote memorization" way hate it because their kids come home with homework that makes the parents feel stupid. So even though common core is about teaching kids to have a more intuitive mental relationship with math, their parents just find it frustrating because it's not traditional and want kids to go back to things like committing multiplication tables to memory, which really only helps one kind of learner. That's my personal take on it, at least.

On topic: Everything about a Trump presidency continues to be incredibly terrifying. His climate change plans are going to brutalize this planet, his immigration ideas are going to waste tax dollars breaking up families and imposing fascist rules on anyone trying to get into this country, and it's only a matter of time before he turns his eye on the police and starts pumping more weapons, armor, people, and power into an already disgustingly over-militarized police force.

"Common Core" has nothing to do with the method of teaching. It's about the standard for what is learned at each grade level. This would, presumably, put those standards back into the control of the local administration, rather than on a national(?) level. I think that's probably a good thing, and could potentially help limit "teaching to the test." Right?

Staf

FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

This is something very, very good. But there's no way he will get support for this from the republicans or democrats.

JimiNutz

Banned
Some of that sounds fine.

Some of that sounds great.

Some of that puts us closer to annihilation.

Agreed.

I guess the hope is that reason will prevail and aids will be having a quiet word in his ear about the annihilation actions...

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT

WHAT THE FUCK

I can only laugh at this . Its such batshit insanity that I can only laugh. Its real and its happening.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
What level of shit do you have to be to repeal laws to protect the environment? With all the evidence around about the measures that need to be taken.

Man, people who voted this guy in are gonna be kicking themselves soon when they realise how his entire MO is ego and greed. Not once has he ever, even remotely shown he gives a fuck about anyone, or the planet, and you're gonna find that out fast. Wearing a trucker hat and 'relating' to middle America does not change a man. Bringing jobs back to rural America? GTFO. Liar.

pringles

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure
Well, the world is fucked.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This was his pre-election list of promises, right?

Let's see how much he sticks to, and how much gets lost to politics.

If he actually goes through with all of that it's going to be a bumpy ride in the US.

Dipper145

The anti-lobbying stuff sounds really good.

Against the anti-climate change stuff, and some of the illegal immigrant stuff should be handled more delicately.

Forkball

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT

WHAT THE FUCK

This post was more thought out than Trump's plan.

I was going to make a top five list of scariest changes but that won't be enough.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
i have an HSA through work...its the biggest fucking ripoff on earth. The hospital bills for the birth of my daughter totaled over 10K out of pocket. At 3 kids, ive paid 30K out of pocket in hospital bills. I work for an insurance company.

This is what I've been saying. Huge disaster for those that are not rich.

Everyone in here is freaking out about the environment stuff (rightly so), but the HSA stuff is going to have the most immediate damaging impact. Millions of people will end up crushed by debt.

I have 4 kids in a 1-income household. One of them gets sick, I'm done :( I'm terrified right now.

The saddest part is that those who are already hurting will suffer the most. While the rich will just get richer. Really feel for those Americans right now.

If you can, get the fuck out. Come up here to Canada. With the climate being fucked, it'll be warmer up here now.

I was actually thinking about that the other day lol.

Markoman

Actually some good stuff. Maybe he will make America great again. US, better start making your coastal cities (under-)water-proof, lol.

4 years of inaction on climate change from the country who should be setting an example for the entire world right now before it's too late is just unacceptable. The worst part about this is it'll make those bible thumping end time prophesiers feel totally justified in their beliefs now as they drag us all down with them, only there's no heaven waiting for us afterwards and out future generations are going to be left with this mess on Earth. I'll be very lucky if I'm not living under water in the next 50 years considering how close I live to the sea.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The lobbying stuff is good.

The term limits on members is bad because experienced legislators are important in crafting nuanced and proficient legislation. We should not get rid of that experience.

What am I talking about, this is all insane.

I don't know. Some of the limitations and lobbyists and interest groups buying / influencing politicians seem like a good idea. And any intelligent reevaluation of any existing trade agreement that severely affects the United States isn't the worst thing to happen.

Also, somebody help me out on this. He said illegal immigrants with a criminal background will be deported. I remember him saying he was going to deport all 9 million illegals. So he's not going to do that nonsense anymore?

Because if that's just it, his deportation policy would then be similar to Obama's.

EDIT:

Yeah right here. "Who is being deported?

President Obama directed U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to focus on criminals, not families, during his November 2014 executive action on immigration
. This deportation policy Obama implemented was an executive order. So Trump wants to rescind all of Obama's executive orders, even the ones that are in line with what Trump wants to do anyway?

Twitter-2016-Trump-wont-win-2017-President-420a11.png

Faith

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure
Well there goes my hope of a better future for our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom