• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst is being raked over the coals by PlayStation fans on Twitter

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Proof that God does exist, and Gaf isnt alone in voicing their disapproval despite the favorable metrics on youtube. These are all top replies to his tweets.

BmBxzoJ.jpg
GbL1kjc.jpg

A lot more under every tweet hes posted since yesterday. Only Philbo seems to be positive about the event and his job as Head of PS Studios lol.

P.S That tweet about them spending billions on Bungie only to make games for xbox is hilarious given how Hermans job is to make first party games for playstation.

SlimySnake

I like that you included Phil Spencer's congratulations in this thread.

I See You GIF by The Academy Awards
lol I didnt even see that as an insult. I legit thought he was being honest and understanding.

but definitely a possibility of it being a dig now that you mention it.

Mr Hyde

Hermen Hulst is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He talks big about the DNA of Playstation, about the strength of single player games, only to greenlight dozens of live service games, even going so far as to buy studios before they've even shipped a game, ushering the PS brand into the dark ages. A far cry from the mighty Shu.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
phil spencer: ”we suck and we cant we‘re not going to even try.”
Xbox fans: ”Okay”

PS:”here is a preview of spiderman 2”
Sony fans: “Nah. Try harder.”
Sony fans are not mad at seeing SM2, we all knew it would be there

The problems for me were it didn't look that great after some of the things that were said plus its not a Showcase ender

Flutta

Banned
What is Hermen really thrilled and proud about? I don't get it. You are so full of shit, the toilet’s jealous. You just had one of the worst showcases in history..... the bad taste in my mouth refuses to leave:pie_fearful:. The amount of degeneracy, greed, mediocracy that was on display yesterday should make you ashamed of yourself.

Hermen just..
Boombox Shut Up GIF

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Had they simply hosted a State of Play rather than calling it a PlayStation Showcase, I'm convinced they would've side-stepped most of the disappointment and criticism we're seeing.

Disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. Still plenty of awesome games to play in the meantime.

DarthPutin

They need to hire professional (not sure what position would be called, someone in the marketing) who knows how to make showcases pop. Sure people would still bitch because of lacking content, but I feel like even "hype" announcements felt pretty subdued.

"Here is random indie, here is GAAS - but you won't know what it is because we have short CGI trailer with no people, here is random indie, here is return of MSG solid oh and we're straight into VR, and now we're back..." Dunno. It just doesn't feel impactful. It should be either shorter or have more structure.

Also, if that's their standard for showcase, I am not sure why they couldn't throw something together last year (to avoid expectations build-up). There were so many third parties they have marketing agreement with, add Silent Hill Remake, throw in something CGI for 1st party, attach to GOW deep dive, and you're good to go.

Last edited:
If it was called a 3rd party showcase with the caveat of looking at a few first party studio titles then literally nobody would have a problem with that but nope they set expectations too damn high especially after 2 years...at least they've been releasing quality software this gen I'll give'em that but the second half of the generation looks bleak. I'm sure we'll get a September showcase we usually do hopefully

SlimySnake

What is Hermen really thrilled and proud about? I don't get it. You are so full of shit, the toilet’s jealous. You just had one of the worst showcases in history..... the bad taste in my mouth refuses to leave:pie_fearful:. The amount of degeneracy, greed, mediocracy that was on display yesterday should make you ashamed of yourself.

Hermen just..
Boombox Shut Up GIF
lol exactly. what are you proud of? SIX CG trailers made by trailer houses? Indie games you had fuck all to do with? A spiderman game that looked so dated people actually questioning if its a cross gen game?

I saw this dude tweet about the new firewalk game saying it will be special. probably a dev over at Firewalk. Yeah, so special you couldnt even cut any gameplay footage to show it off. Looks like gaas trash, smells like gaas trash, bet it will turn out to be gaas trash.

I think everyone in the industry is out of touch when they say stuff like this. they are delusional if they think this was something people liked, let alone be proud of.

P.S I told you guys that him going to SSM and tweeting about them means they wont be at the show. He was just pulling tricks from Philbo's book.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Tell your team to bring the same energy too to their favorite brand (they don't in contrast). Gaming would be better as a whole, if so.

Even you were going hard in the paint defending Xbox and Phil a couple of weeks back.

Phil has been absolutely reemed for the last few weeks. By everyone. The hardest green rats have going after him

And deservedly so.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Seems kinda weird to expect any kind of announcement out of those studios when so many of them barely just shipped their latest projects.

Santa Monica? God of War barely just came out.
Sucker Punch? Barely 2 years since GoT, and they were hard at work updating and bringing it to next gen.
Bluepoint, Housemarque? They shipped one of the first PS5 exclusives 2 years ago.
Bend? Yeah, probably working as a support studio after Days Gone flopped, sorry.
Naughty Dog? Also shipped a new game about 2 years ago and then released a remake of the previous one.
Guerrilla? Are you fucking mad, bro? 2 games and a giant expansion to one of them in the last year alone.

Chill the fuck out. Making video games takes a long time, you know. Don't worry, new games will come eventually. Touch grass in the meantime.

Top Bottom