• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst teases future Sony collaborations with FromSoftware

Three

The entire point of VR is to put yourself in the game’s world. It envelopes you and you interact with it in ways not possible with standard games.
With a third person view it just becomes a standard videogame - just in 3D. There’s no point in going VR if you’re not making use of its strengths. You could achieve those same float around and see what’s up ahead with any regular game.
You need to play some Astrobot stat.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So astrobot rescue is bad, just standard, now? Any VR game works with improved immersion no matter if first or third person. The point is being in the world. First person might be best but if you would need to change the game make something else or of it, it is more work than necessary. O If you are lazy, only 3D, cinema mode, would be my bare minimum mandate if I were Sony. Any company that's worth anything should be able to do proper VR with that much time to know that VR exists and what needs to be done with effects and what can't be faked the same way, without needing to change the viewpoint.

You need to play some Astrobot stat.

I’m not on PlayStation so I’ve never played Astrobot.

For me and I’m assuming most people, the VR immersion is gone once you’re merely observing the game instead of being in it. I don’t know how Astrobot plays, but third person Dark Souls in VR would be no different then pancake Dark Souls. It’d be lame as hell.

It goes against what VR is about, and there’s no debate to that. There’s a reason why every VR game is set through your eyes and your limbs.

sachos

A Bloodborne Remaster release on the same day for PS5 and PC would break the internet, a man can dream.

Top Bottom