• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Ga, what are you thoughts on Gaming Chair???

What are you thoughts on Gaming Chair?

• Gaming Chairs sucks

Votes: 98 57.3%
  • Gaming Chairs are awesosme

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • Never tried one so idk

Votes: 42 24.6%

• Total voters

SSfox

Hi everyone,

So i bought a gaming chair recently, this one specifically https://www.gamingchairsireland.ie/products/kirogi-gaming-chair-with-footrest-lumbar-support

It's weird because all i read was good thing about it, but i found it really bad tbh, i don't know maybe i'm missing something but it's really not that great specially for the price, hope i can bring it back and get refunds.

For those who use, or used those kind of "gaming chair", what are you thoughts on those?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Gaming chairs can be great.
Secretlab 2022 is basically Herman miller for 500 bucks.
I have the fabric white version. Fabric is very good, breathable and the chair got all the adjustments possible.
And it looks good. Not even very gamey

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Easy marketing to appeal to gamers. A proper office chair is just as good or even better.

As someone who has both, what's intresting to me is when I see videos from youtubers how much of a huge scam gamer chairs are they always magically seem to be able to get some office chair for half the price... yet its missing like half the adjustable pieces of the higher end office chairs that gaming chairs also include.

I actually ended up with my office supplying me with a gaming chair during lockdown, because finding an office chair with the same requirements for adjustability, especially the adjustable headrest was MUCH MORE expensive, yet they always show that same stupid IKEA chair which has no adjustable lumbar support, headrest or the ability for the back to adjust and go "SEE ITS A SCAM"

Don't get me wrong there is some cheap and shitty over priced bucket chairs, but in the exact same vein there are cheap and shitty office chairs. Lone consumers cannot take advantage of buying in bulk either or writing it off as an office expense avoiding tax, which is one of the big reasons office chairs are cheaper.

See the issue?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Shit marketed to Elite Gamers™.

As cocaine witcher says above, they're not "scams", they're still chairs, and there's plenty of office chairs that aren't worth the money either. If you can find one that works for you, great. In my own searches I could find an office chair that provided better support every time, I've owned several of each and sold two gaming chairs out of disappointment.

best chairs ever! i can't go back to a normal chair. since getting my gaming chair my console framerates have gone way up and winning more matches online! i'm invincible with my gamer chair cause it makes me go fast and be better than everyone!! totally worth all my parents money.

/s

they are a waste of money. it's a fucking chair. it's marketing bullshit. you can get much higher quality chairs for less. it does nothing to improve your gaming. anyone who buys one has more money than brains.

BigBooper

As someone who has both, what's intresting to me is when I see videos from youtubers how much of a huge scam gamer chairs are they always magically seem to be able to get some office chair for half the price... yet its missing like half the adjustable pieces of the higher end office chairs that gaming chairs also include.

I actually ended up with my office supplying me with a gaming chair during lockdown, because finding an office chair with the same requirements for adjustability, especially the adjustable headrest was MUCH MORE expensive, yet they always show that same stupid IKEA chair which has no adjustable lumbar support, headrest or the ability for the back to adjust and go "SEE ITS A SCAM"

Don't get me wrong there is some cheap and shitty over priced bucket chairs, but in the exact same vein there are cheap and shitty office chairs. Lone consumers cannot take advantage of buying in bulk either or writing it off as an office expense avoiding tax, which is one of the big reasons office chairs are cheaper.

See the issue?
That's true, but I think there's also expectations of material quality you get with the office names. Also, personal opinion, but the "gamer" aesthetic is usually garish.

I know what you mean, because I ended up buying a generic chair back in 2013 with all the adjustments I needed and it works just fine still. It was around $150 back then.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Never got a good one the cheap o one my brother got at one point was trash, I’d rather spend the extra on an nice office chair. The $$ are prob ok but still ugly as fuck.

nikos

Do yourself a favor and buy a Herman Miller. You won’t have to shop for a chair in a very long time, if ever, and your back will thank you.

K' Dash

I got one for my son last Christmas and that shit is as uncomfortable as it gets.

Lil dude is happy with it though.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Also, just throwing this out there - you don't need to buy something like a Herman Miller for $1200 new. There's a ton of great refurbs online for half that from offices who no longer need them thanks to moving to working from home. I'm sitting in one right now.

Probably the best £450 I've spent in my life. I work and game at my PC so am often sat here 12+ hours a day and never get a bad back any more.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This is the true gaming chair I use:

electric-recliner-chair-500x500.jpg

Lunarorbit

I have nothing against alanah pierce but whenever I hear gaming chair I can't but help think of her shilling cyberpunk 2077 in that chair that CD projeckt red gave her.

The fact that the game was an unmitigated disaster at launch makes her endorsement and advertisement of the game even more embarrassing.

I don't play pc games but I have a 10 year old cloth office chair from staples I bought to game in when I had no furniture that isn't too bad. Mostly I sit on the couch or a leather love seat to play games nowadays.

Aenima

My gaming chair is my bed. For computer i use an office chair. Some Youtubers i follow already retired they gaming chairs and got office chairs as they are more confortable for long periods of time.

Last edited:

Braag

I've had 2 gaming chairs. My previous one was terrible. I didn't like how it pushed my shoulders forward from the sides and overall sitting for more than an hour felt bad.
I have a Noblechair now and it's hell of a lot better. Sturdier and feels great to sit on.

Tell me about it. love it!
The only issue is noisy lumbar support. But secretlab will send me a whole new backrest no problem.
sGWeV3Y.jpeg

Buy a roller blade wheel kit for your chair, they are so much better than the shitty plastic rollers chairs come with. I can kick off my desk and roll across the whole house. Even carpet is do-able. My set is 5 years old and the wheels are still like brand new.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Buy a roller blade wheel kit for your chair, they are so much better than the shitty plastic rollers chairs come with. I can kick off my desk and roll across the whole house. Even carpet is do-able. My set is 5 years old and the wheels are still like brand new.
Isn't it too annoyingly freewheeling then ?
The wheels I have now are very hard to roll. These are stock rubberized secretlab wheels

They're rubbish and break easily. Have also heard most of them are rebrands.
Have heaps of friends and work colleagues who hate them. Have one myself and the right armrest started tearing up barely 3 months into owning it.

Won't ever buy again.

Ellery

Depending on how many hours per day you sit on a chair I think investing 1000$ or even more is well worth it. Unless you are 18 years old, immortal and your body regenerates over night then you can afford to sit on a gaming chair.

Also things that have gamer in the name are usually worse, or well the same, but cost more money than an equal substitute. And even that is probably an insult to actual chairs, because 120$ staples chairs are probably better.

turnpaper

Banned
This is the true gaming chair I use:

electric-recliner-chair-500x500.jpg
Best Office Chair For Buttock Pain
I'm looking for a pc gaming chair for my 15 year old, 6'2" 250 pound, son who typically spends at least 5 hours a day gaming on his pc. Unfortunately when I purchased his last chair I didn't realize that he was going to love gaming so much and purchased just a basic office chair for about $85 (I know, bad father).

Now that I know better I'd like to purchase him something better than that and something that is actually geared toward gaming comfort.

Is it possible to get that for under $200? If so, what are some of the best gaming chairs for under $200?

If not, how much do you have to pay to get a quality gaming chair?

I heard great things about the GTRacing GT099 but then started digging into more and more reviews and it seems like it may not be as great as I first thought. Therefore I decided to come here to the experts.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited:

iHaunter

Only "Gaming" chair I trust is the one I have. It's not even technically a gaming chair, it was advertised as such much later on. Logitech Embody.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
They always seem tacky and part of twitch streamer starter kit. That said I bet they're comfy ergonomically so so.

I dont sit behind a desk and prefer a fauteul, have my eyes on this

Also enough chance for lumbar support

Last edited:
Top Bottom