• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Nintendudes how is Kirby and the Forgotton Lands?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I enjoyed it for what it was. Better than most other Kirby games I've played before.

It's firmly a children's game. You'll rarely ever be in any real danger. Play it for the stuff rather than the game itself.

Impotaku

So's I gotta a special deals for 2 games with my Switch OLED points and one of them I can choose from is Kirby and the Forgotten Lands

Does it lives up to the hype?
There's a demo on the eshop so you can actually try it yourself before buying but yes out of the Kirby games it;s up there as one of the best if not THE best i got bored of the side scrolling ones been playing them since the famicom/gb era it's not that they are bad but once you have played most they all start to feel like playing the same game. That's where the newest one managed to make things fresh again.

Aldric

It's ok. Obviously very easy but looks good, cool OST and pretty great level design with lots of ideas, great pacing in the way they're introduced as well. It's like the definition of a 7/10. Deeper combat than Elden Ring too (is joke jajajajaja... or is it???).

Last edited:

cireza

the best kirby since robobot on 3DS and a top 5 worthy title when ranking the franchise, don't know what cireza cireza is smoking
Well I don't know what I am smoking either to be frank, I will tell you when I get more details about it.

Otherwise I was saying that I preferred Triple Deluxe and Robobot, and you didn't even express a different opinion. Are you sure you are not on drugs as well ?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Well I don't know what I am smoking either to be frank, I will tell you when I get more details about it.

Otherwise I was saying that I preferred Triple Deluxe and Robobot, and you didn't even express a different opinion. Are you sure you are not on drugs as well ?
it was nothign more than a playful jab, though it admittedly came from me not understanding why you'd perfer the 3DS titles (especially triple deluxe) to Forgotten Lands

I'd assume 'the best kirby since' means that this new game is on par or superior to the previous top best. So i definitely perfer forgotten lands to Robobot, not the same opinion

MagnesD3

It's one of the better ones, I had alot of fun with it but I still wish the games forced the player to use thier abilities in interesting ways. I hope they make a full 3d one eventually.

Doom85

It's firmly a children's game. You'll rarely ever be in any real danger.

Wait What GIF by Willie Jones

The hell kind of games are you playing that puts you in REAL danger? Virtual danger, sure, but real? Did you buy some extreme version of Elden Ring that also came with a person holding a grenade and a note that simply, “no death run, do it, you better not fuck up…”

BlackTron

Kirby isn't my favorite but I wish most Nintendo characters had as clean a transition from 2D to 3D. I liked the demo which went on surprisingly long.

Kirby is where I officially draw the line with my Nintendo fandom and can't buy the game for full on sixty bucks. It was the game I got old and cheap at funcoland as a kid and that's when I was a kid.

For a while there it seemed like Kirby was becoming more of a Smash mascot character than his own game.

Batiman

Banned
I enjoyed it for what it was. Better than most other Kirby games I've played before.

It's firmly a children's game. You'll rarely ever be in any real danger. Play it for the stuff rather than the game itself.
Perfect answer

MagnesD3

Kirby isn't my favorite but I wish most Nintendo characters had as clean a transition from 2D to 3D. I liked the demo which went on surprisingly long.

Kirby is where I officially draw the line with my Nintendo fandom and can't buy the game for full on sixty bucks. It was the game I got old and cheap at funcoland as a kid and that's when I was a kid.

For a while there it seemed like Kirby was becoming more of a Smash mascot character than his own game.
Whats sucks is it has alot of potential, if they were only willing to push the gameplay beyond its surface level in the level/challenge design and kick it to full 3d it could be crazy good.

It's all about Abandoned Beach for me ✌️

It's probably one of the better non 2D kirby's I've ever played. Would probably be incredibly fun with a 2nd younger player
Also the music for the lightbulb levels In the dark were bangers as well.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Whats sucks is it has alot of potential, if they were only willing to push the gameplay beyond its surface level in the level/challenge design and kick it to full 3d it could be crazy good.

It could be, but I get it. It's super easy by design, for kids. It is babies first Nintendo game. It's meant to fill a role that Mario doesn't, so instead of elevating it to Mario's level, they can make another Mario game and let Kirby be Kirby.

It can be quite fun if you go for 100% completion. Trying to figure out the secret objectives before they spell it out for you once you finish the level really brings out the best of the level and environment design.

I started it last week or so to play alongside Zelda and it’s been a fantastic journey, I’m almost done with it and I feel like it’s a top 3 Kirby game for me.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Also the music for the lightbulb levels In the dark were bangers as well.
This is whats off with Kirby

Its stylish, has amazing music,fun mechanics and at times,can get pretty serious.

But the low difficulty/challenge and lack of change in gameplay makes it a title not appealing to many core gamers, unlike say Mario ,Metroid or Donkey Kong(lol i remember when everbody complained about DK)

Last edited:

MagnesD3

This is whats off with Kirby

Its stylish, has amazing music,fun mechanics and at times,can get pretty serious.

But the low difficulty/challenge and lack of change in gameplay makes it a title not appealing to many core gamers, unlike say Mario ,Metroid or Donkey Kong(lol i remember when everbody complained about DK)
Yeah the lack of meaningful interesting challenge or engagement with your mind is really what makes it only ever just good.

People complained about DK? Man I prefer the 2d Games to 2d mario honestly, the variety, challenge, and music has always been excellent.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Yeah the lack of meaningful interesting challenge or engagement with your mind is really what makes it only ever just good.

People complained about DK? Man I prefer the 2d Games to 2d mario honestly, the variety, challenge, and music has always been excellent.
when Fans throwed a big temper tantrum because it wasn't Metroid 🤣
i <3 Metroid but the series was on rest at the time,they tried a risk with Other M and unfortunately didn't worked out, Tropical Freeze was at development by the time and it made sense to release a sequel to the well recieved Returns.

Nintendo cares a lot about Metroid, they just needed some time to carefully plan what the next steps would be,meanwhile Donkey Kong didn't had such acclaimed games from SNES to Wii

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Polished game as usual from Nintendo... but as they said, it's for kids.

But not for kids like Super Mario which has multiple layers of approaches, so a kid can play it but you can master it and do impossible speed runs.

It's for kids because it's very simple, easy and mono layered, except for some timed races.

kevm3

Best Kirby game I've played. Enjoyed it more than Mario Odyssey actually. Try the demo out to see if you like it.

Calverz

It’s a very kiddy game. My son loves it but it’s pretty easy. It’s a bit repetitive for me personally.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I got it with Zelda TOTK in the Voucher but haven't played much, it's very good so far, just what you expect from Kirby... don't expect depth on nothing, it's just a pretty good and simple game to sit and relax

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
My fingers feel to fats right now to likes all yours posts but thank yous for the advices my friends I am going to downloads now

ryzen1

I watched my kid playing. Had much fun with the games.
But would'nt play them myself. Guess I'm out of the Nintendo age :D

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I watched my kid playing. Had much fun with the games.
But would'nt play them myself. Guess I'm out of the Nintendo age :D
Haves it downloaded TOTK and Metroid are Nintendo's maturez franchises don't like much else will gets around to trying Kirby when I'm done with the GOAT

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Wait What GIF by Willie Jones

The hell kind of games are you playing that puts you in REAL danger? Virtual danger, sure, but real? Did you buy some extreme version of Elden Ring that also came with a person holding a grenade and a note that simply, “no death run, do it, you better not fuck up…”

I play VR with a semi-automatic strapped to my head. If I die in the game, well...

Top Bottom