• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH Began Development In 2017 According To Director

If I want gamer cred with my new publishing studio, Magic Carpet Games, I'm not allowed to buy IP, or existing studio resources.
My goal is not to make money, just get that cred.

If I want to make money with, Magic Carpet Games, I'm going to need to ditch the cred.
posts and posts saying I did nothing to get these games out the door just making money.

RGB'D

Yes, but obviously it would have been on PS5. There would have been no reason for them not to do that.

And it's not like it was just a super early prototype when they were acquired if development started in 2017.
I'm just quoting what the director said. It could have been moneyhatted by PS like Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop. Or it could have been moneyhatted by MS. Either way, there were no console specific release plans when the acquisition went through and whether there was a hypothetical PS release or not, the truth is that no PS version ever existed.

lol didn’t the same video the Twitter user is referencing in the same interview the developer said there was never a PlayStation version that the game was always only a PC version cause they didn’t even have consoles in mind not knowing if it was going to be green lit. So if anything Microsoft buying them probably made this game see the light of day considering bathesda didn’t have to burden the financial risk anymore. So wtf is point to be made by the OP?

Famipan

I feel bad for all Japanese players who won’t play HFR because they don’t own an Xbox or PC.
If they released this for PS4/5/Switch this game could have made HUGE success.

I can imagine some Tango devs lending out Series S to friends to be able to show their work.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I feel bad for all Japanese players who won’t play HFR because they don’t own an Xbox or PC.

I can imagine some Tango devs lending out Series S to friends to be able to show their work.

They can play it on PC, or yeah buy a cheap series s if they really want to play it.

It's why games like this exist....

Ozriel

M$FT

GamePass exists. Lots of people played their game.
But I’m sure Tango appreciates your concern.

Banned

PC is an insanely fast growing market in japan.
as Sony starts to censor more games this will continue

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

How do you know it was not a huge success? What is success for you, selling millions of copies? The game could be made thanks to the xbox ecosystem, Johanas said it himself.
Deal with it.

Also this game would never run on a switch at the FPS you need to play it which is 60fps minimum.

Top Bottom