• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Well, got to the parry mechanic part of the game. I hate this mechanic in any game, especially when they force on you with certain enemies like those laser turrets. Anyone who is further along than R&D, does that become a common enemy to fight?
Speaking of telegraphed attacks. Go into training and just watch their weapon for the shine animation and sound. Then hit 1 beat later. Just watch for the shine not the whole attack.

Last edited:
Games fun. I like the partner mechanics with the girl shooting and the grapple - I actually like how the partner works a lot, but now it’s making me wish this was not a rhythm game. I don’t really understand them I’m realizing, feel like I’m hitting the button on the between between the ones I’m supposed to

GametimeUK

I'm getting a load of stutter on this game on Gamepass for PC. What the gell is going on? I don't know what's happening. I tried it on Steam and it's buttery smooth, but on Gamepass I'm getting atrocious stutter during gameplay.

Series X is fine, but nowhere near the 115fps goodness it was on Steam. Anyone else having stutter on gamepass for PC?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Did you give yourself gold? What a legend.

gold.gif

I was gonna renew it anyway so might as well use it for some goofy trolling.:messenger_winking_tongue:

GHG

Gold Member
Can confirm the game has full dolby atmos support on PC and its fucking awesome. It's just a shame that the latency on my Philips OLED is that bit slower than on my CX, so it will take a bit of adjusting playing it across both my main PC and laptop.

clarky

Gold Member
I'm getting a load of stutter on this game on Gamepass for PC. What the gell is going on? I don't know what's happening. I tried it on Steam and it's buttery smooth, but on Gamepass I'm getting atrocious stutter during gameplay.

Series X is fine, but nowhere near the 115fps goodness it was on Steam. Anyone else having stutter on gamepass for PC?
No problems on GP here. 3070ti laptop and get 240fps most of the time. Its the best running game i've played for a while. Makes a nice change.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

Runs fine on PC game pass for me, nice 120fps.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Wow. Finally checked out the achievement list. Its pretty hardcore. Guess there's a hard, very hard and rhythm master difficulty.

DaGwaphics

Wow. Finally checked out the achievement list. Its pretty hardcore. Guess there's a hard, very hard and rhythm master difficulty.

I figured it must be, I've been playing on normal in a pedestrian fashion and haven't been getting many achievements, haha. I'll have to see if I can do better on my second run through it. However, I've just finished the first boss (Rekka), so, I'm not that deep into it yet.

DaGwaphics

I'd kill for an AAA action adventure game with same art style but with a darker tone to it.

It's literally my dream game.

I was reading an article about it and they said the game was UE4. I had never seen this style done this well on Unreal before, I didn't pay attention to the opening screens (plus on Xbox you only see these once anyway) and had assume this was something custom. They really could use this technique in any type of game, it really plays just like a classic Saturday morning cartoon.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I've just spotted something that is a major flaw, unless I'm stupid? Which I know I am.

The latency audio screen doesn't actually affect the game it just allows you to identify if you have latecy....with nothing to resolve it!

How is this possible in 2023, just give us a setting to tap the x button in time with the beeps and sync your video to the audio.

My only complaint as I can't play this on my xbox using my LG CX and sonos arc set up as there is just too much delay.

Gutted.

Back to my steam PC version it is then. I wanted to unlock achievements.

I'll try with my xbox headset and that might fix it.

Last edited:

BizarroPete

I've just spotted something that is a major flaw, unless I'm stupid? Which I know I am.

The latency audio screen doesn't actually affect the game it just allows you to identify if you have latecy....with nothing to resolve it!

How is this possible in 2023, just give us a setting to tap the x button in time with the beeps and sync your video to the audio.

My only complaint as I can't play this on my xbox using my LG CX and sonos arc set up as there is just too much delay.

Gutted.

You're supposed to move the cat icon so it flashes with the sound.

Esppiral

Every mission so far has taken my 50-55 minutes to finish. I don't know how many there are though but they did show all the bosses... so I would say around 7-8...?

But I think replayability is very high.

Honestly, this is probably the best rhythm game I've played.
I am starting stage 4 and I am already 8h in. Edit actually 9h 21'

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

Gutted.

Yeh I noticed that when getting the game set up with my atmos setup. I thought I'd be able to change the delay there but no dice.

In the gameplay setting there's a low latency setting (or words to that effect l, can't remember exactly what it was called). Turn that off, it should improve things if you're running it through a HT setup.

You're supposed to move the cat icon so it flashes with the sound.

The only function of that is to inform you of whether your latency is within the recommend range. Moving it doesn't change anything and it doesn't stick after you change it and exit the menu.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeh I noticed that when getting the game set up with my atmos setup. I thought I'd be able to change the delay there but no dice.

In the gameplay setting there's a low latency setting (or words to that effect l, can't remember exactly what it was called). Turn that off, it should improve things if you're running it through a HT setup.

The only function of that is to inform you of whether your latency is within the recommend range. Moving it doesn't change anything and it doesn't stick after you change it and exit the menu.

Thx man, I'll try that. Just pumping with headphones now and that's fixed it but will try later.

VN1X

Banned
Just beat the 2nd level and man... this game is so so good. I know 2023 has just barely started but I can already see this being a GOTY contender, for me anyway.

Got a good chuckle out of the screensaver gag lol.

Playing this via Steam and capped my fps at 163 (slightly below my refresh rate so I can enjoy that sweet sweet Freesync Premium).

If I uncap the framerate it sits at the 240-300 range.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I wonder what's going on under the hood when the game manages to keep a rock solid fps (of your choosing basically) throughout, especially with complicated scenes such as the one below. For instance Deadlink and Roboquest, two games that also have stylized/cell-shaded visuals and use UE4, don't come close to this type of performance during heavy scenes. I wonder if it's just an engineering effort or the fact that those other two studios don't have the same resources available compared to Tango. Or maybe a bit of both. Stellar performance for Hi-Fi in any case!

wt0ewYY.jpg

EDIT: lol I realize the image actually says "140 FPS" bottom right but that's due to the Steam screenshot taken at that time. :p

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I hope so! We'll see as the months go on, I guess.

I've been playing it and I love the shit out of it. Absolutely a 9/10. I'm not complaining about the game, I'm worried it won't get the notice it deserves.
This is a new IP for Xbox. Bank on it! I can't believe they just dropped a heavy hitters like it was a damn ice cream scoop left on the sidewalk. Like, wut??

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Every mission so far has taken my 50-55 minutes to finish. I don't know how many there are though but they did show all the bosses... so I would say around 7-8...?

It's 12 hours. It's a pretty beefy campaign, surprisingly. Can't BELIEVE they just dropped this shit out of nowhere. Madd...

anthony2690

Banned

12 stages I think a review said.
12 hours on average to beat.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

I find the writing/dialogue so far to be surprisingly weak and flaccid. I had hoped for something with more attitude but instead it's a fairly safe morning cartoon story. I doubt kids even play these games.

Last edited:

Jennings

These beat syncing games are awful. That metalsinger game was never heard from again
This game is a ton better than Metalsinger. Partially because the enemies are less spongy and poor beat accuracy is less severely punished, but mostly because the combat better suits the rhythm dynamic.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
These beat syncing games are awful. That metalsinger game was never heard from again

Can promise you both games are awesome, but this one will have staying power for various reasons over metalhellsinger. That was for metal fans, this has a much broader appeal. You should try it. Game is legit great!

twilo99

GP version running at smooth 1440p/165fps for me

I’m not sure if I actually like this game or not. I’m having fun so far but I get the feeling I’ll lose interest at some point. My son really likes it tho.

clarky

Gold Member
I’m not sure if I actually like this game or not. I’m having fun so far but I get the feeling I’ll lose interest at some point. My son really likes it tho.
i felt the same but the game keeps chucking new toys at you and the variety is there. I hardly ever play games like this anymore but ill definitely finish this one for sure.

Without game pass i never would have given it a second look.

Last edited:
i felt the same but the game keeps chucking new toys at you and the variety is there. I hardly ever play games like this anymore but ill definitely finish this one for sure.

Without game pass i never would have given it a second look.
This is what I can’t say enough of about Game Pass: I can try anything on the service, even series and genres I previously had no interest in. And sometimes the games don’t resonate but sometimes they do, and I’ve played and beat a lot of games that I’d have otherwise, like you, never given a second thought to. This could be one of them.

BizarroPete

That only allows you to identify latency, it doesn't actually adjust anything. Bit of a major over site.

Answer, plug headphones into your controller, enjoy the jams and start smashing those A and S ranks.
Ah that's lame. I didn't try adjusting it because was in sync for me. Hopefully they'll update this.

Finally beat Mimosa! This game keeps on keeping on.
Xbox needs to release a versioin of the Series X that looks like 808. I would buy that.
Or how bout a charging stand for the controller?

Orbital2060

Ive played up to learning the parry in the third level and its apparently 12 levels so it looks like a pretty nornal sized action game 20 hour minimum for me since im at 8 hours already. 20-30 hours. And I was gonna press on with Persona 5 this weekend. Not complaining though, game is freakin awesome.

025d5746-e4f6-4d7c-a8sif9b.gif

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I find the writing/dialogue so far to be surprisingly weak and flaccid. I had hoped for something with more attitude but instead it's a fairly safe morning cartoon story. I doubt kids even play these games.
Kids don't watch morning cartoons.

Top Bottom