• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

Draugoth

Gold Member

From Tango Gameworks, makers of The Evil Within comes...something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! Hi-Fi RUSH is an all-new action game where everything you do syncs to the beat! Available TODAY on Xbox Series X|S via Xbox Game Pass & PC!

Open up the mosh pit for Hi-Fi Rush, a unique rhythm-action experience where the world moves to the beat, out TODAY on Xbox Series X|S, and PC via the Microsoft Store, Steam, and Epic Games Store. Hi-Fi Rush is also available to all Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass members!

As wannabe rockstar Chai, you’ll fight back against a sinister robotics enhancement conglomerate using rhythm-amplified combat where everything – from the motion in the environment to the blows of combat – is synced to the music. Raise your guitar high and feel the beat in this utterly all-new title from Tango Gameworks, the team behind The Evil Within® and Ghostwire®: Tokyo. (We were surprised, too!)

Chai Versus the World

After a diabolical corporation mistakenly fuses a music player to Chai’s heart, he is quickly labeled a ‘defect,’ with hordes of corporate drones (read: an actual robot horde) hellbent on recalling him! Now armed with the power to feel the beat of the world around him, it’s up to Chai to battle through each department of the robotic monolith to stop their evil schemes with his new, rhythmically enhanced combat skills!

Hi-Fi Rush character art

Feel. The. Beat

Everything in Hi-Fi Rush automatically syncs to the music, from swinging your trusty “axe” to dodging out of the way of an oversized metallic fist. The game isn’t locked to the music track, however – Hi-Fi Rush is rhythm-action with the emphasis on “action.” Players must feel the rhythm to enhance Chai’s actions, pulling off heavy Beat Hits at the end of a combo like a cymbal crash, or syncing up with one of his allies for a devastating tag-team finisher. In Hi-Fi Rush, every battle is an opportunity to play out your own music video fantasy, seamlessly coordinating all your moves with the soundtrack.

Rowdy Rebels Vs. Badass Bosses

The maladjusted megacorp after Chai would sooner swallow nails than let a single supposed defect ruin their bottom line. With the help of some newfound allies, however, Chai may just have what it takes to rumble his way up the corporate ladder, with each department culminating in a cinematic face-off with its boss – complete with their own musical track!

Hi-Fi Rush Screenshot

Grab Your Headphones

Speaking of music, Hi-Fi Rush features a killer mixtape of both licensed and original songs to tap your toes (or if you prefer, bang your head) to, each synced to their own levels in the game. Worried about playing licensed music during a stream? Fret not: Hi-Fi Rush includes a streamer-friendly alternate audio mode which replaces those licensed songs with original tracks made especially for streaming Hi-Fi Rush.

Amp It Up With The Hi-Fi Rush Deluxe Edition

Wanna crank things to 11? Get yourself some bonus swag with the Hi-Fi Rush Deluxe Upgrade Pack! Mix up your look with some special cosmetics, plus Gears for a head start on unlocking skills & upgrades.

Deluxe-Edition-Asset-copy-0dee4142e9f30880ce18.jpg

In addition to the base Hi-Fi Rush game, the Deluxe Edition also includes:

• Two Chai outfits*
  • Seven bonus Chai t-shirts
  • 808-Themed Guitar Skin
  • 808 Alternate Skin
  • 20,000 Gears for unlocking combat skills and other upgrades. (Note: Gears are obtained through combat and exploration in-game and not available as a purchasable currency.)
Players who already own Hi-Fi Rush can also purchase the Deluxe Edition Upgrade, which adds all the additional Deluxe Edition content to your game! Both the Deluxe Edition and the Deluxe Edition upgrade can be purchased via the Microsoft Store.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

So disappointed. I fell in love with Tangos work because of The Evil Within and Ghostwire Tokyo, not colorful rythm games with awful esthetic. It's cool that they are trying something else, you need to switch it up sometime and just do something else once in a while, but I hope Tango and Shinji Mikami returns to the horror genre soon.

anthony2690

Banned
So disappointed. I fell in love with Tangos work because of The Evil Within and Ghostwire Tokyo, not colorful rythm games with awful esthetic. It's cool that they are trying something else, you need to switch it up sometime and just do something else once in a while, but I hope Tango and Shinji Mikami returns to the horror genre soon.
You do know they will continue to make horror games too right?

Tokyo Ghostwire will come to Xbox in March, and I'm sure they will make another in the future.

Is allowing a smaller passion project such a bad thing? I personally think it looks great.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Looks cool, we should celebrate when devs try new things.

Tengo is one of those studios that might not be a commercial powerhouse but usually brings good stuff a little off-center.
And that's exactly what mikami has been signalling for a while, tango is gonna work on smaller games to let junior staff members have a crack at directing. They're the one studio, for me, that stings with not being on PS moving forward. 😢

Spyxos

I'm afraid it's very short and that's why it just comes out of nowhere, but this is sooo much my game. I need another Sunset Overdrive in my life.

mdkirby

Why are so many games having such shitty cheesy self referential writing/dialogue at the moment.

“Yep, that’s me…blah blah blah drivel”

This does it, forspoken does it, red fall does it. It’s like there’s no competent writers. Maybe I’m just old and everything is being made to appeal to zoomers and zoomers just have terrible tastes…or companies think this is what zoomers want and like, so they are writing the same trash cringe over and over in a misguided attempt to appeal to them, but they hate it too 🤷‍♂️

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Oh shit, launches today? Well that's a nice surprise. Looks cool. I could never get my head around metal hellsinger so hopefully this works better than that.

Gives me Sunset Overdrive vibes.
Big time. Both in good ways and in the "funny in tone but never actually makes you laugh" way.

Top Bottom