• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

K8OjQsK.jpg

GametimeUK

GP version running at smooth 1440p/165fps for me
Thank you and thanks to everyone who replied to me. I have no idea what's causing these stutters. It seemed like it was synced up to gameplay actions like when I knocked a cone over I got a stutter etc. This only happened on Gamepass. The game was flawless on Steam for me.

Really bizarre, but now I'm going to have to go down the rabbit hole and find out what the hell is causing it.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I haven't played such an engaging action game in a long time. I think it's the best rhythm game I've ever played. I like some of those rhythm FPS games but these mechanic seems like more compatible with this beat em up genre. It's such a clever idea!

They came out of nowhere like Apex Legends and stole my heart right away. Maybe Deathloop would've been more successful if it came out like this? I admire this marketing style. It's risky, but if you trust the job at hand, it can have a bomb effect. Congrats Tango team!

twilo99

Thank you and thanks to everyone who replied to me. I have no idea what's causing these stutters. It seemed like it was synced up to gameplay actions like when I knocked a cone over I got a stutter etc. This only happened on Gamepass. The game was flawless on Steam for me.

Really bizarre, but now I'm going to have to go down the rabbit hole and find out what the hell is causing it.

Maybe change the drive you are installing it on.. doubt that's what it is but it could be

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This is a game that deserves a 93 or 94 metacritic, anything less is a travesty in my opinion. It just gets better and better and is a triumph, a breath of fresh air in a stale cross gen triple A market of safe re treads.

This and returnal are what new generations are about imo. Just gotta hope the reviewers have the skill to see how special it is.

They have managed to strike the right balance of the “.old school feeling” e.g PS2/OG Xbox days and not feeling dated or out of place in these times.

It’s gorgeous too, I hope to see more games that do this style as well as this game does. I’d love to see the likes of Futurama given a gaming resurrection with this team .

It’s nice to genuinely feel good and praise a dev teams work for a change. The team have obviously put a lot of love into this .

GametimeUK

Just gotta hope the reviewers have the skill to see how special it is.
I'm just waiting for "all the times I was forced to fight to the beat when all I wanted was to have a true free combat system". I fear we're going to have reviewers who think the game would be better off as a standard action game and that Hi-Fi RUSH is a cool concept thats ultimately a frustrating experience.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm just waiting for "all the times I was forced to fight to the beat when all I wanted was to have a true free combat system". I fear we're going to have reviewers who think the game would be better off as a standard action game and that Hi-Fi RUSH is a cool concept thats ultimately a frustrating experience.

Early reviews seem positive, all though that one 8 out of ten that says simple combat system makes me question if they even got past the second level. It's far from simple and gets deeper and deeper with each stage.

Genuinely think this is a triumph in combat up there with the likes of bayo and dmc etc.

Early reviews seem positive, all though that one 8 out of ten that says simple combat system makes me question if they even got past the second level. It's far from simple and gets deeper and deeper with each stage.

Genuinely think this is a triumph in combat up there with the likes of bayo and dmc etc.
100% accurate

reinking

Gold Member
I am disappointed.. ...in myself.. ...not the game.

I love everything about the game. It looks great and it runs butter smooth. Game Pass is a bonus. I just can't get into the combat. I am really glad others are enjoying it and giving it the attention it deserves.

GametimeUK

I am disappointed.. ...in myself.. ...not the game.

I love everything about the game. It looks great and it runs butter smooth. Game Pass is a bonus. I just can't get into the combat. I am really glad others are enjoying it and giving it the attention it deserves.
How far in are you and what do you dislike about the combat specifically?

reinking

Gold Member
How far in are you and what do you dislike about the combat specifically?
I’m through the tutorial and next level. IMO, the rhythm is fantastic throughout the world and everything but in the fighting I feel like it throws me off. Not the actual attack but trying to sync it when moving to attack. It causes me to hesitate at times.

Jennings

Currently stuck on Mimosa's third stage. I like the Fiona Apple song playing here (Fast as You Can), it's just too bad it's a remix with the vocals buried deep in the mix. Also love Mimosa's take on the Moira (Schitt's Creek) triple slap.

Last edited:
Currently stuck on Mimosa's third stage. I like the Fiona Apple song playing here (Fast as You Can), it's just too bad it's a remix with the vocals buried deep in the mix. Also love Mimosa's take on the Moira (Schitt's Creek) triple slap.
Mimosa was where I died the most. Took me awhile to memorize the patterns. There's just so much going on. I would like to go back and do it again though. :)

Jennings

Mimosa was where I died the most. Took me awhile to memorize the patterns. There's just so much going on. I would like to go back and do it again though. :)
And the bitch is down. Took a break and then came back and it took about five more tries before I finally got her. I still haven't mastered the fight and was still down at like 1% health when she died. Thank god I can parry well.

The final stage result says I had 11 continues total but I swear it felt more like 25 that fight.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Beat it today. Holy hell what an experience! Mimosa was the hardest boss for me but over all this game was a lot longer and had a lot more going for it than I thought it would. THERE IS NOTHING AA ABOUT THIS GAME!!

The last stage was epic in terms of everything. The stage, the characters coming together, the story coming together, the music was perfect !

This is going to be a hard one for other games to best for me this year.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I feel confident this ends up at over a 90 but like I've said anything less than 93/94 maybe even higher is tragic imo and I don't know what that says about reviewers if that ends up happening tbh.

This is a real big budget, top tier effing video game. The most refreshing GAME in years that literally had everything you could ask for as an action game fan. It doesn't skimp out on anything.

Last edited:

Roberts

It may have already been mentioned in the 16 pages of comments, but anyone else really impressed by some of cutscene/gameplay transitions?

Yeah, I didn’t really put 1+1 together until people started talking about it but it really channels the visual energy of Edgar Wright movies. I didn’t like his two last movies but Spaced, Scott Pilgrim and his Cornetto trilogy really redefined how rhythm, editing and camera tricks can elevate comedy to new levels.

anthony2690

Banned
I feel confident this ends up at over a 90 but like I've said anything less than 93/94 maybe even higher is tragic imo and I don't know what that says about reviewers if that ends up happening tbh.

This is a real big budget, top tier effing video game. The most refreshing GAME in years that literally had everything you could ask for as an action game fan. It doesn't skimp out on anything.
It skimped on a retail release, give me a hard copy retail release to buy please 💪

Null Persp

Well I am impressed, it reminds me of those games during Dreamcast/PS2 era, this game is a visual fest, it has fantastic art style and animations and I love how everything is in sync with the rhythm.
Pretty much has everything to be a hit franchise and a classic cult in the future.
And I didn't expected a NiN's track during a boss fight, that was a pleasant surprise.

Jennings

The Roguefort transformations look fucking badass. The art style and high frame rate in this game just crush the aesthetics of games that aim to check off lists of graphical buzzwords and video card gimmicks. Man I hope this studio gets a lot more work.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Rolled the credits just now. What a fucking amazing game this was. Most fun i've had in a very long time. This will be hard to top this year
How long did it take you to finish? I thought it would be super short but im still chugging along and only about 3 bosses in playing a couple hours here and there.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Beat it today. Holy hell
What a experience! Mimosa was the hardest boss for me but over this game was a lot longer and had a lot more going for than I thought it would. THERE IS NOTHING AA ABOUT THIS GAME!!

The last stage was epic in terms of everything. The stage, the characters coming together, the story coming together, the music was perfect !

This is going to be a hard one for other games to best for me this year.
Yeah, this isn't an AA game. It's literally closer to AAA. I'm not sure why people keep saying it's AA. Play it for yourself. The beefy campaign (11 to 12hr romp) the polish, everything. This is no AA title.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Cant get on the game as my 10 year old daughter has taken over and she's literally grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Such a feel good game and he's getting straight A ranks. Proud of her.

Ivs said it a million time but damn this games special.

Mr Branding

‘The only problem with this game is that it’s too good’ ®
Had a Dmc3 run and my first Bayo 3 playthru coming up but after this I’m afraid I won’t like those as much.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think I'm about half way through (at least, according to the achievements). A few of the QTEs I've had to redo MMMAAAANNNNYYYY times, but otherwise I haven't had too much difficulty with the platforming or fighting. I can typically land about 70% of the attacks with the beat now, so my scores are usually in the B-A range.

Extremely fun, and I'm weirdly invested in the story and characters.

Gaiff

Gold Member
Yo, did Chai
just kill Rekka
and taunted her coworkers about it?

lmao that was cold. And he kept joking afterwards.

Top Bottom