• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

It would work for Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield, but I know they won't do it for Starfield. They could sorta do it, though. Instead of an immediate shadow drop, they can do a 2-3 week Shadow Drop. Shows deep dive then say, "play it yourself in 2 weeks!" *mic drop*
They wont. Marketing is just telling people your product exists. Starfield and Elder Scrolls have millions of casual fans that may not even know unless told. Hence, marketing.

Schmick

image0.jpg

Wtf?

haha mark a game down because there hasnt been enough releases in the last few years? thats some amazing juornalism, BUT, it is the metro so what do you expect. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Haha! Literally, WTF....

....We can't give you a higher score awesome game as your parent company has had a pretty poor release schedule over the last few years..

...that has to be one of the worst comments i've ever seen on a review....Holy poop!
I am not a Metro supporter but thats not how i read it. I dont think the game was marked down because MS havet released games. I think the point being made is that the journalist wants to give the game accolades i.e. 'the best Xbox Series game ever' when really this is the first Xbox Series exclusive MS have produced since launch so giving such a accolade doesnt really have the gravitas the game warrants.

Reizo Ryuu

Just did the mimosa fight, love how they made her slowly but confidently strut towards you and use posing on the beat to telegraph, and then the actual space channel 5 portion and kale doing the "everyone" gary oldman meme; great stuff, all of these boss fights so far ooze personality. At the end when the stage goes dark and cnmn and korsica bump into each other had me dying rofl, that's some comedy gold right there.

Also I'm sure most of y'all have seen the seb and jsf evil within easter egg robots, cause they are in every stage it seems, but there's actually another cool one with the Tango snail in the museum, it looks at a mirror that lights up and gets sucked into it, like evil within.

PacificNW

Hi all. This game took me by complete surprise. I used gamepass from another console to try the game. I liked it enough to buy it fully on my xbox. Fighting and matching the beat took a bit to get used to. But now I am further into the game. I am on Zanzos stage.

Every aspect of this game is incredible. Fighting just gets deeper and deeper, the writing is fantastic, the levels are gorgeous. Every character is really interesting with great animation to boot.

I am loving the game. I also bought the Dead Space remaster. Playing both right now. Great times!

DaGwaphics

It would work for Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield, but I know they won't do it for Starfield. They could sorta do it, though. Instead of an immediate shadow drop, they can do a 2-3 week Shadow Drop. Shows deep dive then say, "play it yourself in 2 weeks!" *mic drop*

True. It would really be something if they did this at an E3 type show with some huge game that no one knew was being made yet. They'd be showing off that big fancy trailer, something that really looked like the next big thing, and once the viewers are thinking that looks amazing you hit them with the "and you can play it tonight" and "will be available at retail in two weeks". It would be interesting to see if you could break the internet with that.

And then you would do your follow on marketing after that.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
It's getting even better

Screenshot_2023-01-30_at_13.43.57.png
They like Sunset Overdrive now?
Now I want to hear about how actually Sunset Overdrive rips off JSR's style.
They know. But now is the time to praise Sunset Overdrive, since Insomniac is owned by someone they shill.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I am casually playing through it, and a few things stand out:

- I wish I could sprint.
- The combos make a big difference if you take the time to learn them.
- Since you only fight in combat areas (so far at least), it's almost relaxing to explore the non-combat areas.
- But I wish I had a map or something, I feel like I am walking past stuff.
- It's nice how you start in the hideout when you start the game.
- The wall of achievements is great. Reminds me of the mural in Smash Bros.
- The art is always impressive. It looks so vibrant and lush.

GHG

Gold Member
I am casually playing through it, and a few things stand out:

- I wish I could sprint.
- The combos make a big difference if you take the time to learn them.
- Since you only fight in combat areas (so far at least), it's almost relaxing to explore the non-combat areas.
- But I wish I had a map or something, I feel like I am walking past stuff.
- It's nice how you start in the hideout when you start the game.
- The wall of achievements is great. Reminds me of the mural in Smash Bros.
- The art is always impressive. It looks so vibrant and lush.

Theres no need for a map because the stages are linear. If you're going for the collectables then just make sure you explore every nook and cranny.

True. It would really be something if they did this at an E3 type show with some huge game that no one knew was being made yet. They'd be showing off that big fancy trailer, something that really looked like the next big thing, and once the viewers are thinking that looks amazing you hit them with the "and you can play it tonight" and "will be available at retail in two weeks". It would be interesting to see if you could break the internet with that.

And then you would do your follow on marketing after that.

Exactly. Games can work like this because word of mouth is a real thing. People talk. Nobody says you can't market once something is already available.

DaGwaphics

^ This game is proof that a very well crafted game can get attention even without being a sequel or being hyped up the wazoo beforehand. This one will get a follow up I'm sure, it will be a good IP for them.

It would be nice to see more games with solid campaigns that opted for the light-hearted approach, dark and gritty can be good as well, but we get so many of those already.

Last edited:

Nydius

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (I skimmed through the other pages), but for the graffiti collectors out there, just know that their placement on the whiteboard does not always correspond with where you'll find them in their respective stages. For example, the second one on the whiteboard for track 3 (graffiti 7) is actually the last one you'll come across before the end of the stage. So you can't judge which ones you've missed by their whiteboard number alone except to know which track they're in.

Here's a screenshot of the complete graffiti whiteboard if you'd like a visual checklist.

Edit: Also, for those hunting all the HR Investigator locations, you can't get to his final location in track 1 until you complete the game and can replay levels. Also, he has two dialogs at that location that you have to listen to.

Last edited:

Alx

I beat the third boss I think
the red-haired girl
. Very entertaining game, it does feel like a Dreamcast game from those golden years where you'd get a bunch of new games from Sega that are creative, good looking and with a polished gameplay.
I'm not getting great scores though (usually an S in time spent, but B at best for rhythm), but I'm getting quite good at parrying. At least I do it intentionally... sometimes. :p I may start playing with a headset plugged into the controller as suggested above, but I usually dislike wearing that stuff when playing.
I wish the chapters were a bit shorter though, I'm probably getting old but there's always a moment where I start thinking "ok send me the boss already, I'd like to go back to the lobby and call it a day".

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What a great surprise release this turned out to be. These are the kinds of things you only expect on big showcase events like E3 (like Gabe appearing on the Sony stage at E3 after years of shitting on them).

Fantastic art, great combat, excellent silky smooth performance and a feature-compete launch which didn't need multiple patches to fix itself.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I love that the main character has his cat on his shoulder. I do that with my dachshunds and threaten my wife that I'm going to shoot her with my dogzooka.

edit- I was wondering why they didn't mention that Tango also made Ghostwire: Tokyo but then I remembered it's PS5 only for consoles. Man, that poor game just can't catch a break. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:
I love that the main character has his cat on his shoulder. I do that with my dachshunds and threaten my wife that I'm going to shoot her with my dogzooka.

edit- I was wondering why they didn't mention that Tango also made Ghostwire: Tokyo but then I remembered it's PS5 only for consoles. Man, that poor game just can't catch a break. :messenger_loudly_crying:
I'm excited to play it in March hopefully. Will get a lot of eyes on it.

twilo99

Funny enough, I probably wouldn't have touched the game if it wasn't for Game Pass. However, I was able it give it a chance and really enjoy it. Game Pass is a true winner in my eyes.

It has happened to me with at least 10 games in the last year... It's the point of the service, especially when you consider xcloud the ease of access to new games is at an all-time low.

Forsythia

I hardly have time to game so I just finished the 3rd level. I absolutely suck at this game, but I'm itching to play more. That doesn't happen that much nowadays. I fucking love it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Tango also has another top ex platinum/clover dev in their team.

wMnGvRf.png

Do yourself a favor and actually play the game and discuss the game instead of astroturfing like a twat.

It is coming to xbox. It was only ever a timed exclusive. Its also a very... OK game. Great concept bogged down by generic/repetitive design.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Nothing in his comments are out of place for an enthusiast forum. Chill with the personal attacks.
What he posted has everything to do with the game. If Tangos pedigree offends you, maybe you should get out of your feelings or get out of this thread (or both).

Why am I not surprised that two more console warriors come in to defend him with strawman arguments.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
As soon as I hit 'send' on that comment, I knew you were going to respond with 'warrior'.

So utterly predictable.

Almost as predictable as you coming into any Xbox Thread to defend your favorite plastic box with zero irony.

Funny how that works.

Ozriel

M$FT
Back on topic, game seems to be holding quite well on Steam. Up to 7th on the best sellers chart.

Valve's also got a 'plays great on Steamdeck' banner on the Steam home page...so that's probably driving some sales too.

This is a game that deserves a 93 or 94 metacritic, anything less is a travesty in my opinion. It just gets better and better and is a triumph, a breath of fresh air in a stale cross gen triple A market of safe re treads.

This and returnal are what new generations are about imo. Just gotta hope the reviewers have the skill to see how special it is.
It's at an 89 right now, I can see IGN and gamespot giving it a 9 or a 10...it might level out around 88-90 but easily deserves a 92.

Top Bottom