• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush | Review Thread

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yeah like I mentioned.. that last stage was a great moment in gaming. Everything came together in an epic moment. That song was a perfect fit.
Yep. I mentioned it a bit back and spoiler tagged the song. People shouldn't listen until they get there. Every aspect of it just comes together. The pacing, the colors, the mood, the song and how it's broken up to advance at certain parts of the level, the story, the gameplay, the editing in the cutscenes integrated into the gameplay. It's just all there. That's why I was saying it's nearly a perfect game. They just hit on about 10 different things and they're all done at an extremely high level all at once.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I would say a 8-9. Its great but i would have liked it better if the post game content had some surprises. I would have liked to replay the story with tougher encounters from level 1. End game enemies and such. Without this the replayability of the story is a lot less interresting.
You just re run the game on a higher difficulty like you would with guitar hero or rock band?

That's perfect for me.

Certinty

I’m enjoying it but I can’t help but think at times I wish I was watching this as TV show instead. Absolutely love the humour and vibe it gives off.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

This thread has officially gone into spoiler-y territory 😅

I'm still on Track 3...yea yea but I still get to experience everything new 😋

Last edited:
I played quite a way last friday and saturday and have had to work the past 4 days. Now I get to pick up where I left off and can't remember the button combos. :messenger_dizzy:
I was ahead of many in the OT thread and now everyone has passed me and finished the game.
I'll get back into the Rythm, but even if the last part of the game trips up I'm already giving this an A+. Most fun I've had playing a vidya game in a long while.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

What ...the ...actual....fuckkkkk???

On a positive note, every one at Kinda Funny Games hit the game with a 5/5 so that's some good news against that abysmal PC Gamer review.

How does a game that has one of the best build ups to the end and just get's better and better with an incredible ending get labelled as "fails towards the end" lmao.

Last edited:

Banned
And a fourth character that I won't spoil, but will say is fun to have around even if their accent is totally incomprehensible

...only thing incomprehensible here is that score.

is that idiot too stupid to understand a Scottish accent? I'm sorry what?
I'm basically self taught, and I have zero issues understanding her... this dude better not be a native speaker

Astray

Gold Member
Just started the game yesterday night, didn't play too much but I really like the vibe and humor of this game.. very Jet Set Radio!

The beat system feels kinda tricky to me, the more I play it like I play Arkham, the better I do, but I'm never entirely sure if I'm on beat or not. Will probably improve as I get more and more into the meat and potatoes of the game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Did they play the same game as me? The levels only got better and better as you progressed...
... but unfortunately failed to grasp the anti-capitalist self-reflection present in Fallout Boy's later albums (he actually says this lol). An impressively stupid review. Still doesn't achieve the levels of The Ascent and High on Life reviews though. Those were just from another planet.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
That person is lying if they say it loses steam by the end. The whole game is a constant build up to the epic last stage.
I will agree slightly in that:
The game is pretty much a flawless build up from beginning up to the end of the last boss. But after that, the final story and cutscene beats were a little weak. Only part of the game I was slightly disappointed in out of the whole thing. They restore Peppermint's mom, and they all get jobs. And like, go driving around. It was fine, but the rest of the game hit every beat flawlessly. That last 0.1% was slightly a let down for me.

But man, the upward crescendo from beginning to the last boss is insanely good. It just keeps improving.

FeastYoEyes

Kinda off topic but is anyone else worried they'll never do an Evil Within 3 after the success of this? I hope they are big enough to develop both franchises further.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Kinda off topic but is anyone else worried they'll never do an Evil Within 3 after the success of this? I hope they are big enough to develop both franchises further.

It all depends on the sales. I dont think TEW3 is happening because the seond game didnt sold as much as Bethesda wanted

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I personally hope they move on from that series. But I never really got it to click. Going to try and play 1 and 2 again someday, but I found it pretty boring and uninspired.

Mikami is likely going to direct 1 last game. He's openly talked about wanting to, and that wont be Evil Within. I'd rather they keep pushing to do new things. Ghostwire, and now HFR are both more interesting to me than Evil Within. I'd like to see Mikami do a spiritual sequel to Vanquish or something. And probably a HFR 2 next. Seems they can make around 2 games at once.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Doubt it. Frankly none of Tango's games have been huge critical or commercial successes, so there isn't going to be the same kind of pressure to keep doing the same thing, especially when the "something different" is scoring 13 points higher than anything they've ever done before and generating a lot of much needed positivity for the Xbox brand.

Tango is full of people who worked at Platinum and Capcom Clover Studios. Hi-Fi Rush is not really as "off-brand" as people think based on Tango's short history with Bethesda. It wouldn't shock me to see them start to take on more Platinum Games-style projects.

Top Bottom