• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima’s Xbox project was ‘still on a couple of weeks ago’, it’s claimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varteras

Gold Member

At 21:50 he also discusses the "big acquisition rumor" involving Sony. According to him, it's bigger than Kojima Productions. So even if Kojima Productions is acquired by Sony at some point, what he and Greg Miller were talking about is not that.

Middler from VGC chimed in on the rumor as well. As you can see, he reiterated what Grubb and Miller said on that podcast. That it's unverifiable. As they were saying, the sources they have would be second hand. Not from the people directly involved. He then goes on to say that it would cause mass hysteria.

He goes further. He, Miller, and Grubb agreed that whoever the rumor is surrounding, it shouldn't be repeated. So whatever it is these three are saying they've heard a rumor of, it's really not a good idea for it to get out.

At 21:50 he also discusses the "big acquisition rumor" involving Sony. According to him, it's bigger than Kojima Productions. So even if Kojima Productions is acquired by Sony at some point, what he and Greg Miller were talking about is not that.

Middler from VGC chimed in on the rumor as well. As you can see, he reiterated what Grubb and Miller said on that podcast. That it's unverifiable. As they were saying, the sources they have would be second hand. Not from the people directly involved. He then goes on to say that it would cause mass hysteria.

He goes further. He, Miller, and Grubb agreed that whoever the rumor is surrounding, it shouldn't be repeated. So whatever it is these three are saying they've heard a rumor of, it's really not a good idea for it to get out.

Sounds like some ‘heads would roll’ if it got leaked type stuff.

I wouldn’t be surprised if more people knew aobut it and don’t want to risk hinting toward it

Mass hysteria?

Hmmmm

Season 3 Panic GIF by The Simpsons

Seriously wondering what the heck it could be. I don’t know if Sony can buy a big publisher but something like that would do it. Don’t see Kojipro having that kind of effect though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Thanks for this.

Like I said, among the various leakers, he's generally got the best track record. Asking for him to be banned cause so many people ran with his joke tweets and expected something to come out of it is weird. Especially when he clearly said he didn't know if anything was being announced 10~20 minutes after making the first tweets people latched onto.

Mr Moose

Thanks for this.

Like I said, among the various leakers, he's generally got the best track record. Asking for him to be banned cause so many people ran with his joke tweets and expected something to come out of it is weird. Especially when he clearly said he didn't know if anything was being announced 10~20 minutes after making the first tweets people latched onto.
Did anyone ask for him to be banned? Or did the owner of NeoGAF decide it?

Last edited:
Thanks for this.

Well you should have complained to the site owner about it then. Why are you acting it’s the communities fault?

adamsapple

Did anyone ask for him to be banned? Or did the owner of NeoGAF decide it?

Yes, people asked for it.

Well you should have complained to the site owner about it then. Why are you acting it’s the communities fault?

I'm not blaming the community, just some over zealous posters like in this thread.

Last edited:

adamsapple

So what?

People ask that of almost every insider who get something wrong. It’s up to the admin to decide what’s allowed here. It’s why El Analista de Bits isn’t really allowed here.

Ok.

I'm saying the topic that led to his 'ban' on GAF was made on a false premise, which he cleared in 10 minutes, yet the topic still reached 11 pages with people posting wild theories about what any supposed announcement the next morning would be.

Whose really at fault here ?

The post I quoted above from Ghost of Caelid Ghost of Caelid shows he has a somewhat credible track record among leakers and has been right more than he's been wrong. So I don't think his news should be banned.

Regardless, there's two active threads in the first page of the gaming section reporting news from his latest show, so it doesn't look like it's a hard and fast enforced ban anyway. Unfortunately, since this topic is about Kojima and Xbox, it has a lot more traction than the other Need for Speed topic, which he talked about in the same video.

Last edited:
Ok.

I'm saying the topic that led to his 'ban' on GAF was made on a false premise, which he cleared in 10 minutes, yet the topic still reached 11 pages with people posting wild theories about what any supposed announcement the next morning would be.

Whose really at fault here ?

The post I quoted above from Ghost of Caelid Ghost of Caelid shows he has a somewhat credible track record among leakers and has been right more than he's been wrong. So I don't think his news should be banned.

Regardless, there's two active threads in the first page of the gaming section reporting news from his latest show, so it doesn't look like it's a hard and fast enforced ban anyway. Unfortunately, since this topic is about Kojima and Xbox, it has a lot more traction than the other Need for Speed topic, which he talked about in the same video.

The door swings both ways here and yes it was EviLore EviLore that made that decision. That’s who you should be blaming for this if you have an issue with this ban.

Anyways I respect his decision and I’m ok if he reverts it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

The door swings both ways here and yes it was EviLore EviLore that made that decision. That’s who you should be blaming for this if you have an issue with this ban.

Anyways I respect his decision and I’m ok if he reverts it.

ok, I have no beef if the mods decide to ban him for good, I, personally, don't think it's worth it as a lot of tangible news comes out of his shows/commentary that ends up coming true down the line, if not immediately the same week.

ok, I have no beef if the mods decide to ban him for good, I, personally, don't think it's worth it as a lot of tangible news comes out of his shows/commentary that ends up coming true down the line, if not immediately the same week.
That’s fine. Just take into account the it wasn’t necessarily due to him stating positive things about Xbox like that Kojima game he claims is happening. I don’t believe the mods banned him due to that.

Mass hysteria?

Hmmmm

Season 3 Panic GIF by The Simpsons

Seriously wondering what the heck it could be. I don’t know if Sony can buy a big publisher but something like that would do it. Don’t see Kojipro having that kind of effect though.
Acquisitions that would cause mass hysteria from a gamers POV? There's only a few that would do it

1. Sega - because of the MIcrosoft rumours
2. Epic - Sony owning Unreal would be Unreal
3. Valve - Within purchasing price of Sony's Budget. They bag a space in the PC arena, VR arena and PC storefront, not to mention the IPs.

Of all 3 of those, purchasing Valve would cause mass hysteria

MiguelItUp

why do we have to stop? it called a rumor for a reason so take it how you will
if we stop all rumors gaming discussion would be dead
Well, there was a period where rumors typically meant something potentially legitimate. But as of the past few "rumors" they've practically all been nonsense, lol. A random post on Twitter or 4chan, etc.

Nah, I'd still think there'd be plenty to talk about.

It's not that I have an issue with rumors, per se, but it's THOSE rumors, haha. I mean, they're practically no different than someone here just blurting out, "I heard through the grapevine that a spiritual successor to the Heretic/Hexen series is in active development with a division of Raven at the helm" and that's it. It's just.... not the same, lol.

Last edited:
Well, there was a period where rumors typically meant something potentially legitimate. But as of the past few "rumors" they've practically all been nonsense, lol. A random post on Twitter or 4chan, etc.

Nah, I'd still think there'd be plenty to talk about.

It's not that I have an issue with rumors, per se, but it's THOSE rumors, haha. I mean, they're practically no different than someone here just blurting out, "I heard through the grapevine that a spiritual successor to the Heretic/Hexen series is in active development with a division of Raven at the helm" and that's it. It's just.... not the same, lol.
Sorry i don't believe in your view
for me Rumors from sources or insider game's peoples should never be ban period
whether it came true or not
you should only get ban if you post fake make up trolling shit or you keep trolling over and over again
disagreeing or rumors not coming true should never get anyone anyone ban
that what i believe

MiguelItUp

Sorry i don't believe in your view
for me Rumors from sources or insider game's peoples should never be ban period
whether it came true or not
you should only get ban if you post fake make up trolling shit or you keep trolling over and over again
disagreeing or rumors not coming true should never get anyone anyone ban
that what i believe
That's fair! Honestly me saying banned was overly harsh. It's just gotten annoying over the past few years is all, haha. Like, rumors coming from "a reputable source" or even "fairly reputable source" is better than just some random post. But I feel like that's what the majority have resorted to.

You also created this thread, so, checks out, haha.

Last edited:
That's fair! Honestly me saying banned was overly harsh. It's just gotten annoying over the past few years is all, haha. Like, rumors coming from "a reputable source" or even "fairly reputable source" is better than just some random post. But I feel like that's what the majority have resorted to.

You also created this thread, so, checks out, haha.
You should never take any rumors too seriously until a official announcement
but rumors play a huge part in games forum discussion if we were to ban all rumors then it would suck and hamper gaming discussion
cause for example there was a Abandoned Silent Hill Rumor a wile back that got huge traffic over 100 page in the thread
now that was just a wild rumor yet people go crazy for it so if we ban all rumors we need to ban that too and that would take away from people who want to have a discussion about that topic that why i disagree with any banning of rumors or sources

So many bullshit rumors get funneled into the video game zeitgeist by these fake insider its insane.

Entire articles written about Kojima from sphesal nick just randomly tweeting anything.

Anytime i see an article like this now i scroll down to the source and 9 times out of 10 its one of the same 5 “insiders” discussing it on their podcast. These gaming sites don’t even try and do any of their own research anymore they just wait for someone to tweet or say some bullshit on their podcast and make a headline out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom