• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima calls his upcoming game "almost like a new medium"

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
He did though. He took a fundamental aspect that in every game - walking, running, climbing and genuinely innovated it it into a compelling gameplay loop. Whereas most games you just press forward

He also innovated significantly in the online community building aspects that were in Death Stranding creating a connected world

I loved Death Stranding personally. I’m just messing around.

Moses85

Old:
Conan Obrien Ups GIF by Team Coco

New:
Norman Reedus Delivery GIF by PlayStation

Last edited:

I Master l

Banned
The reason MGS 1,2 and 3 are the best of Kojima's work is because of Tomokazu Fukushima, look at what happened after
Fukushima left including Death Stranding, Sony are wasting money investing on Kojima because he is a talentless hack

Last edited:

Kurotri

The only Kojima game I managed to play was Death Stranding and I know how the internet likes to meme about it but I actually deeply loved and connected with it, I think it's a one of a kind experience. I guess it's a either love it or hate it thing where there's no middle ground.
Hype as fuck for his next projects.

What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!
I give my life
Not for honor, but for you (snake eater)
In my time, there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you (snake eater)
I'm still in a dream, snake eater
Someday you go through the rain
Someday you feed on a tree frog
It's ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new light
I give my life
Not for honor, but for you (snake eater)
In my time, there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you (snake eater)
(Snake eater)

Killer8

Kojima can sometimes seem pretentious as hell (his book is called 'The Creative Gene' and his podcast is called 'Brain Structure' lmfao), but he makes some top games so he gets a free pass as far as i'm concerned.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
He is one of the designers most responsible for turning games into movies. Maybe he’s found a way to turn movies into games this time?
I hope he deliberately chooses low framerates just to push gamers into the most spectacular show of cognitive dissonance the internet has ever seen.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Yep, that's scary. it's Dragon's Lair reborn, be prepared for long, long, long "interactive" scenes.

Aaron Olive

Death Stranding is by far the most creative AAA game in the past 10 years (or more), so bring it on Kojima...but this decade please.
I liked it for what it was, for me it was like being in creative interactive movie. I appreciate what Kojima was trying to do here in this first project.

The use of the Decima Engine in was a great success as the graphics looked very clean for landscape design, actor scans and motion capture, it was amazing cinematically in my opinion.

I hope for a more open refined experience cross country in a future project, which is rumored to be in beginning phases.

Three

He's one the least creative devs out their. I mean how many fucking 3rd person games has he made?
😂 So if he made a first person game he would be considered "creative"? Call death stranding whatever you like but it was creative. Batshit insane but creative.

Mexen

I think KJP should just focus on creating the best, coherent game possible.
Everything else will fall into place.

I just want a good Kojima game again. Snake Eater is older enough to drive in my country.

Sigh. But if you’re Kojima, I suppose you can afford to declare such things.

All the best to him with being unique, I suppose we have come to expect it now.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
His last game was so bad it made me feel like I was working a terrible job to get to story pieces that were interesting, but not interesting enough to finish. I quiet quit then real quit that shit.

Moses85

The reason MGS 1,2 and 3 are the best of Kojima's work is because of Tomokazu Fukushima, look at what happened after
Fukushima left including Death Stranding, Sony are wasting money investing on Kojima because he is a talentless hack
He is a
Dave Grohl Hair Flip GIF

Top Bottom