• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima is hoping to reveal his ‘completely new game’ in 2023

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The project is in development alongside Death Stranding 2

Hideo Kojima is hoping to provide more information on a completely new game he’s making next year.

On Friday the Kojima Productions boss provided a brief update on what the studio is working on in a video message released to coincide with its seventh anniversary.

“In addition to DS2, we are also preparing a completely new game as well as some visual projects,” Kojima said in his video message, which is viewable above.

“I am hoping to bring you more information on all of those next year.”

Bartski

Gold Member
*was

5ezbeak.jpg

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Gonna be fun watching people who downplay death stranding and kojima, suddenly show enthusiasm for this ‘other’ project at the same time

Death Stranding is a known quantity that many people didnt like. This is something new, for better or worse. Personally I look forward to both.

feynoob

Banned
Gonna be fun watching people who downplay death stranding and kojima, suddenly show enthusiasm for this ‘other’ project at the same time
Or it could turn the next metal gear solid.

Main issue of death Stranding was walking too much. People with low attention hate that kind of gameplay, just like how people are hating high on life comedy tone.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Death Stranding is one of my fav games. I'm just glad the sequel got shown already.

I dont know what to even think about his other game.

anthony2690

Banned
I'm in the camp that Kojima is over rated.

Really enjoyed MGS1&2 back in the day and loved Zone of the Ender's, wouldn't mind seeing a third game one day.

& MGS5 just wound me up, good gameplay and ost, let down by pretty much everything else possible.

you'll also have people who praise the shit out of Death Stranding and Kojima suddenly turn against him.

I think most people that are looking at it objectively will see it for what it is, a small-experimental maybe far less interactive title and most people on these boards and in general are more interested in big AAA titles. DS2 will undoubtedly have the biggest mindshare of the two considering its scope and budget.

Theres no comparison, but the pivot after years of downplaying since the original DS will be fun to watch

adamsapple

Theres no comparison, but the pivot after years of downplaying since the original DS will be fun to watch

Is that really the only thing you're looking forward to ? I would assume Kojima fans would be more interested in him doing a new genre, new IP.

Unless that game turns out to be multiplat 😉

DS2 will undoubtedly have the biggest mindshare of the two considering its scope and budget.

Not just that but Sony in general are a lot better at building interest and hype for their big games than Microsoft is. Much better at marketing in general and making the marketing feel like a story in and of itself.

Who knows though; with MS now raising their prices to $70 and if their thoughts on GP only accounting for a small share of games revenue going forward are true, they may have some incentive to boost up their marketing/promotion efforts that don't all just spew out the "value of GamePass".

Last edited:
Oh yeah, then remember_spinal remember_spinal will stop making his judgmental posts at least :messenger_grinning_sweat:

But will you? 😉😁

This is the Xbox exclusive right? I hope he can finally use the cloud in exciting ways and show devs new possibilities.

That would be nice. It was one of the things I was excited for with the brand as the generation started but outside of random games utilizing it in some neat ways like Flight Simulator, it's been a no-go. It's one of the things I said a long time ago MS had an advantage over Sony in due to having Azure.

Though it wouldn't be impossible for Sony to provide similar solutions (not through Azure though; that MOU is dead at this point) through AWS or preferably Stadia if they decide to partner with Google for cloud & data expansion (in case the capacity they have right now isn't enough or they may want access to what many say is the best cloud gaming tech in the market).

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
How selfish of him trying to revive the now dead and rotten Konami IPs.
Error from one doesn't make the other right

Konami is in deep shit since probably the early PS360, with all the bad choices of Silent Hill, Contra and Castlevania they made. Still, with Kojima, his last really great game was MGS 3. MGS 4 is good, but has as lot of flaws and it's too much closer of a normal third person shooter with Kojima's twist than MGS - compare a gameplay with past games and you see how the world worked, and with MGS 4 is just walking and shooting on everything. When MGS V came, the gameplay is like the best of the best to the series, but a open world that is not that open and has basically no impact at all in the progression, scenes that are worthless, getting resources to make a machine that you can't use, a villain that doesn't make any difference in the game, an awful plot twist, repeating missions on harder level to progress, change the original and beloved main voice actor for hollywood boner reasons, and the worst sin ever: obligatory walking moments

nial

Gold Member
My main concern with the Xbox game is that if it focuses entirely on the power of the cloud, it will surely be an online-only game. However, I'm still looking forward to seeing what it is.
I think most people that are looking at it objectively will see it for what it is, a small-experimental maybe far less interactive title and most people on these boards and in general are more interested in big AAA titles. DS2 will undoubtedly have the biggest mindshare of the two considering its scope and budget.
Are you sure? I mean, the fact that he talks about how it's the game he always wanted to make, and how he waited every single day until he finally COULD create it, makes it sound like it's much bigger than DS2.

Mobilemofo

I hope he's chosen to work with respawn to make Titanfall 3: Rise Of The Snake.

Probably not, but ya know. One can hope 😄

adamsapple

Actually I'm more interested in DS2 since I loved the first one. New IPs can be great but it being a cloud project worries me a bit.

Hopefully its not the mobile game that was leaked.

It's supposed to be a cloud enhanced project ala Flight sim, not a 100% cloud game.

But that is from the time it was pitched to Stadia in 2021. We have no idea what the scale and scope of the game is right now.

Last edited:
My main concern with the Xbox game is that if it focuses entirely on the power of the cloud, it will surely be an online-only game. However, I'm still looking forward to seeing what it is.

Are you sure? I mean, the fact that he talks about how it's the game he always wanted to make, and how he waited every single day until he finally COULD create it, makes it sound like it's much bigger than DS2.

Yes, he said it himself, DS2 is the traditional AAA title and the cloud game is the experiemental “indie” title.

Last edited:
Top Bottom