• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima is hoping to reveal his ‘completely new game’ in 2023

Haven’t liked Kojima since MGS2. Pass.
why-arewe-still-here-mgs-video-game.gif

I really think the Xbox game is a mobile game and the Xbox partnership is related to the cloud. Kojima has spoken many times about how 5G is going to open up new possibilities, so I think whatever it is will be heavily data, and maybe even latency, dependent. No idea what though, I doubt it will be just video unless there is a lot more involved, like location or AR aspects or something.

Shubh_C63

Overdose not being a AAA game is kinda strange for Kojima.

But he gets to do more experiments like PT so its all good.

Mexen

It will come with a pair of underwear in case of emission.

For reference see P.T Brown Pants on google.

He fired David Hayter so that he could hire Keifer Sutherland. He poses himself with western actors and actresses, he likes to hobnob with Guillermo Del Toro. He wants to be a movie director so badly.

Probably has the biggest ego in gaming. Awful what Konami did to him, but they largely deserved each other.

I get why everyone under the moon wants to be involved with him, but at the end of the day, it probably isn't worth it.

Klosshufvud

He fired David Hayter so that he could hire Keifer Sutherland. He poses himself with western actors and actresses, he likes to hobnob with Guillermo Del Toro. He wants to be a movie director so badly.

Probably has the biggest ego in gaming. Awful what Konami did to him, but they largely deserved each other.

I get why everyone under the moon wants to be involved with him, but at the end of the day, it probably isn't worth it.
David Hayter was the weak link in MGS voice acting for some iterations. Recently went through MGS4 cutscenes again and Hayter definitely brought down an otherwise high-quality level of voice acting in that game. It worked in MGS1 and 2 but then he went completely overboard with the gruff American war hero voice and it just sounded comical ever since then. Sutherland did a much better performance IMO.

David Hayter was the weak link in MGS voice acting for some iterations. Recently went through MGS4 cutscenes again and Hayter definitely brought down an otherwise high-quality level of voice acting in that game. It worked in MGS1 and 2 but then he went completely overboard with the gruff American war hero voice and it just sounded comical ever since then. Sutherland did a much better performance IMO.

To be fair, I checked out of Metal Gear after MGS2 so I wouldn't know.

Yes, he said it himself, DS2 is the traditional AAA title and the cloud game is the experiemental “indie” title.

Damn good receipts.

Overdose not being a AAA game is kinda strange for Kojima.

But he gets to do more experiments like PT so its all good.

It's not actually that weird for him. He's got a catalogue of games beyond just MGS, like Snatcher, Policenauts (both point-and-click adventure games with modest light gun shooter elements & light puzzles), etc. Also involvement in Zone of the Enders IIRC although that was arguably a AAA game for its day.

Top Bottom