• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Teases "Radical Project"

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Kojima recently took to social media to state that he plans to "move to the next level of experimentation with a radical project" this year among other things. In short, Kojima is certainly up to something -- several somethings, really -- and it seems like at least one is particularly "radical" even for him.

"This year, I'm going to start a new work in earnest, and move to the next level of experimentation with a radical project," Kojima shared over on Twitter this weekend. "I'm also hoping to get the video team going. And I may start doing something like a radio project?" You can check out his tweet for yourself below:

CheeseCake

silent hill horror GIF

change1.jpg

Kuranghi

It's the Xbox exclusive game, isn't it? Maybe this will be the first Kojima game I actually like! He's like 0 for 6 with me. Not sure why I keep giving him more shots. Well if it's on Game Pass I'll at least download it and give it a fair shake.

What made you overall dislike MGS? Convoluted story? I thought maybe even if someone hated that they could at least enjoy the gameplay, but I suppose if you dislike stealth then its not gonna be fun (Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain and 4 can be played non-stealth though).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hope he does something different than Death Stranding, didn't like that one.

Arachnid

Whatever it is, I'll be there day 1. Death Stranding didn't work for me, but I'll always give Kojima games a chance.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So, one to pay the bills, one to scratch a creative itch, and a bunch of side projects outside of regular game-dev.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
There was this xbox cloud game from kojima, that was circulating around. It must be that game.
Because no way Sony will fund his next project. Anyone who will fund him, will better have insane pocket, because that is how mtg5 ended. Because of his insane budget requirement.

MS is his next logical option.

It could be nothing, and just a movie.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There was this xbox cloud game from kojima, that circulating around. It must be that game.
Because no way Sony will fund his next project. Anyone who will fund him, will better have insane pocket, because that is how mtg5 ended. Because of his insane budget requirement.

MS is his next logical option.

It could be nothing, and just a movie.
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Batiman

Banned
Hated DS but loved all the metal gears besides the story of phantom pain and the second half grind of it. I selfishly just want another one. Fuck silent hill

Lognor

Banned
What made you overall dislike MGS? Convoluted story? I thought maybe even if someone hated that they could at least enjoy the gameplay, but I suppose if you dislike stealth then its not gonna be fun (Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain and 4 can be played non-stealth though).
Yep, that's exactly it. The story and the narrative are crap. I thought the gameplay was okay, but it doesn't come close to other stealth games - Splinter Cell, Hitman, etc. The last MGS game I played was on PS3 and that's when I finally threw in the towel. 30 minute long cutscenes? Get the fuck out of here! Kojima is so far up his own ass. That's why the only way I'll try his next game if it's on Game Pass. Not spending a dime with his track record.

kingfey

Banned
Yep, that's exactly it. The story and the narrative are crap. I thought the gameplay was okay, but it doesn't come close to other stealth games - Splinter Cell, Hitman, etc. The last MGS game I played was on PS3 and that's when I finally threw in the towel. 30 minute long cutscenes? Get the fuck out of here! Kojima is so far up his own ass. That's why the only way I'll try his next game if it's on Game Pass. Not spending a dime with his track record.
As a splinter cell fan, Metal gear series is the best in term of stealth, after thief series. I played pandora tomorrow, chaos theory. They arent hard as MTG2. That game had me pulling my hair. The camera angle made it hard to know your enemies.

They have shit moments like the cardboard one, but dang, do they nail the stealth part. Later games become a joke though. 5 was not that fun as stealth.

Lognor

Banned
As a splinter cell fan, Metal gear series is the best in term of stealth, after thief series. I played pandora tomorrow, chaos theory. They arent hard as MTG2. That game had me pulling my hair. The camera angle made it hard to know your enemies.

They have shit moments like the cardboard one, but dang, do they nail the stealth part. Later games become a joke though. 5 was not that fun as stealth.
Really? I think the exact opposite. I thought the stealth element in MGS was sub par whereas in Splinter Cell you had all these awesome gadgets, had the night vision goggles, just a lot of fun to sneak around and pick enemies off. And then there is the story. Splinter Cell wins out easily as it's more grounded in reality. Giant robots? Get the fuck outta here. I hate that anime shit.

kingfey

Banned
Really? I think the exact opposite. I thought the stealth element in MGS was sub par whereas in Splinter Cell you had all these awesome gadgets, had the night vision goggles, just a lot of fun to sneak around and pick enemies off. And then there is the story. Splinter Cell wins out easily as it's more grounded in reality. Giant robots? Get the fuck outta here. I hate that anime shit.
In stealth game, The AI is what rules. Splinter cell AI isnt the brightest. They are dumb, compared to metal gear series.
I can take down enemies in Splinter cells easily, compared to metal gear.

Lognor

Banned
it was your wording.
Well it's more to do with the fact that I am not paying for it. I didn't say if it was on Xbox I'll buy it and give it a fair shake. No. It's gotta be on Game Pass so I can play it for free. Kojima has tricked me too many times already with his games getting good reviews only to turn out to be trash. Not again, Kojima!

Lognor

Banned
In stealth game, The AI is what rules. Splinter cell AI isnt the brightest. They are dumb, compared to metal gear series.
I can take down enemies in Splinter cells easily, compared to metal gear.
That's fair. It's probably been a decade since I've played a Splinter Cell game so I can't recall how dumb the AI was. But I seem to recall in MGS games if you are found, if you run away the guards will go back to their normal patrols, and that doesn't sound like the smartest AI either.

Did a quick google search. Found this:

MGS AI seems awful. Am I missing something?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Kojima is lost.

When he was a thirsty weaboo he gave us Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear, Boktai, Zone of the Enders.

Now that he's with the "cool guys" he's unable to make a fun game anymore. Go back to being a weaboo, please.

he's a westaboo now and just wants to make friends in hollywood so he can make a really shitty movie or something.

i like the guy's games for the most part and death stranding is probably the most bizarre AAA game we'll get for a long time but he is way too up his own ass.

kingfey

Banned
That's fair. It's probably been a decade since I've played a Splinter Cell game so I can't recall how dumb the AI was. But I seem to recall in MGS games if you are found, if you run away the guards will go back to their normal patrols, and that doesn't sound like the smartest AI either.

Did a quick google search. Found this:

MGS AI seems awful. Am I missing something?

Later games AI is shit. Conviction had garbage AI, with last known location feature. After you stop attacking them, they go normal.

Here is black list peak of AI.

Top Bottom