• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki Is Looking to Multiplayer Games Like Escape From Tarkov for Inspiration

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to IGN following Elden Ring's five wins (including Game of the Year) at the 26th annual DICE Awards, Miyazaki brought up the subject of multiplayer when we asked him what new technologies, trends, or ideas in gaming he finds inspiring or exciting right now.

"I'm not really sure whether this is the latest trend, but the multiplayer elements that in terms of both technology and the game designs, we keep updating [them]," he said. "So I'm really interested in that as one of the fans and one of the creators. Especially speaking of [Escape From] Tarkov, for example. So I'm basically paying attention to those elements as a creator and fan of the game.

"Other folks in the industry, they keep updating multiplayer network functionality and the game design in order to change the way that the players are involved in the gameplay, and how the players are used as one of the resources for the gameplay. So that's why I'm paying attention to these elements."

We also asked Miyazaki if Elden Ring's incredible critical, award-winning, and financial success meant that we'd be likely to see more Elden Ring in the future — but Miyazaki told us that its success was not a factor in deciding what FromSoftware wanted to make next.

"Obviously Elden Ring is a commercial success," he said. "Everybody's aware about that, but it doesn't really affect what we are going to create next. We basically keep creating the game that we want to create, and that's our policy. It's very simple.

"It was obviously a good experience for me and the other team members working on Elden Ring. Sometimes we were all super excited about what we were doing. Sometimes we failed to do certain things in the game, implementing something into the game. But whatever the case it was a really good experience and we basically want to keep creating the game which has a very big worldview universe and let the players feel the adventure spirit."

Top Bottom