• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

History of Rainbow Six (1997 - 2020)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A full history of the Rainbow Six franchise. From the original game in 1997, up to the new unreleased Rainbow Six: Quarantine.

Join me as I detail each and every game, breaking down their development history, storyline, gameplay features, visuals, and their critical reception, all backed with each game's original soundtrack.

I never really got into the originals, my PC couldn't handle them at the time, but they always seemed so cool. Love the whole tactical pre-mission planning, and the slow and methodical approach to tackling the objectives.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I had played one of the older ones as a kid (don't remember which), then I remember playing a bit of Lockdown. Used to play online in Vegas 1 and 2 occasionally as well. Overall, wasn't that big into the series, but Siege has become my most played game ever.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Being a tactical scrub, I loved Vegas back in the day.

Amazing gameplay with the exact amount of "tactics" to be challenging but not making my head burn. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

HE1NZ

Banned
They don't even know the release date of the original. What's the point of wasting an hour for this?

Loke

Raven Shield was amazing, so much fun with the co-op multiplayer and terrorist hunt. Didn't care for any of the later entries though, feels like they dropped the tactical shooter gameplay and replaced it with a more casual style of gameplay.

jigglet

Banned
I'm so glad they made Siege instead of Patriots. It was the epitome of shitty game design from the PS3 / 360 era. QT-driven gameplay, highly scripted sequences, big bombastic scenes, minimal planning. It looked like a slightly more tactical COD. Yuck. If they go back to single player I want to see a return to the OG / Rogue Spear. Even though the Vegas games were enjoyable I think the originals were still the best.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm so glad they made Siege instead of Patriots. It was the epitome of shitty game design from the PS3 / 360 era. QT-driven gameplay, highly scripted sequences, big bombastic scenes, minimal planning. It looked like a slightly more tactical COD. Yuck. If they go back to single player I want to see a return to the OG / Rogue Spear. Even though the Vegas games were enjoyable I think the originals were still the best.

Yeah looking back at the Patriot videos, it would have been bad. Siege was a good risk, and has grown over time.

jigglet

Banned
Yeah looking back at the Patriot videos, it would have been bad. Siege was a good risk, and has grown over time.

I always see people longing for Patriots thinking wtf are you on about, it represented the worst in gaming of that era that everyone was complaining about at the time. If you made a list of all the shit people were sick of, Patriots was it. It was the definition of rose tinted glasses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom