• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |Beta Thread| The original assassin. [PS4+PC]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Since DOWN can't post this thread he asked me to post it for him so all credit goes to him!

hitman6lkbv.jpg

Flawless execution, 47.

THE SEASON PREMIERES March 11, 2016

-PS4 Beta: (Playable Now) Scheduled 11:00 CET (04:00 AM EST) on February 12th 2016 and end on February 15th at 11:00 CET

-PC Beta: 11:00 CET (04:00 AM EST) on February 19th 2016 and ends on February 22nd at 11:00 CET worldwide

About:
HITMAN is the first truly episodic AAA game. Taking all the production value and favorite Hitman gameplay from favorites like Blood Money, the game will simply deliver its elusive plot over the series' largest campaign sandboxes yet, in multiple releases throughout 2016. The beta includes only the prologue facility, which is just part of the first Introduction episode pack that premieres in March.

Full Game Locations and Content:
A new sandbox-style location will come at each release across six locations (available as separate paid episodes or as a complete season): first the Prologue facility (a nonlinear agency tutorial, also featured in the beta) and Paris in March, followed by Italy in April, Morocco in May, with Thailand, the USA, and the conclusion in Japan later in 2016. The game will have no additional payment required for planned updates, weekly events, and content that will be part of the living world as players receive new contracts, targets, and more to enhance the classic Hitman sandbox experiences.

While you now don't need to wait for every segment of the game to start playing thanks to this release structure, players looking for the complete season upon all parts having released can get the traditional complete retail title in physical release in late 2016 upon the season completion.

There is no Xbox One Beta. The game's first episode launches March 11th on PS4 (with 6 exclusive targets to eliminate), PC, and Xbox One.

Beta FAQ:

WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE BETA?
The HITMAN Prologue. That’s the very beginning of the game, set at a top secret recruitment and training facility. The Prologue revolves around how Agent 47 joined the ICA and shows the first time that 47 meets his long-time handler, Diana Burnwood.

The Prologue contains an introduction to the gameplay features and mechanics in HITMAN, and two free-form training hits. You’ll be able to replay each hit as many times as you wish throughout the beta period to complete the challenges and the multiple ways to take down your target – as you would expect.

HOW DO I GET ACCESS?
The only way to guarantee your access to the HITMAN Beta is to pre-order the game digitally on PlayStation 4 via PSN or PC via Steam. Alternatively, you can pre-order the Collector’s Edition (via Amazon or other select retailers).
Access to the HITMAN Beta is available for the pre-orders of the Full Experience, Intro Pack and Collector’s Edition.

PlayStation 4: Full Experience / Intro Pack
PC: Steam Store Page
Collector’s Edition: SE NA Store / SE EU Store / Full details

WHEN DOES THE BETA START?
SCEE regions (Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania)
The PS4 Beta is scheduled to start at 11:00 CET on February 12th 2016 and end on February 15th at 11:00 CET.
(It's at this time that you'll see the Beta in the PSN Store. Anyone with an active pre-order will be able to download it.)
USA players who have received their codes may play on PS4 now.

SCEA regions (United States, Canada and Latin America.
The PS4 Beta is scheduled to start at 08.00 PST on February 12th and ends on February 15th at 08.00 PST.
(It's at this time that you'll see the Beta in the PSN Store. Anyone with an active pre-order will be able to download it.)

The PC Beta is scheduled to start at 11:00 CET on February 19th 2016 and ends on February 22nd at 11:00 CET worldwide.

HOW DO I GET MY BETA CODE?
PS4: All digital pre-orders via PSN will include the Beta as part of the pre-order. Starting on Februrary 12th at 11am CET or 8am PST, you will see the Beta in the PSN Store, and can start your download.

PC: After pre-ordering, look for ‘HITMAN Beta’ in your Library. It’s that simple.

If you’ve pre-ordered a digital download code via a retailer, you will receive your Beta download code directly from the retailer before the beta starts. That includes the Square Enix Store, if you have pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of the game.

DOES PROGRESS CARRY OVER BETWEEN THE BETA AND THE FULL GAME?
No. All progress will be reset for the game’s launch on March 11.

CAN I SHARE VIDEOS / SCREENSHOTS / LET’S PLAY / TWITCH STREAM?
Yes, yes, yes and yes. Do all of this to your heart’s content. There are very few restrictions on sharing your experiences in the beta. Please take a look at the Material Usage Policy.

I PRE-ORDERED FROM *MY PREFERRED RETAILER* WILL I GET THE BETA?
If you’ve pre-ordered a digital version of the game, yes. If you’ve pre-ordered the physical disc version that we’re releasing later in 2016, no. Please check with your retailer before pre-ordering.

WHAT IS THE DOWNLOAD SIZE OF THE BETA?
For the PS4 Beta, you’re looking at 4.7GB. Seriously. And we didn’t make that happen on purpose.
We expect the PC Beta to be a similar size.

WILL EVERYTHING IN THE BETA ALSO BE IN THE FULL GAME?
Yes, it will. The Beta is the game’s prologue, which you can also play on March 11th.

WHAT LANGUAGES CAN I PLAY IN?
The Beta is available in English only. The full game will include English audio and subtitles for English, Spanish (Spain & Latin America), French, Italian, German, Polish, Russian and Portuguese (Brazil).

DO I NEED AN INTERNET CONNECTION TO PLAY?
You will need an internet connection to download and play the Beta throughout the Beta period.

DO I NEED A PLAYSTATION PLUS MEMBERSHIP TO PLAY THE PS4 BETA?
No. The only exception is German PS+ members, who will need an active subscription to download and play the HITMAN Beta due to age-rating regulations.

WILL THE BETA INCLUDE CONTRACTS MODE?
No, Contracts Mode will not be included in the Beta.

WHAT ARE THE RECOMMENDED SPECS FOR THE PC BETA?
These are the same as the full game, and are currently listed on the Steam Store Page.

WHERE CAN I GIVE FEEDBACK?
There are many places you can give feedback. Our preferred option is the dedicated HITMAN Beta area of the Square Enix Forums. However, we know that the HITMAN community can be found in many places. We’ll be listening to feedback in all of these places, but won’t be able to reply to each and every comment. When the Beta concludes, we’ll send out a survey to everyone that played and connected the game to their Square Enix Members account, so look out for that!

Square Enix Forums / Hitman Forum / Hitman Subreddit / Hitman Steam Group / Hitman Twitter

HOW WILL ME PLAYING THE BETA HELP THE GAME?
First of all, by just playing the Beta, it will help us to make sure our infrastructure and technology is ready and primed for March 11th. That means testing our servers more than we’ve been able to do ourselves and providing us with valuable player metrics. We’ll be able to track lots of statistics that will tell us where you kill your targets, where you die and which items are the most used, for example. We can use this information to refine and improve the game.

Secondly, we hope that you’ll take the time to sound off in the forums or on any of the places mentioned above with your thoughts, opinions and feedback on all aspects of the game. In Hitman Absolution, we patched the game with an adjustment to how quickly players were detected when wearing a disguise. This was based on feedback from our players. Feedback such as this is exactly what we want to hear as we will be able to review and adjust these matters before we release the game on March 11th. We cannot overstate how important and valuable this feedback will be to us.

Thirdly, we will be sending out a survey about your experiences after each beta period. This will allow us to gather specific data and opinions and then create more structured reports based on your direct feedback. Survey invitations will drop into the email inbox registered with your Square Enix Membership.

As a final note, we will also be forming the HITMAN Player Panel during the beta period. This is yet another way for us to directly interact with a small number of players to get their thoughts and feedback on HITMAN. We’ll be talking more about this in the future but thought it was important to let you know some of our plans for improving our game based on player input.

DOWN

Banned
Thanks Snake!

Got my beta code this morning from Amazon USA for the Collector's Edition. Playing now on PS4!

PS4 Screens (note this prologue is using a younger 47 due to plot but the full game features the usual older 47):

24965712555_f4fcb26788_o.png

24598094039_bbef88ca7d_o.png

24872394691_1ba68b1205_o.png

24965711605_d85f4accf5_o.png

24965712205_b864d08819_o.png

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Great OT. Good thing it was posted I was gonna do one in a few hours since I wasnt sure if anyone was doing it.

Played the alpha and enjoyed it I think I'll be happy with this and the future content.

Allforce

Really enjoying what I've played so far. Feels like Blood Money 2.

Any way to just run back that mission at the military base? I completed it but there's only an option at the main menu to play the tutorial again and basically start over.

DOWN

Banned
Really enjoying what I've played so far. Feels like Blood Money 2.

Any way to just run back that mission at the military base? I completed it but there's only an option at the main menu to play the tutorial again and basically start over.

Press R1. It shows the longer missions list.

Jb

Thanks for making the thread guys :) So is the boat mission the size of one of BM's smaller level?

Thanks for making the thread guys :) So is the boat mission the size of one of BM's smaller level?

I think that's a good comparison. There's about 4 decks and the outside areas.

I'm really pissed that SE forced IO to make Absolution when this is what Hitman fans wanted. The controls are kinda weird and take a bit to get used to, but the prologue is very solid.

Sn4ke_911

I really hope you can turn off most of the UI, especially the objectives on the left ugh.

I don't understand why devs always have to put everything so in your face. Just give 47 a map or phone and let us look up that stuff there.

Stop with the hand holding IO, please.

DOWN

Banned
I really hope you can turn off most of the UI, especially the objectives on the left ugh.

I don't understand why devs always have to put everything so in your face. Just give 47 a map or phone and let us look up that stuff there.

Sadly, my screens show it as clean as the game will allow in the Beta. I shut off as much as I could and was disappointed to find I wasn't left with a clean, hint-free screen.

There are UI options and I believe you can turn mostly everything off. I'll have to double check later.

Edit: I stand corrected

Edit 2: they said they're taking user feedback via Square Enix Membership so if enough people complain, they could probably include more customization if the final build doesn't have it already.

Sn4ke_911

Sadly, my screens show it as clean as the game will allow in the Beta. I shut off as much as I could and was disappointed to find I wasn't left with a clean, hint-free screen.

That sucks, imo it's so immersion breaking, shit like that totally puts me off the game.

I really hope the final game has more options to hide the goddamn UI. :/

Sn4ke_911

Edit 2: they said they're taking user feedback via Square Enix Membership so if enough people complain, they could probably include more customization if the final build doesn't have it already.

Ok but more UI options should be already in the game to begin with, this isn't IO's first game, gotta say it kinda blows my mind that no playtester complaint about this?.. i mean really?

IO, just look at MGSV. One of the best UI's ever.

Let us play the new HITMAN like that.

mgsv-afghanistan.png

iMax

Ok but more UI options should be already in the game to begin with, this isn't IO's first game, gotta say it kinda blows my mind that no playtester complaint about this?.. i mean really?

mgsv-afghanistan.png

Have to agree. As someone with a plasma, I always appreciate UI customisation in my games—especially when they're overly bombastic and unnecessary.

That gun icon at the bottom right is basically going to make this game unplayable for me.

DOWN

Banned
Turning off HUD completely should be a mandatory option by now tbh. We are taking screenshots and living the cinema dream so please get that HUD out of my way.

Sn4ke_911

Have to agree. As someone with a plasma, I always appreciate UI customisation in my games—especially when they're overly bombastic and unnecessary.

That gun icon at the bottom right is basically going to make this game unplayable for me.

+ the huge ass "EXPOSED" on the bottom left or the "Non-Target Killed" on the top right corner.

They can't be serious with that shit :lol

2016-02-1200_11_32-hiz4l8z.png

Yeah it's pretty busy and distracting, especially compared to the older titles. IO/Hitman have a really hard time communicating (i.e. ignoring) with fans but maybe someone on Reddit or Twitter could get an answer from Travis.

How the hell are people playing this already

I need it my veins. ;_;

I was super tempted to just drop the $15 to get into the Beta, but the full game's only a few weeks away, and I have a ton of things I can play until then....meaning Rocket League.

Would love some performance impressions though. Expecting lots of framerate jank like every other console game these days.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was super tempted to just drop the $15 to get into the Beta, but the full game's only a few weeks away, and I have a ton of things I can play until then....meaning Rocket League.

Would love some performance impressions though. Expecting lots of framerate jank like every other console game these days.

Just you wait breh, I'll have impressions about everything.

Edit: I'm insane though the performance is different on both levels.

First level has worse performance due to the amount of NPCs and it drops below 30 when in large crowds. Variable framerate.

Second level seems to fair a lot better and doesn't seem to drop below 30 and stays closer to 60 than the first level.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait, you can play it now on PS4?
I haven't pre-ordered it yet, but I can right away.

DOWN

Banned
(I almost hesitate to ask as I don't mean to start A Thing, but) What's the framerate they're shooting for on PS4?

Feels unlocked tbh. Not sure what they want to do for the final release. Maybe lock? I'd prefer locked at 30. The prologue ain't a huge looker tbh. Though the Paris footage looks much nicer.

Just you wait breh, I'll have impressions about everything.

HYPE

With my untrained digital foundry eyes, it appears to be an unlocked framerate cause it fluctuates between 30 and 60. It's 60 at the very beginning force walk but in gameplay, it's mostly 30 with some fluctuations. It's not as distracting and blatant as Infamous', but I sincerely hope they lock it.

I can't really tell what 45, 39, 52, etc. FPS looks like but I didn't find it incredibly annoying.

Ughhh, Heavy 60-30 fluctuation never feels good to me. Either Fox Engine the hell out of your game or get it down to stable 30.

AHA-Lambda

I like how it keeps saying wherever I look, that "the only way to guarantee access is to pre order" totally implies there are other ways and so it'll probably open up at the end as per with betas

MMaRsu

Banned
Wait PS4 beta is up??? HOLY SHIT let me get at it

Oh well shit only us players right now.

Damnit man

This is more of a question for the full game but here goes...do we know anything about the story? With regards to 47 etc? I've noticed there's barely anything on what the game will be about... :/

DOWN

Banned
This is more of a question for the full game but here goes...do we know anything about the story? With regards to 47 etc? I've noticed there's barely anything on what the game will be about... :/

We know it's a sequel, 47 is at his prime, he is traveling the world, Diana is present, and it's classic Hitman in a bigger-than-ever set of 6 sandboxes. Not much else.

etta

my hard graphic balls
But does the PSN digital pre-order give you a code or does it make the beta automatically show up in the library?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
If you pre-order the intro pack on PSN UK, can you cancel it? I already got the disc version pre-ordered.

Top Bottom