• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman III gets support for Ray-Tracing, DLSS and FSR 1.0

winjer

Gold Member

PC Requirements for Ray Tracing and Adaptive Supersampling

Ray tracing in HITMAN 3 on PC

Realtime ray tracing arrives for our PC players with our 3.110 patch and will bring higher quality reflections and shadows to the World of Assassination. Through HITMAN 3, all locations in the World of Assassination will benefit from this new feature.

HITMAN 3 supports ray traced reflections and shadows.

Ray tracing the detailed environments of HITMAN 3 is quite demanding on the GPU. To get the best experience it’s important to select graphics quality settings that match your installed GPU.

Ray tracing can be enabled from the Graphics menu under Options in the main menu of HITMAN 3. Here you’ll find separate toggles for enabling ray traced reflections and shadows. When ray tracing is enabled, the Reflection Quality options appears and here you can control the reflection quality. Ray tracing must be enabled before you start a mission.

In general, for lower end hardware we recommend using low or medium Reflection Quality. Lowering reflection quality can greatly improve performance, but results in reflections with fewer details and occasional popping of small objects.

Adaptive Supersampling in HITMAN 3 on PC

Patch 3.110 also adds support for Adaptive Supersampling, such as NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 1.0. It is highly recommended to enable DLSS or FSR when using ray tracing for a better and smoother experience.

Minimum Hardware Requirements​

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER or AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT

Intel Core i5 10600K or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

8 GB RAM

Recommended settings:

Resolution: 1080p
Adaptive Supersampling Technique: NVIDIA DLSS or AMD FSR

Adaptive Supersampling Quality> Performance

Reflection Quality: Medium

Recommended Hardware​

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 or AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

Intel Core i7 10700K or AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

16 GB RAM

Recommended settings:

Resolution: 1440p
Adaptive Supersampling Technique: NVIDIA DLSS or AMD FSR

Adaptive Supersampling Quality: Balanced

Reflection Quality: High

Additional Requirements​

GeForce Game Ready Driver 512.59 for NVIDIA GPUs.

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.5.3 for AMD GPUs.

Windows 10 Version 21H1 or newer.

This patch releases on the 24th of May.
Unfortunately, there is no support for FSR 2.0. Maybe IO can add it at a later date.
The game is also supposed to receive a patch for support for Intel's XeSS. But since Intel is constantly delaying their dedicated GPUs, it will probably take a while.

Last edited:

Banned
Recommended Hardware

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 or AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

Animated GIF

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Damn. Ill check it out tonight. IO is one of the best devs in the business. Adding raytracing to all those old maps too. Too bad the install is gonna be like 120 gig+.

Kuranghi

Would be good if they fixed the fucked up gamma, still haven't played this, unbelieveably disappointed after I put thousands of hours into 1 and 2 "lollipop_disappointed:

It doesn't matter if you play in SDR or HDR, its not just a messed up HDR implement, its just crap. I had to stop at Dartmoor because it was so distracting, looked like I had a sheet of dried milk over my screen. Hitman 1 and 2 levels look amazing in SDR or HDR (superb in HDR, stunning interiors in Sapienza like the ice cream cafe, transformative difference when you switched between SDR and HDR) it so its just some fuck up in H3 specifically.

I submitted reports everywhere I could, even went as far as to message some lighting devs directly about it but no one cares about/notices the issue. My friend paid like 60 quid for the Gold Edition for me and I feel really bad about the whole thing. Ultra-bummer!

Maybe if you play on a 1000:1 contrast ratio IPS panel monitor you won't notice it as much, but its pure garbage on a FALD LCD/OLED. I forgot about the game until now because I had to just put it out of my mind I was so down on it.

Top Bottom