• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HobbyGaming or How I learned to stop worrying and love the mods

That woman's tongue though geez that is looong and the way it curves, oooh I bet she ain't good at just licking ice cream ....
My man hobbygaming I hate it had to be him
she could milk my prostate with that thing

Haha, I was wondering if anyone was going to notice.

546694910955275763_1371689320.jpg

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Man it must be fun managing these meltdowns (/s)- I'm sure occasionally it must make the mods laugh, not always I'm sure.

Hobbygaming Hobbygaming dude can I tell you something - you need to step away, its pretty obvious both sides of this war of consoles has people getting triggered. I got into a bit of a debate over stupidity over rechargeable built in batteries vs aa batteries in another thread - I noticed a pattern, which I've noticed repeatedly the same 4 - 5 posters regurgitating the same thing, completely ignoring other stuff and posting the same thing again and again. I eventually got my point across but I was getting quite annoyed by the end. The reality is this is the game that is being played, they are trying to actively trigger you, they are trying to actively wind you up to the point where your monkey brain takes over and you end up doing or saying something really childish / stupid and getting temp banned or perma-banned. Its kind of trollish and when you take a look at the pattern, it becomes obvious, but its an easy trap to fall into and the best thing is just to leave it - meh whatever, does it really matter ? Is anyone paying you to defend a specific thing ? If not why waste your time and energy ?

I noticed during that whole thing, the thing I was arguing about, I could not give more of a shit about, honestly who gives a damn ? Most people don't give a crap, what has got you so angry / triggered right now, does it really bug you that much or is it about winning the argument / pride ?

1 Plastic box seems to have a loyal group of fanatics willing to back each other up and defend each other, the other plastic box has a much larger but far more disorganised group of fanatics, each side is trying to trigger the other side and the mods are sitting in the middle trying to balance selling advertising / keeping the site running vs handling the crazies that are getting triggered. This is the reality, its difficult to do, but when you begin to see red and start foaming up a little step away - leave it be.
Thanks for the advice! And I think you're absolutely right 👍

Hobbygaming

I can't follow the original post at all. I literally have no idea what he is talking about.

Best I can parse is that he reported someone probably for not breaking the rules but for hurting his feels and the mods clapped back with a quick message telling him to chill out?

Then he decided to make this thread spazzing out without any proper detail, context or descriptions for the non social media generation to understand linearly what the hell he is talking about?
Yeah, it sounds like you misunderstood

Pallas

Gold Member
Iirc Mods aren’t like on standby, scanning the forums for injustices and stupidity, someone or multiple someone’s reported you, if you’re wondering why other posts aren’t being moddedC, then maybe you should report those that you think should.

Hobbygaming

That post you got was a little rude and unwarranted but on the other hand after reading that thread whether Hitman 2 has better gameplay than TLOU 2 is so subjective it cant be argued factually one way or the other, its a lost cause to try to.

Hope you stick around though your a great poster and us Naughty Dog fans need to stick together 😉
Thanks bro you're a great poster too 🤜🤛

idrago01

Banned
The funniest thing out of all of this is that the OP was trying to get revenge on those who dared to dislike the game he likes when the overall message of that game he likes is "revenge is bad".
revenge and white men bad, lesbians, trannies, and trannie-like wahman good

Hobbygaming

Reporting is one thing. But the reply message says you are report spamming.
Yeah after I got reported I reported multiple comments from the few that were replying in that thread that I thought were offensive 🤷‍♂️ around 5 or 6 comments altogether

It's done though

Last edited:

sn0man

Yeah after I got reported I reported multiple comments from the few that were replying in that thread that I thought were offensive 🤷‍♂️ around 5 or 6 comments altogether

It's done though
Welcome back. I waited to reply until the dust started settling. You sound better now. Report that one ridiculous attack at you. Mention in the report a couple other rowdy folks and then just move on. I’m positive at your tone now and hope you continue to post.

For the record: I didn’t like the way this thread started, but I think we are witnessing a rare case where someone gets close to the edge and walks back.

bender

What time is it?
Welcome back. I waited to reply until the dust started settling. You sound better now. Report that one ridiculous attack at you. Mention in the report a couple other rowdy folks and then just move on. I’m positive at your tone now and hope you continue to post.

For the record: I didn’t like the way this thread started, but I think we are witnessing a rare case where someone gets close to the edge and walks back.

giphy.gif

sn0man

"I don't care abut the ban" and then posts about the ban.

giphy.gif
Talking bout OP or the dude that decided to get banned and then hijack another account?

I think OP just fell for a land war in Asia. They seem cool enough.

if talking about the latter... I think the hand they hold is the hand that holds them down.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

My brother! Yeah I let them get to me but I'll try to be better in the future 👍

Hobbygaming

Is HobbyGaming and Gamernyc the same person?

Gamernyc is my blood brother :)

Humdinger

Funny thread and a good reminder of why I like GAF.

On a serious note, here's a suggestion for anyone who'd like to have a more peaceful time on the forum. Whenever someone speaks to you disrespectfully, walk away from the conversation. Maybe give them a parting shot, but then put them on ignore. That gives them the last word, but it keeps your ego from getting hooked into thinking you have to respond ... and they respond, then you respond, and you get the whole unproductive, escalating back and forth.

If someone in real life talked to you disrespectfully, what would you do? I'd just walk away. I'm done with that person, because they've demonstrated they don't know how to be a decent person. I might give them a parting shot, but I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with someone like that. They aren't worth my time or energy.

I find it solves a lot of problems and makes my time on forums more enjoyable and peaceful.

Top Bottom