• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy collector’s edition contents appear online

Bullet Club

Hogwarts Legacy collector’s edition contents appear online​

Players can get up to three days early access to the game

yTiXpjn.jpg

The contents of the Hogwarts Legacy collector’s edition and deluxe edition have appeared online.

As spotted by Reddit user u/BattleDashBR, hidden files on the Hogwarts Legacy website have been spotted that appear to show the various items included in the collectors and deluxe versions of the game.

It is unclear how long this file has been present on the website, however it is attached to links to large US retailers Best Buy and Game Stop, suggesting that the preorder campaign for these items could begin soon.

The majority of the items included in both editions appear to be cosmetics for use within the game. The trailers for the game have shown a wide range of customisation options, but it’s unclear at this stage if these items would be exclusive to these editions or simply early unlockables.

Mounts have been shown as part of the initial trailer and the recent State of Play, however, the Thestral, which is a skeletal horse only visible to people in the Wizarding World who have witnessed death, have yet to be shown as a mount.

L7GxQev.jpg

The collector’s edition also is said to feature a “Floating Ancient Magic Wand with Book”, which may be a physical item, as it’s not included in the deluxe edition.

In Hogwarts Legacy, the use of “Ancient Magic” is something unique to the player, allowing them to traverse through areas of Hogwarts untouched by normal students. The State of Play presentation suggested this would be the main crux of the game, so an item in the collector’s edition representing that would make sense.

Hogwarts Legacy Collector’s Edition​

• Base Game
  • Thestral Mount
  • Dark Arts Cosmetic Pack
  • Dark Arts Battle Arena
  • Dark Arts Garrison Hat
  • 72 Hours Early Access to the Game
  • Kelpie Robe
  • Steel Case
  • Floating Ancient Magic Wand with Book

Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition​

• Base Game
  • Thestral Mount
  • Dark Arts Cosmetic Pack
  • Dark Arts Battle Arena
  • Dark Arts Garrison Hat (Digital Deluxe Only)
  • 72 Hours Early Access to the Game (Digital Deluxe Only)
  • Kelpie Robe
The eagle-eyed members of the Hogwarts Legacy subreddit recently uncovered another secret seemingly hiding in plain sight, a look at the game’s UI.

As posted to the r/HarryPotterGame subreddit, menu elements appear for as little as a few frames.

Due to be published under Warner’s Portkey Games label, it was originally scheduled to be released in 2021 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC.

However, last year Warner delayed the game’s release window to 2022. It recently reiterated plans to release Hogwarts Legacy this year (including a previously unannounced Switch version), along with WB Games Montreal’s Gotham Knights, which will arrive in October.

Source: VGC

SJRB

Gold Member
I love the super random meaningless items in that collector's edition that nobody understands.

"Ooooo woow, a steel cage and a floating ancient magic wand with book? I gotta have that shit for sure, definitely pre-ordering the collector's edition.

STEEL CAGE HYPE"

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if this game is good then i won't hesitate going all out on it. i'll throw my money at JK Rowling.

the thing is we won't know until post release so likely i'll grab the deluxe edition. i'm hyped for a new HP game but i'm going to wait and see what it's like first. avalanche don't inspire me with confidence as a studio

It's Xir/Xem, Ron. Not He/Him!
Xir Who Must Not Be Named!

imagine if JKR wasn't a TERF!!

/s

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Maybe its me, but it doesn't look like just "cosmetics" to me.
I mean, Dark Arts Battle Arena? Is this a whole place for exclusivity?

I still have high hopes for this game to doesn't come with any form of stupid bullshit mechanics.

RainblowDash

Gold Member
Kinda looks like the Collector edition is better than the Deluxe?

Anyway I’m gonna buy the priciest one to show support for their hard work.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm going to gun for the collector's edition for this one. It will probably be sold out in like five minutes as usual though. I wish publishes would produce more collector's edition units for highly anticipated games.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I can see reviews for this game being a complete shitshow.

I might have to buy two collectors editions out of spite.

So I read the entire article... I would put TLDR for people but that would require the article to have substance.

Essentially this is using the game as an excuse to springboard to an article that the writer actually wants to write rather than their actual job trapped as a games "journalist". Essentially it is a "Arnt I enlightened?" For all their mates to read.

Literally nothing of value is said it floats around points that the writer believes should be obvious or everyone will already agree on, it is not the sort of article that should be on a gaming intrest site.

The closest I can draw is "trans good, JK Rowling bad".

Also yes... the writer is transgender, constantly plugs their transgender issues youtube channel, was hired in April and only writes about this for Gamespot. Rather than you know... games.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Now sure if I can fit anouther collectors edition on my display... also with scalpers it's going to be a nightmare. I do kinda want it... I read the booked as a teen when they where coming out, I kinda have this feeling of nostalgia attached to them... seeing a potentially good creation of it within a game has got me a little excited.

Top Bottom