• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Delayed until 2022

KAL2006

Banned
I've just started reading HP and the Philosopher's Stone to my son and I'm getting really excited for this project now. When it was announced I couldn't care less, but diving back into that world with my son really gets me excited to play this with my son.

Fuck JK Rowling, but she made a hell of a universe. Hopefully the game turns out well.

Cool so what did she say that angered you?

Boneless

I've just started reading HP and the Philosopher's Stone to my son and I'm getting really excited for this project now. When it was announced I couldn't care less, but diving back into that world with my son really gets me excited to play this with my son.

Fuck JK Rowling, but she made a hell of a universe. Hopefully the game turns out well.

We don't say fuck JK Rowling here.

Elysion

Banned
I watched the new "gameplay" trailer and I audibly said "damn that shit looks terrible". Now we know there was no doubt to the rumor the devs were petrified of showing off the gameplay. Yikes.
Luckily, I'm not a fan of the franchise and have little investment beyond hoping for the dev team to pull off something cool but alas......I'll wave my wand elsewhere for now.

There’s a new trailer?

TVexperto

I watched the new "gameplay" trailer and I audibly said "damn that shit looks terrible". Now we know there was no doubt to the rumor the devs were petrified of showing off the gameplay. Yikes.
Luckily, I'm not a fan of the franchise and have little investment beyond hoping for the dev team to pull off something cool but alas......I'll wave my wand elsewhere for now.
link to the new trailer?

Spacefish

Fuck JK Rowling
For what? Twitter really has transformed the internet into a game of Chinese whispers. Beyond the TERF shit which doesn't seem to be grounded in anything, I've noticed a bunch of game journos vomiting out exactly the same "fresh takes" they read on twitter in an effort to scramble on the perceived moral side of this dumb debate.
"Woah those bankers are super fucked up" pretending like she art directed the film, "whoa she gave an east Asian person a Chinese name" no shit, "oh boy why is the irish boy always blowing shit up" which was actually another decision specific to the films, the futile grasp for anything to shit on a cancelled person wouldn't be so depressing if otherwise intelligent people didn't fall for it.

I thought Warner Brothers owned the digital rights (movies+games?) of the franchise at this point, but she's filthy rich regardless because she still gets a percentage of the profits.

This is so wrong on so many levels but it's not really the place to comment on that so whatever.
Movie rights. All digital rights would be news to me. But could certainly be possible.

In that case nvm.

NeoGiffer

We don't say fuck JK Rowling here.

main-qimg-5c000905ad95321113f6dbb2077bb960

034a0950ea041a3a4b666a736d3ed455194db19d_hq.gif

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The report comes the way of PlayStation insider and Sacred Symbols host, Colin Moriarty, who notes that he has been "hearing behind the scenes that [the] game isn't coming out this year." Unfortunately, this is more or less the extent of the report. Moriarty reveals that he's looking forward to the game, but based on what he's hearing, it needs a bit more time in the oven.

The report comes the way of PlayStation insider and Sacred Symbols host, Colin Moriarty, who notes that he has been "hearing behind the scenes that [the] game isn't coming out this year." Unfortunately, this is more or less the extent of the report. Moriarty reveals that he's looking forward to the game, but based on what he's hearing, it needs a bit more time in the oven.
i'll be disappointed if it doesn't come out this year but i've waited this long for another Harry Potter game so if it means waiting another year for them to get it right then i'm fine with that.

The only thing i know about harry potter was the mid 00s campaign of people spoiling the books. I still can hear that video of some lady going Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
That’s the extent of my harry potter experience so i imagine it won’t be topped

zkorejo

So is this in development hell or something? I will be super disappointed if this gets cancelled. Hoping for a late 22 release.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Hogwarts Legacy video game will be arriving this year​

2022 is also the year when the highly anticipated console game from Warner Bros. Games’ Portkey Games label, Hogwarts Legacy, is set to be released. Developed by Avalanche Software, this action RPG allows players to be at the centre of their own adventure set during the late 1800s wizarding world. From learning powerful spells and brewing potions, to honing combat skills and taming magical beasts, this game will allow players to experience the magical world as a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry like never before as they determine the fate of the entire wizarding world. To watch the trailer and learn more about the game, click here.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Sounds like throwing shit on the wall so he can't be called on it either way it goes. 🤡🤡

Very interested in this but looks like one of those games that will probably evade us for awhile.
Thats what they all do, like parasites they attatch themselves to any rumors they can, with just enough leeway to weasel out of it no matter the outcome

Top Bottom