• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy download size is 79.5 GB for PS5 and 76.5GB for Xbox Series X|S

Draugoth

Gold Member
The download size for Hogwarts Legacy was revealed today

Fn5VbgeagAI0Y2E

Hogwarts Legacy preload download size​

If you’re curious about how much space you’ll need to free up on your console to pre-load, here are the download sizes for both platforms:

• Xbox Series X/S – 76.67GB
  • PC – 85GB (Not available for preload)
  • PS5 – 79.5GB
People who bought the deluxe edition can play on February 7

Last edited:

splattered

Depending on preorder bonuses i may just wait for this to go on sale and/or peep general reviews etc. Not totally sold on it but it does look decent.

Reactions: Isa

ckaneo

Why isn't series s less than the others? Did they not optimize the textures? Switch version will be interesting to see size wise

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Been available for pre-load for a minute now. Curious what the ". . .revealed today" refers to.

Riky

$MSFT
Why isn't series s less than the others? Did they not optimize the textures? Switch version will be interesting to see size wise

Series X and S are one file, you can put it on an expansion card and just move it between the machines.

I don't think one DLC quest would make that much of a difference.

Normally you'd expect the PS5 version install to be a bit smaller, with all the work Sony did to help with compression, etc. Might just be they didn't have time to optimize the PS5 day-one build to take advantage. Regardless, can't wait! Just need to see those reviews.

Last edited:
Living with greater than 1TB must suck?! I think you meant less than (< 1TB), but I get what you're saying, I upgraded to 2TB and I am already starting top out that drive...
Oh how I miss the luxuries of last gen with the ability to add much more memory to our consoles. Prices really need to drop and they really need to add more affordable options for us all

fart town usa

Gold Member
Oh god, my aDSL internet is crying. Hope it's done downloading by the 7th, lol. Deluxe Edition preorders says it'll start downloading on the 5th.

LOL no preload of an 85 GB game, thanks Steam!

Good thing I didn't even buy the stupid Deluxe edition, if I had paid for 72 hours early access and found out I couldn't preload it I would be not a happy dude. As it is, I'm already zenlike in my patience.

Are we starting to see parity with install size between the PS5 and XSX?
For awhile there the PS5 had a decent size reduction in file size.

Rush2112

Banned
No one's waiting for reviews? Are most people fans or just buying it to trigger reddit/twitter?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
No one's waiting for reviews? Are most people fans or just buying it to trigger reddit/twitter?

I am, even though I'm almost sure I will buy it. I'm gonna even watch gameplays when it launches. Really hope it fairs well and its a good game overall.
Problem is how the reviewers will handle their reviews without that stupid drama. This is what makes me skeptical.

zkorejo

Apparently there are 5 modes on PS5.

40 fps fidelity with vrr for 120 hz monitor is confirmed according to a leak on Reddit.

Another option is fidelity Rtx.. which is 30 fps. Then there's Performance 60 and unlocked if I'm not mistaken.

I'm looking forward to how it performs on PC and if my pc can do better fps with Rtx. Otherwise ps5 is a surefire way to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom