• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy download size is 79.5 GB for PS5 and 76.5GB for Xbox Series X|S

No one's waiting for reviews? Are most people fans or just buying it to trigger reddit/twitter?
I’m pro trans rights and I pre ordered it cause I enjoy Harry Potter’s world building . I’ll just match my buy with a 70$ donation to a trans rights organization. Most likely the Trevor project. A lot of people are jumping in to stick it to the libs tho. Silly reason to buy but the game would sell gang busters even without that.

Last edited:
I’m pro trans rights and I pre ordered it cause I enjoy Harry Potter’s world building . I’ll just match my buy with a 70$ donation to a trans rights organization. Most likely the Trevor project. A lot of people are jumping in to stick it to the libs tho. Silly reason to buy but the game would sell gang busters even without that.
It's silly to own the libs but you're donating to a trans charity for buying a game that isn't transphobic...?

5 different graphical settings:

s9vu5grjmqfa1.png

89g7alenyqfa1.png

Last edited:

SaucyJack

No one's waiting for reviews? Are most people fans or just buying it to trigger reddit/twitter?

Let's be real, on the internet you can kid yourself that some of the noisy stuff you see is more widespread than it really is.

Harry Potter and the broader wizarding world has a HUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE fanbase. 99.9% will be buying this as a positive choice based on that, or what they've seen of the game

Hardly anyone, in reality, cares that deeply about the trans stuff. 0.1% will be buying this as an "anti-woke" statement.

Soosa

Banned
Living with < 1TB drive in 2023 must suck hairy ass.

Edit: don't type too fast, kids.
Depends.

400mbps fiber 19,90€, 1000mbps 34,90€ month. Some areas have even cheaper options.

Also 1000mbps 5G are like 40-50€/month, that are tryly that fast.

So it doesnt take that long to download stuff, so small ssd isnt that Bad, depending of The country.

I have 1tb m2 on ps5 and samsung T7 1tb USB ssd as vault drive on series x. And Time between moving from usb to internal isnt much faster than download from online.

These dont apply if people still have data caps, we havent had them basically in many decades.

Oh god, my aDSL internet is crying. Hope it's done downloading by the 7th, lol. Deluxe Edition preorders says it'll start downloading on the 5th.
Oh yikes. I had ADSL just until 2 years ago when FTTP was installed. Downloaded Modern Warfare which was around 80GB and it took 8 hours. You should be good providing you have a 12mbps connection.

Comandr

Fuck dat Fidelity + Fidelity RTX shit. Just do 1 quality preset and 1 performance preset + options for vrr and 129 hertz displays. I don't want to decide between two fidelity modes. Hate it with all my guts.
machina31.jpg

If it upsets you that bad just pretend that fidelity mode doesn't exist and just use ray tracing. Or if you hate ray tracing for some reason do the other thing. idk why you are hurt so bad over this

TrebleShot

Interesting performance modes, I was listening to a live stream of someone who has seen both modes in action and claimed there is a huge difference between performance mode and fidelity mode.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Is the pre load live.

I'm ready. I've pre ordered.

Also, equal rights to all and do whatever you want in life and I hope you find love, living and laughter but I'm not personally cancelling this game based on an Internet mob.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Is the pre load live.

I'm ready. I've pre ordered.

Also, equal rights to all and do whatever you want in life and I hope you find love, living and laughter but I'm not personally cancelling this game based on an Internet mob.

You can pre-load on Xbox and could for about a week. No pre-order needed.

PS5 pre-loads for pre-orders are 48 hours before launch,

DaGwaphics

Series X and S are one file, you can put it on an expansion card and just move it between the machines.

I do wish more third-parties handled the S like MS itself does with many of the first-party games, the storage savings is really nice. That said, 77GB isn't that bad for a big budget game today.

I never read or watched anything in this series but the wife preordered it on the series x with my credit card cause she's a super fan(she has the chest, cape, and a wand lmao). I practically had no choice

I'm gonna try it for a few mins but i'm more interested in if it lives up to all this hype people on here have been giving it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I pre ordered for my 10 year old daughter ehos a huge fan it's one of the main things she asked for for Xmas so really I had to.

I'm hoping it turns out great and I can play it too.

I wish every game was cross play, so I could play on pc on the xbox store but I'm not sure that is the case. Sadge.

Krathoon

Now my order is shipping on the 7th, hopefully earlier.

Here is some gameplay straight from Wizarding World.

Last edited:
I preordered for the exclusive content for preorders, and to give my kiddies the bragging rights they deserve for their friends at school LOL!! I hope there's a DF video out before launch just to add to the hype or kill it dead in the water before I start my playthrough

Top Bottom