• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy: duration of the campaign revealed by a leaker: 15-20h; Platinum/100% takes 60-70h

Draugoth

Gold Member

FoIndw3XoAEcdxH

A well-known leaker has revealed the duration of the Hogwarts Legacy campaign, considering both a quick approach and an objective-oriented one.

The duration of the Hogwarts Legacy campaign was revealed by the well-known PlayStation leaker Game Size, who reported very different values based on how you choose to proceed: 15-20 hours when you focus on the story and the missions connected to it, which they become 60-70 where you aim for Platinum/100%.

These are values more or less in line with the official data for the 100% completion of Hogwarts Legacy , while it is clear that going straight forward it will be possible to get to the end credits substantially faster.

Thinking about it for a moment, this is a sensible approach: those who want to explore the world of Hogwarts Legacy from top to bottom will have the opportunity to dedicate even a hundred hours or more to the game, while those with less time can opt for a direct path.

Spoilers Below:
  • 34 Enemy Type
  • 26 Spells
  • 57 Side Quests
  • 95 Merlin Trials
  • 603 collections (Collectibles)
  • 3 broom races
  • 2 battle arenas

According to the Trophies, other data on the Hogwarts Legacy campaign also came out, in this case the total number of enemies that we will face divided by type, the number of spells, the challenges and side quests, the arenas, the races at broom board and collectibles.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
57 side quests? That's quite a bit less than the 100+ mentioned in reviews.

Unless they are counting merlin trials? Whatever they are.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean anything.

You can "beat" The Witcher 3 in about 50 hours by focusing on just the base game story. If you rush it then 35-40 is possible. This is a game that any time I've played it I spent 100-120 hours in it.

Everyone has different ways of playing and what they consider as having completed a game.

A 60-70 hour game sounds perfect to me. I'm such a slow player too so I'll be taking my time. I want to explore every inch of Hogwarts and collect everything I can. I generally don't bother 100% completing a game but this is a Harry Potter game I've been dreaming of for 10+ years.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Game not on my radar but that's exactly my ideal duration, kudos to the devs for having common sense lol

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This game has a lot of potential, they've built an incredibly well realized HP world and with sales through the roof I'm pretty sure they'll be expanding the hell out of it with DLCs and Expansions

Bullshit, i am at 10 hours and the quests are still at 15% and some main quest you can't do without doing Sidequest for spells. Any game if you start to beeline the main quests it takes 10-15 hours but that way you have missed half the game. Better watch a YouTube with the story bits that to pay 80€ just to rush and finish.

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah I don't believe that 20 hours. I've done little side stuff (but even them combined the side quests with main, like the library) and I ain't touched shit yet

RafterXL

You can beat Elden Ring in less than an hour, that doesn't mean the average person will even come close.

I still don't even have flying or my second spell bar and almost 17 hours in. I'll be shocked if I'm less than 100 hours when it's all said and done.

anthony2690

Banned
yea I'd like to see what exactly they are talking about then.
I think it must include the merlin trials, there is 93 of them & 57 friends/side quests & all other side activities, there is quite a substantial amount of stuff to do regardless.

Top Bottom