• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy is the most anticipated game of 2023

GymWolf

My favorite is this one:

"I want to burn this wretched world down seeing the number 1 on this list, and everyone playing this game will be my enemy, and I hope every one of you who plays the fucking Harry Potter game burn your hand into incapacitation, ban me if you want"

LMAO and of course the idiot isn't banned for saying that. Cringe.
Even funnier the people who cope saying that hogwarts has so many research on yt because of the terf controversy...

They really think that 99,99% of people outside of mental asy...social media, really care about that crap:lollipop_squinting:

They are just downright cute sometimes

Last edited:

Davevil

crushed noo GIF
Era ?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Lets ignore Starfield, spiderman and tears of kingdom for a minute there.
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

SPIDERMAN doesn't even had a release date and most people almost surely haven't been searching for "TEARS OF BLAH BLAH" but "BOTW2." HP fans searching for a game that is imminently available (like a little over a month away) with great fervor, versus one without a release date and one with a recent name change isn't shocking.

. . .so, relax.

.Pennywise

Banned
Looking forward to harry potter, but will await reviews.
This is gonna be quite the thing in the following month. There's probably gonna be a shitfest of skewed reviews taking into account stuff that don't actually mean anything for the actual game, which is a damn shame for all the people that only want to play the game and are not invested in certain people's war.

Mr Moose

My favorite is this one:

"I want to burn this wretched world down seeing the number 1 on this list, and everyone playing this game will be my enemy, and I hope every one of you who plays the fucking Harry Potter game burn your hand into incapacitation, ban me if you want"

Nice, I finally have an enemy. I'll buy two copies!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Luke Stephens has done a video about this game, and some of the things he says are concerning:

The chance of heavy monetisation is bad, as is the track record of the developers.

Hoping for this to be great, but I'm as skeptical as he is at this point.

GymWolf

Luke Stephens has done a video about this game, and some of the things he says are concerning:

The chance of heavy monetisation is bad, as is the track record of the developers.

For me the biggest doubt is how unproven the studio is.

I can live with some monetization, i can't live with just a mediocre good looking game.

tmlDan

My favorite is this one:

it blows my mind that something like that is acceptable by anyone in modern civilization.

what a wild thing to say lol

ikbalCO

Oh boy the purples are starting to break down a bit

I wish J.K Rolling were a good human because then we could freely discuss Hogwarts Legacy here.

Why does she have to suck?

:goog_devil::goog_devil:
Yeah. That thread is crazy.

It was basically hype thread where most of them admit they pre ordered or looking forward to play.

I guess they locked it now.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Most people buying Zelda don't even have to inform themselves about the game, they know they're gonna buy it and if it's bad, well so be it but most chances are that the game is great and they don't have to make sure on internet lol, that's as big of an IP Zelda is, internet searches mean nothing to it.

On the other hand, games with less global trust may have more people trying to see if it's worth it, and I think new IPs like Hogwarts Legacy and Starfield fall into this category.

Boneless

This is gonna be quite the thing in the following month. There's probably gonna be a shitfest of skewed reviews taking into account stuff that don't actually mean anything for the actual game, which is a damn shame for all the people that only want to play the game and are not invested in certain people's war.
The fact that JK stands up for woman's rights and does not back down when being unfairly demonised and attacked I find a positive.

Flutta

Banned
We all know Tears will sell the most in the end. That Switch userbase is massive.
Starfield is being held back by MS for being console exclusive AND it’s ”free”to rent so it won’t bring in those Skyrim or even fallout numbers. Whoever believe’s that is dumb dumb.
Potter is a huge IP/franchise, can it bring in big numbers? it’s also multiplat so yeah i believe it will.
Can’t wait for those purple tears to flow over it 🤣

Overall
1) Tears
2) Potter
3) Spiderman

7) Starfield

Last edited:

Boneless

Yeah. That thread is crazy.

It was basically hype thread where most of them admit they pre ordered or looking forward to play.

I guess they locked it now.
Link?

Also, on the potential for heavy monetisation, that would be doomed to fail in a single player only game, so I doubt that but who knows.

Mossybrew

There's probably gonna be a shitfest of skewed reviews taking into account stuff that don't actually mean anything for the actual game

Should start taking bets now on how many words Polygon's review will dedicate to Rowling's "problematic politics" or whatever.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Full List:

1. Hogwarts Legacy - 1.23 million searches
  2. Starfield - 540,000 searches
  3. Diablo 4 - 301,000 searches
  4. Sons of the Forest - 224,000 searches
  5. Baldur's Gate 3 - 206,000 searches
  6. Forspoken - 192,000 searches
  7. The Day Before - 187,000 searches
  8. Blue Protocol - 185,000 searches
  9. Resident Evil 4 - 161,000 searches
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom/Ark 2 - 154,000 searches
whoever made this study must be shot.

.Pennywise

Banned
Also, on the potential for heavy monetisation, that would be doomed to fail in a single player only game, so I doubt that but who knows.
I thought the same. But the last showcase of the game showed that it has some freaking Pokemon x Chao Garden stuff. People will just go nuts on it no matter what

HAYA8U5A

What a bunch of nuts over there.......

aJTIBoV.png

Meanwhile, if you say, "I like the game and am going to buy it" you get banned for a month for being dismissive. Yet this psycho is allowed to keep posting.

With how much literal shaking is going on we might have to literally start issuing tsunami warnings.
Parks And Recreation GIF

Flabagast

I know someone who has stopped playing video games 10 years ago who is planning to buy a PS5 only for Hogwarts Legacy. It will be an absolute monster.

Although I am afraid it will not be a very good game at all based on what we have seen.

Exede

Can't find the link to this study. Who made it, how many entered, could they chose any game? I need more infos

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
My favorite is this one:

Yeah that's not toxic at all!

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President

I thought the Just Cause Avalanche was working on this?

wow. i cannot even imaging how the discourse around this game is going to be when actually launches.

well. keep fighting muggles. bye.

rfplpk9.gif

Duchess

It'll certainly end up being the most controversial release of 2023, what with the LBTQ+ community at war with JK Rowling, and urging people not to buy it.

You ask me, the game will shift millions of copies, despite all the protests, since most people don't care about Rowling's position on trans / self identity.

Raven117

If its good, I will buy it. If its not, I wont.

There is going to be alot coming out this year, even with some inevitable delays. So, its all good.

JayK47

Well it is about time I pre-order this. Just to support the poor devs who likely get death threats from crazy "gamers".

Arachnid

It makes sense. Potter has a Star Wars level fanbase. This is something that appeals to people who aren't even really gamers. It'll sell off name alone, like Spiderman.

Last edited:
Top Bottom