• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Next Gen Immersion Trailer

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Look, these might be the most impressive looking sizzle reels hiding a giant turd, but I'll be damned if I'm not sold. The game looked big in the State of Play, but the start of this drip-feed is making this look like something fantastic to sink your teeth into.

My only hope is that it will be accessible to non-Harry Potter knowers. I'm sure there will be Easter-eggs and subtle winks to Harry Potter, but that all of it will still make sense to people not familiar with this world. That they aren't using Harry Potter in any of the titles is encouraging.

. . .there's also no fucking way this will be 4K/60, not with some of the world design we're seeing in these videos. Maybe, but looking at those quick clips walking around the kitchen and the different houses, way too much detail going on. Fingers crossed for at least 4K/30 (would love if they went 4K/40 - or are able to).

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Look, these might be the most impressive looking sizzle reels hiding a giant turd, but I'll be damned if I'm not sold. The game looked big in the State of Play, but the start of this drip-feed is making this look like something fantastic to sink your teeth into.

My only hope is that it will be accessible to non-Harry Potter knowers. I'm sure there will be Easter-eggs and subtle winks to Harry Potter, but that all of it will still make sense to people not familiar with this world. That they aren't using Harry Potter in any of the titles is encouraging.

. . .there's also no fucking way this will be 4K/60, not with some of the world design we're seeing in these videos. Maybe, but looking at those quick clips walking around the kitchen and the different houses, way too much detail going on. Fingers crossed for at least 4K/30 (would love if they went 4K/40 - or are able to).
I like that most people here are like "I'm probably getting scammed but this looks good".It's like gaming (especially about popular licences) has been so shitty that most of us can't believe it wil be good even though it looks to be.We'll see, but I hope it will be good.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
everyone making jokes about "connect with your wand" and dualsense features but i'm freaking out cause we FINALLY get to see the Hogwarts Kitchens. I wish we got to see that in Goblet of Fire movie.

seriously though. the game looks amazing. if i only buy one game for the rest of the year it'll be this. i'll play it on PC or Xbox though :messenger_tongue:

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
It looks great. I'll probably get it day one.

But the faces still look poor quality and this trailer barely shows them...
The animations also look a bit stiff.

FUCK JK Rowling.

We don't provide a platform for transphobic scum here on NeoGAF.
Think you're on the wrong forum, mate.

Last edited:

TonyK

Dual sense haptics are the gimmick of the generation. But at least they don't make the game worse, like the adaptive triggers, that's cancer.

Ps5 controller is nice, don't get me wrong, but with the useless touch screen, the haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers, is the piece of hardware with more gimmicks I saw in my life. In PS6 I suppose they will add an umbrella or something equally pointless.

Ozriel

M$FT
This game is going to be a massive hit. Extremely popular IP plus what looks to be an excellent and highly detailed open world.

Sony has a way of picking top notch marketing deals, I have to say

DareDaniel

Banned
As an (ex) HP fan, I can't wait to see some of the stuff they didn't show in the movies (the kitchens, Deathday party, Peeves..) but I'm pretty sure these will be explained in the game.
I haven't felt this level of anticipation for a game since MGSV. While I had a lot of fun with the HP over the years (with the exception of the deathly hallows games which were just unplayable), this is the true HP game I've always wanted. J.K. Rowling rules btw.

I didn't really get into Harry Potter as much as most people. I watched 6 movies and read 5 books, but I couldn't bring myself to go through anymore of it. But this game looks really good, and I approve of JK Rowling's stance on certain issues, so I'm looking forward to both this game and the inevitable drama surrounding this game.

Pelta88

"Avalanche explained that the DualSense's adaptive triggers "allow for more flexibility in combat", as the player has "so many spells" at their disposal, implying that pushing in the trigger at different rates could cast different attacks.

Haptic feedback will also make each spell feel individualistic and Avalanche has isolated all of these effects to the right side of the controller to represent the in-game character holding a wand (sorry lefties). Deflecting spells can also be felt as the player's Shield Charm sizzles with magic as it reflects and absorbs blows."

OJcws9.gif

The PS5 Dualsense is literally a game changer.

Top Bottom