• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy: Nintendo Switch Version Delayed to November

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

Deerock71

Could be because they are having problems. Could be because they are skurred of TOTK.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Comandr

Good strategy. Let's cancel a game as opposed to releasing it on a system that will likely be 135 million screens strong during the holidays.
rupauls drag race television GIF
And when the performance is absolutely catastrophic I’m sure that will be great press. Publisher delays game for over a year, releases it in terrible condition. Plays horribly. 135 million children’s Christmas ruined. Should have been Switched out for a better console. The headlines write themselves.

With this many delays… the writing is on the wall. But hey I’m here to watch the meltdowns.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
And when the performance is absolutely catastrophic I’m sure that will be great press. Publisher delays game for over a year, releases it in terrible condition. Plays horribly. 135 million children’s Christmas ruined. Should have been Switched out for a better console. The headlines write themselves.

With this many delays… the writing is on the wall. But hey I’m here to watch the meltdowns.
If they cancel, there will be no meltdowns. Pick one.

It's hard for people with more money than sense to understand that there are millions of people that can only afford on console per generation. Hell, there are those who can afford only one 60 game per year. Let's give them some choice since they don't have many.

Comandr

If they cancel, there will be no meltdowns. Pick one.

It's hard for people with more money than sense to understand that there are millions of people that can only afford on console per generation. Hell, there are those who can afford only one 60 game per year. Let's give them some choice since they don't have many.
U mad bro? Lol. Who are you white knighting for? If I could only afford one 60$ game a year it sure as shit wouldn’t be Hogwarts over literally any other switch game.

9 months after its initial release, no one is going to give a shit about this game anymore. This game looks and plays like crap on Xbox one s, a console undeniably more powerful than the switch.

They’re going to have to do a LOT of squeezing to make it work, and I don’t think the juice will be worth it.

CamHostage

I think it'll be fine? Switch performance of ports has been comparably worthwhile in recent times aside from general resolution haze and draw-in or density issues. (And the Switch version could be modified from the other versions to swap in different materials or image techniques since there's no online system requiring these versions to maintain parity. They could make it look totally different in the "Switch Special Edition" version if they had to.) The quantity of assets needed to be packed onto a Switch card is daunting, loadtimes will suck, and all those trees could look pretty janky if they have to switch to billboards, but the actual game engine and scale isn't necessarily out of reach of Switch.

And if they get it right, it’s going to do huge numbers during the holidays.

Could be a reasonable strategy. Give the developer extra time to make the Switch port work best for Switch users, launch it maybe around the time of a big DLC pack, add in some exclusive Mario- or Hyrule-themed robes, maybe throw in some bonus bucks to cross-promo Quiddich Championship, and have a special Switch product out in time for Christmas.

Last edited:

Luigi Mario

Could be a reasonable strategy. Give the developer extra time to make the Switch port work best for Switch users, launch it maybe around the time of a big DLC pack, add in some exclusive Mario- or Hyrule-themed robes, throw in some bonus bucks for Quiddich Championship, and have a special Switch product out in time for Christmas.
Even though we don’t know when their new console will launch next year, it could also be considered the last big third-party release for the Switch.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
U mad bro? Lol. Who are you white knighting for? If I could only afford one 60$ game a year it sure as shit wouldn’t be Hogwarts over literally any other switch game.

9 months after its initial release, no one is going to give a shit about this game anymore. This game looks and plays like crap on Xbox one s, a console undeniably more powerful than the switch.

They’re going to have to do a LOT of squeezing to make it work, and I don’t think the juice will be worth it.
I don't understand this "worth" argument. It's video games. Every "achievement" regarding videogames is worthless, so to each one, to their own poison.

Comandr

And if you were the head of Warner Bros.' game division or bean counter, that might mean something.
Pick Me Season 10 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race's Drag Race
Yes well this is where I go to express my opinions on this video game forum. Is that not.. the purpose of this website? To discuss thoughts, opinions, news, etc? Is there something I don't understand here?

Deerock71

Yes well this is where I go to express my opinions on this video game forum. Is that not.. the purpose of this website? To discuss thoughts, opinions, news, etc? Is there something I don't understand here?
Differing opinions, apparently.

Elysion

Banned
Would be interesting if they use the extra time not just to get it running acceptably on Switch, but also to include some extra content and gameplay enhancements. Might even serve as an incentive to get people to double-dip.

Fbh

Well I thought the Ps4/X1 version was going to be a shit show but it seems to have turned out decent. So maybe they can pull it off.
I expect some sort of very blurry and very visually downscaled but ultimately still playable version, like The Witcher 3.

Gambit2483

😂 and there it is. Either 2 things are happening

1. It gets cancelled

2. It gets announced to be moving to the next platform after Nintendo announces it later this year.

There's no way this is releasing on a 2015 tablet.

Last edited:
I've managed to snag an image of the current Switch build.

Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-Mystery-15.png

At this point I would prefer if it was an entirely different game that took advantage of the Switch, like how devs used to do in the Wii gen.

Madden 09, Wii:
41p2ngsJCUL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Madden 09, PS3/360:

hqdefault.jpg

The Wii version was more fun

DrXym

Would be painfully hard to make work on the Switch but if The Witcher was able to receive a semi passable port then I guess anything is possible.

Top Bottom