• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Official Launch Trailer Released

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
. . .am I crazy or did they accidentally mix 60FPS (or near there) footage into this? Kinda jarring in the beginning there.

Either way, does look good and expansive. I'm not expecting anything more than FARCRY x HARRY POTTER and this looks like it will deliver at least on that front. Also getting REAL "A New Hope" vibes from this "You're a late entry student who is going to get a sped up and unorthodox training. . .but also probably the most powerful magic-person in generations."

SafeOrAlone

Banned
You mean like couple of hours of gameplay that have been available on YouTube for a while?
No, I mean in the “Launch trailer” of a video game which you play.

I’m not commenting on the output of the entire marketing team. I am sharing my feelings on this trailer, which this thread is dedicated to.

Last edited:

k_trout

wonder how the classrooms are going to be incorporated into the game, seems to be a lot of detail there

therealmoonface

Neo Member
Was never a fan but the earlier trailers piqued my interest so went back and watched the whole series and goddamn did I thoroughly enjoy it. This could be the game to finally convert my non-gaming fiancé.

ikbalCO

How does this game keep getting better looking with each trailer?

February 10 cant come soon enough!!!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
No, I mean in the “Launch trailer” of a video game which you play.

I’m not commenting on the output of the entire marketing team. I am sharing my feelings on this trailer, which this thread is dedicated to.

What person watching the Launch Trailer will not have been exposed to gameplay such that having "no gameplay" (which is a bit of an odd complaint given this is all a mix of in-game cutscenes and exploration) in a narrative driven trailer is something remarkable?

Kikorin

I always found Harry Potter boring as a character, but Hogwarts, the setting, creatures and the world in general were what made me go through all the movies. This game seems to capturate the atmoshpere so weel. I expect it to be pretty much an open world as tons out there, but with the plus of a great world to explore, I hope with lot of secrets to discover in the school and in the open world.

Rykan

. . .am I crazy or did they accidentally mix 60FPS (or near there) footage into this? Kinda jarring in the beginning there.

Either way, does look good and expansive. I'm not expecting anything more than FARCRY x HARRY POTTER and this looks like it will deliver at least on that front. Also getting REAL "A New Hope" vibes from this "You're a late entry student who is going to get a sped up and unorthodox training. . .but also probably the most powerful magic-person in generations."
Nope. 1:55 is definitely 60 FPS footage.

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Looks good. I hope it actually is and that it sells very very well. First of all because it seems like a game I could enjoy, but as a bonus second because it will piss of the wokies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
79kbxn.jpg

SafeOrAlone

Banned
What person watching the Launch Trailer will not have been exposed to gameplay such that having "no gameplay" (which is a bit of an odd complaint given this is all a mix of in-game cutscenes and exploration) in a narrative driven trailer is something remarkable?
Tons of people. Launch trailers are supposed to cast a wide net.

MiguelItUp

Looks great! I'm excited to check it out, even if I've just always liked Harry Potter and haven't LOVED it. Definitely appears to be a fun and immersive world.

Catphish

This is the closest I've been to excited over an upcoming game in a long time. I won't preorder it, but if reviews and word of mouth are positive, I'll pick it up for sure.

Nankatsu

Looks really dope. I'm holding myself to not pre-order it before February 6th, but most like will binge it before that :messenger_tears_of_joy:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I don't generally preorder games, but I've preordered this one.

Frankly even if it's bad I'm going to play the shit out of it with my 9 year old, who's a complete Harry Potter fanatic.

Game seems like a solid 8 type of game and coming from a studio that has never made a game as big as this that's extremely impressive. Can't wait to play it.

Really curious if they took any inspiration from BOTW for the game design at all. I think it would work wonders for a game like this.

Last edited:
Hold up a minute, just hold the hell up. I thought Portkey Games were the developer of Hogwarts Legacy? They're name is on all the promotional material. I go onto the Wikipedia page and it says Avalanche Software.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I can already smell a 4/10 from ign. It looks like a good game for Potter fans. I will buy it but probably not play it.

Hold up a minute, just hold the hell up. I thought Portkey Games were the developer of Hogwarts Legacy? They're name is on all the promotional material. I go onto the Wikipedia page and it says Avalanche Software.

Portkey Games is just Warner Bros division for publishing Harry Potter games. They don't develop the games.

Portkey Games is just Warner Bros division for publishing Harry Potter games. They don't develop the games.
Yet their name is all over the promotional material, where's Avalanche Software and their branding? I checked out the game's Wikipedia page a couple months ago and Portkey Games were listed as the sole developer. This has come as a little bit of a surprise, it reminds of Rockstar Games taking most of the credit for L.A Noire when Team Bondi actually did the work.
cDHU28ds7cCvKAnVQo719gs0.png
41YEpZq%2BvzL._UL1600_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom